Author Topic: Why did Denns Wolf place 16th at the olympia?  (Read 10412 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Why did Denns Wolf place 16th at the olympia?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 07:13:52 PM »
Can any of you imagine having a physique as huge as Dennis Wolf? When he didn't win in 07 he came in a bit different in 08 and then again in 09 always trying to see if what he presented was what the judges were looking for. He finally figured out that politics has a lot to do with where you place. If you associate with the wrong trainers or train at the wrong gym that doesn't help. If you have a contract with the wrong magazine then you don't place high and are 'overlooked' by the judges. The fact he placed so low last year speaks more about the IFBB than about Dennis.

Trust Bob Stooge to put down anyone who posts that the IFBB and their contests are suspect.

Now, Special Ed, what is this 'walla'? Is that New Yorkese for 'voila'?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
Can any of you imagine having a physique as huge as Dennis Wolf? When he didn't win in 07 he came in a bit different in 08 and then again in 09 always trying to see if what he presented was what the judges were looking for. He finally figured out that politics has a lot to do with where you place. If you associate with the wrong trainers or train at the wrong gym that doesn't help. If you have a contract with the wrong magazine then you don't place high and are 'overlooked' by the judges. The fact he placed so low last year speaks more about the IFBB than about Dennis.

Trust Bob Stooge to put down anyone who posts that the IFBB and their contests are suspect.

Now, Special Ed, what is this 'walla'? Is that New Yorkese for 'voila'?

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze, ImBasile...

Wolf placed better when he was under contract with MD, so let me get this right...with a pending contract with Weider, the "powers that be" and "politics" decided to place him LAST?

I'm actually starting to feel bad for you...you know, like the neighborhood bully picking on the retarded kid

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 07:27:04 PM »
Bob, Bob, Bob, you and Goodrum have no shame. Zero. You have more hide than an elephant and use it to reflect the criticism that comes your way.

Anyone with half a clue can see that the IFBB runs suspect contests. Who picks the judges? Ah, that is important. Who picked the judges for the Masters Pro?

You are representing an insider, backroom boys group who make the decisions for what is going to happen in professional bodybuilding. You can call us all the names you want
but that doesn't erase the stench that exists re the IFBB and their contests. What about Paul Chua and his corruption in the East? Was that a mistake that Milos reported? Oh, yeah, the
mistake was reporting it because the messenger got punished instead of the offender.

Why the IFBB has a musclehead like you involved is a mystery to me. We need guys with integrity for a start and not some bullshit artist on Getbig.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 07:29:46 PM »
Bob, Bob, Bob, you and Goodrum have no shame. Zero. You have more hide than an elephant and use it to reflect the criticism that comes your way.

Anyone with half a clue can see that the IFBB runs suspect contests. Who picks the judges? Ah, that is important. Who picked the judges for the Masters Pro?

You are representing an insider, backroom boys group who make the decisions for what is going to happen in professional bodybuilding. You can call us all the names you want
but that doesn't erase the stench that exists re the IFBB and their contests. What about Paul Chua and his corruption in the East? Was that a mistake that Milos reported? Oh, yeah, the
mistake was reporting it because the messenger got punished instead of the offender.

Why the IFBB has a musclehead like you involved is a mystery to me. We need guys with integrity for a start and not some bullshit artist on Getbig.

Nice response...completely void of the ongoing dialogue, and of course...you cant address what I responded with without exposing yourself even more as a clueless fool

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »
what would his placing have to do with magazine contract anyway. i really doubt dennis's placing at the mrolympia will effect the amount of revenue the image of his body can generate. people dont like the way a bodybuilder looks because of his placings, its a subjective thing that doesnt have much to do with that kind of attention to detaill...such as water under the skin, looking a little flat, etc...

the people who like the way dennis looks dont like his look because of his high placing at the olympia in 07 and 08, but because of the fact he is big, round shoulders, tight waist, outer quad sweep, sick most muscular and side chest, german/russian white dude..etc.....    and him placing last at the mrO doesnt change that fact...he still looks the same..

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
God...you're such a moron.

First, his contract was UP...so it wasnt he was or wasnt...his contract was ENDING.  He then had a choice as to who to sign with. Blechman didnt have anything to do (or say) about it, as Dennis was trying to sign LAST year with Weider, but was in the middle of a two year deal and he thought the option year decision was HIS...obviously, he didnt understand it...

Federov was re-signed after taking last...

Matarazzo was signed after taking last at his first Olympia...

Dennis as a Weider athlete looking the same, places the same...
Assuming what you say is correct, Weider and Wolf were in discussions, if not negotiations, PRIOR to the expiration if his MD contract, which may or may not constitute tortious interference with contractual relations.

Blechman, call me.

P.S. Re-signing a guy is a different horse. Weider has always kept loyal guys on the payroll long after they've proven useful, except for Ronnie Coleman, who was unceremoniously dumped shortly after breaching Weider protocol and appearing on Big Nation Radio.

P.P.S. If Weider signed Matarazzo after finishing last at his first Olympia, I stand corrected and admit I was wrong. I apologize for my error. (See, that didn't hurt so bad! Try it sometime!)
BigNationRadio.com

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 08:26:30 PM »
special ed paypal me some cash, i will use that cash to build muscles then provide you with a gay 4 pay voucher to use on iBUGmusclesTUG

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:20 PM »
Special Ed, are you up to date on internet libel? Just asking.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:26 PM »
Wolf looked better in 09 than Cutler did in 07.

Cutler got the elevator, Wolf got the shaft.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 09:03:54 PM »
Special Ed, are you up to date on internet libel? Just asking.
I don't label my libel, but yes, there has been a dramatic rise in 'hurt feelings' cases. The problem is the lack of damages, hence the lack of interest and the lack of lawyers taking these cases. But if you are willing to pay $400/hour and keep up with me, I am willing to roll the dice and rock the boat with you. 
BigNationRadio.com

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 09:12:24 PM »
LOL, spoken like a true professional. People without assets can't be sued. What about site owners who allow libel to be posted?

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 09:14:30 PM »
16th may have been a bit harsh, but Wolf was way off in 09.  He set his own bar high in 07, and was nowhere near as conditioned.  He is super smooth in that FLS.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2010, 09:17:23 PM »
Getting back to the way the Olympia was judged I would say they defaulted to conditioning being supreme because that is the only quality they can easily assess. Thus, no matter how big or impressive anyone looks if they aren't ripped to shreds they don't place high. I don't like this standard but that is what has evolved in many bodybuilding shows.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2010, 09:21:14 PM »
wolf is gonna dominate this year i can see it in his face last at the Olympia he was pissed as hell for placing 16th and in 2010 hes gonna take his revenge back 8).
TEAM WOLF

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2010, 09:54:04 PM »
dennis wolf is a bodybuilder

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 09:58:01 PM »
ok bob, tell me how did moe el mousawwi, silvio samuel, hidetada and gustavo beat dennis?  pure politics.  those guys are skinny twinks compared to dennis.
I dont like twinks.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2010, 01:30:53 AM »

Conspiracy theories aside, Kevin, please show us one time in the history of bodybuilding where Weider signed a bodybuilder who took last place in his last contest.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone but despite his placing at that show he is still a potential Mr Olympia and that's why Weider and BSN signed him.

Edit: Having read this thread I see that Bob has already named some people who were signed despite placing last.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2010, 01:40:10 AM »
We need guys with integrity for a start and not some bullshit artist on Getbig.

Considering you spend your time photographing young kids without their parents knowledge, what do you know about integrity?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2010, 01:47:36 AM »
ok bob, tell me how did moe el mousawwi, silvio samuel, hidetada and gustavo beat dennis?  pure politics.  those guys are skinny twinks compared to dennis.
Or maybe, just maybe, Dennis was washed out, and not just his conditioning sucked, the judges decided to penalize him for it. In the last 3 yrs he has not gotten better. He still has no lower back. Maybe they sent a message to him, "You have what it takes, but you are disappointing us."

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2010, 02:00:06 AM »

What a disgrace the judging is

they punished him for not presenting the same level of 2007 or even 2008 but sure he deserved better than 16th!!.. judges of the olympia always care about the very top places then put anyone over any one after that!!.. check the results and pics. of mr. olympia 1994, this was very obvious there!!..

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2010, 02:38:15 AM »

What the fuck are you on, Basile? A "sport" (I'm just about to pee in my pants writing this) whose biggest contest saw a pill peddler place second not that long ago (and who actually should have won) and a fruit abuser and G4P star place fourth in 2009 wouldn't survive without compulsive liars to represent it. Who better than a guy who spent probably the last twenty years of his life dodging uncomfortable questions about all the filth in which Pro Bbing bathes to represent it?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2010, 02:38:29 AM »
Wolf's conditioning was horrible guys, The guy has great potential but he looked like shit at the O and we all know it.  Go back to Milos Dennis.  

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2010, 04:39:05 AM »
Assuming what you say is correct, Weider and Wolf were in discussions, if not negotiations, PRIOR to the expiration if his MD contract, which may or may not constitute tortious interference with contractual relations.

Blechman, call me.

P.S. Re-signing a guy is a different horse. Weider has always kept loyal guys on the payroll long after they've proven useful, except for Ronnie Coleman, who was unceremoniously dumped shortly after breaching Weider protocol and appearing on Big Nation Radio.

P.P.S. If Weider signed Matarazzo after finishing last at his first Olympia, I stand corrected and admit I was wrong. I apologize for my error. (See, that didn't hurt so bad! Try it sometime!)

LOL....good luck with that one, this aint the NFL buddy...that said, Wolf was in discussions a year EARLIER with Weider, as I stated...and nothing was mentioned of any interference, etc...I've seen, read, negotiated many supp contracts for athletes...I have yet to see that specifically stated.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2010, 05:28:53 AM »
Bob, shake your head because you are full of it. Pro bodybuilding is ugly and even knights like you can't polish it clean again.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2010, 07:15:45 AM »
Bob, shake your head because you are full of it. Pro bodybuilding is ugly and even knights like you can't polish it clean again.

Still waiting for a response, ImBasile...I addressed your post item by item, and you have nothing to back yourself up?