Author Topic: Comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times  (Read 11245 times)

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
Troubled comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, sources told The Post. Lange's frantic mom called 911 Saturday morning after she entered his Hoboken apartment and found the bloodied funnyman, a law-enforcement source said. Lange sustained six "hesitation wounds" and three deep plunges. A source close to Lange's management team confirmed that the Howard Stern sidekick stabbed himself, adding that his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food. Surgeons managed to save Lange despite heavy bleeding. "We all have our demons," Stern said on-air this week, referring to Lange's past battles with addiction. "Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/stern_sidekick_in_suicide_try_5m9Hwhn1OvpONlzbsiW3oJ?offset=8#comments#ixzz0bvw77sSy

This is really sad.
For me, Artie has been the bright spot of the show for the last several years.
His characters and one liners are my favorite parts of the show. (His "guy that laughs at everything" character had me in tears) When he was off last week I thought he was just goofing off and not coming to work again.
Had no idea that it was anything this serious! Hopefully he'll take the time off that he needs and gets better.
****On a selfish note, PLEASE don't bring Martling back! F Jackie

Stark

• Getbig V
Lol I love him in this interview - give it half way into it gets better :D

Lol I love it how he says at the end  - the soldiers over there in Afghanistan they think I know you.... Conan: You do know me, you ahve been on this show 50 - 60 times?
Artie: When have we been out together :D

Like put all the fake: We are friends - right upfront

saopl

• Getbig III
wtf..

there are so many "better" choices when it comes to attempting to kill yourself, why stab yourself?

douchebag.

affy

Another case of the sad clown

I expect Patton Oswald to off himself within the next decade also. You can only laugh at yourself so much until you hit a breaking point.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
wtf..

there are so many "better" choices when it comes to attempting to kill yourself, why stab yourself?

douchebag.

Heroin overdose seems obvious in his case.

spinnis

pretty innovative stabbing himself at least instead of taking the easy overdose way out lol

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
waaaaaaaaaaaah i stabbed myself 9 times waaaaaaaaaaah

saopl

• Getbig III
Another case of the sad clown

I expect Patton Oswald to off himself within the next decade also. You can only laugh at yourself so much until you hit a breaking point.

he's always had underlining fucked up problems too.

spinnis

I like artie, brutal Honesty comedy is great.

there are a Shirload of celebs out there just like artie, but hes the only honest one,

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
waaaaaaaaaaaah i stabbed myself 9 times waaaaaaaaaaah

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
Re: Comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 06:52:24 AM »

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 06:54:10 AM »

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 07:03:14 AM »
I've heard alot of people theorize that he's a closet gay as evidenced by his homophobia and that one hot girlfriend he had said he barely had sex with her?  You guys got any theories on this?  I'm not a regular listener but I've heard my share of Stern...  

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 07:04:34 AM »
I've heard alot of people theorize that he's a closet gay as evidenced by his homophobia and that one hot girlfriend he had said he barely had sex with her?  You guys got any theory on that?  I'm not a regular listener but I've heard my share of Stern...  

or maby he didn't want to have sex because he was depressed, drunk, fat, stuck on coke + 10 rec drugs..

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 07:06:35 AM »
I've heard alot of people theorize that he's a closet gay as evidenced by his homophobia and that one hot girlfriend he had said he barely had sex with her?  You guys got any theory on that?  I'm not a regular listener but I've heard my share of Stern...   

it's really just a theory

alot of people say that he is a "self hating homo" hence the use of the "f-word" in his act
then again he (more than likely) is just a typical New Jersey homophobe

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 07:08:33 AM »
it's really just a theory

alot of people say that he is a "self hating homo" hence the use of the "f-word" in his act
then again he (more than likely) is just a typical New Jersey homophobe

Yeah well it sure comes up alot with him. 

affy

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 07:09:52 AM »
here he is making the famous falcon face

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 07:10:17 AM »
Troubled comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, sources told The Post. Lange's frantic mom called 911 Saturday morning after she entered his Hoboken apartment and found the bloodied funnyman, a law-enforcement source said. Lange sustained six "hesitation wounds" and three deep plunges. A source close to Lange's management team confirmed that the Howard Stern sidekick stabbed himself, adding that his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food. Surgeons managed to save Lange despite heavy bleeding. "We all have our demons," Stern said on-air this week, referring to Lange's past battles with addiction. "Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/stern_sidekick_in_suicide_try_5m9Hwhn1OvpONlzbsiW3oJ?offset=8#comments#ixzz0bvw77sSy

This is really sad.
For me, Artie has been the bright spot of the show for the last several years.
His characters and one liners are my favorite parts of the show. (His "guy that laughs at everything" character had me in tears) When he was off last week I thought he was just goofing off and not coming to work again.
Had no idea that it was anything this serious! Hopefully he'll take the time off that he needs and gets better.
****On a selfish note, PLEASE don't bring Martling back! F Jackie

Needs to take time off to get better?

He has enough money.  He needs to quit the show permanently.  It's not working out for him healthwise.  I like Howard but he's too fn' difficult to work for.  Artie needs to get away while he can.

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 07:15:07 AM »
Needs to take time off to get better?

He has enough money.  He needs to quit the show permanently.  It's not working out for him healthwise.  I like Howard but he's too fn' difficult to work for.  Artie needs to get away while he can.

When did Jackie start posting on here? 

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 07:15:32 AM »
while i am a "jackie guy" and, while, artie is a bit "hacky", I still LOVE the guy on the show

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 11:30:34 AM »
 :D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 11:56:12 AM »

the guy is a derelict. period. i don't feel sorry for him.

if he wanted to end his life he could have done so easily. it isn't rocket science. there are multiple ways to go that ensure there is no coming back.

all this was was yet another cry for attention.

b

Charfman84

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 12:25:01 PM »

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 12:34:35 PM »
the guy is a derelict. period. i don't feel sorry for him.

if he wanted to end his life he could have done so easily. it isn't rocket science. there are multiple ways to go that ensure there is no coming back.

all this was was yet another cry for attention.

I like Artie but that's on the money.

If he REALLY wanted to kill himself he'd be a dead motherfukker right now

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 12:41:36 PM »
Please tell me this media tool doesn't have any kids.  I would hate for that DNA to be out on the loose.