Author Topic: beautifulpeople.com/  (Read 10224 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: beautifulpeople.com/
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 09:37:19 AM »
he looks like a handsomer version of "Charlie" from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

No he doesn't Charlie looks better than this loathsome looking twink.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »
No he doesn't Charlie looks better than this loathsome looking twink.

plus, the real charlie actually bangs the waitress in real life

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »
he looks like a handsomer version of "Charlie" from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
No he doesn't, he looks like Lady from "Lady and the Tramp". If these dudes could make it  in  then I surely could. If The Cookie Monster and Oscar The Grouch had a Three way with Smurfette, I would be the end result.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »
His nose is too wide, lips too big, skin not smooth enough eyes to far apart to be me ;D...I'd easily make that piece of shite site but then what?
Looks like you're doing a serious-face Theo Huxtable, there.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 09:48:26 AM »
i have just registered

i am an ugly cu nt

lets see how i get on  ???
T

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »
Looks like you're doing a serious-face Theo Huxtable, there.

What am I supposed to do smile like a cheesy, bushwick, negro or put a tough guy MMA scowl?  ;D
This is my default angry black man, the man is holdin' me back but I've had every opportunity in the world, have a college degree a good job a white wife and a decent life but still want to complain face ;D ;D ;D

Theo?  lol

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 09:52:56 AM »
What am I supposed to do smile like a cheesy, bushwick, negro or put a tough guy MMA scowl?  ;D

Theo?  lol
No, your face is suppose to reflect both. And by the way, I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts. The Gay Wiggles notices more men's glutes than his straight female friends do.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 10:00:16 AM »
Who the hell votes these people in? I mean not one of these people I would consider beautiful. I agree the site should be renamed
Watching The Haters

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
actuallly, it's not  :-\
The beauty of symmetry

Can your looks be measured by a mathematical ratio? Studies show that "beautiful" people actually are just "more proportional" people.

By Elizabeth Snead

Everyone knows the adage "Don't judge a book by its cover." But we can't help it; we do just that, day in and day out, consciously and subconsciously. We rate others on the basis of their appearance and compare our own looks with the enhanced images of beautiful women and handsome men in movies and magazines and on TV and billboards.

Beauty not only sells -- it pays off. Beautiful babies get more attention from parents and teachers. Good-looking guys get more dates than average ones. Pretty women get out of traffic tickets and into exclusive clubs. The list of pluses for being one of the "beautiful people" goes on and on.

So what makes a person attractive? Don't bother looking in the mirror; just get out a measuring tape. Widespread studies, such as those conducted by Randy Thornhill (University of New Mexico) and Karl Grammer (University of Vienna), confirm that beauty is simply balance: The more symmetrical a face, the more appealing it appears. The concept applies to bodies, too. Physical symmetry is subconsciously perceived as a reflection of a person's youth, fertility, health and strength. And although bilateral (left-right) symmetry might not be a bona fide health certificate these days, it has been a marker of good health and genes throughout human evolution.

"Our sensitivity to beauty is hard-wired -- that is, governed by circuits in the brain shaped by natural selection," says Nancy Etcoff, author of "Survival of the Prettiest: The Science of Beauty". "We love to look at smooth skin, shiny hair, curved waists and symmetrical bodies because, over the course of evolution, people who noticed these signals and desired their possessors had more reproductive success. We're their descendants."

Symmetry also is sexy. In a study by biology professor Thornhill and University of New Mexico psychology professor Steven Gangestad, hundreds of college-age women and men were measured (including their ears, feet, ankles, hands and elbows). Questionnaires revealed that men who were more symmetrical started having sex three to four years earlier and had more sex partners than their asymmetrical counterparts.

Symmetrical people smell better, too. Thornhill and Gangestad found that women prefer the scent of symmetrical men, and vice versa. So much for Old Spice and Chanel No. 5.

If you weren't born symmetrical, don't despair. Plastic surgeons are skilled at creating and restoring symmetry through popular procedures such as face-lifts, nasal refinements, eyelid lifts, collagen injections, liposuction, and cheek and breast implants. Once reserved for the wealthy, plastic surgery now is fairly common for middle-class folks seeking to gain confidence and improve their career and romance prospects (see psych article).

Stephen Marquardt, a retired California plastic surgeon who researches attractiveness, has moved from beauty's medical side to its mathematical side. He notes that a certain ratio has been found to recur in beautiful things both natural (flowers, pine cones, seashells) and man-made (the Parthenon, Mozart's music, da Vinci's paintings). This "golden ratio" is 1:1.618, with the number rounded to 1.618 known as "phi."

Using phi as his guide, Marquardt designed a mask that applies the golden ratio to the face. For example, the ideal ratio between the width of the nose and the width of the mouth is -- you guessed it -- 1:1.618. The closer a face fits the mask, he finds, the more attractive the face is perceived to be. "Even average-looking people fit the mask, just not as closely as really attractive people," he says. "A lot of this is biology. It's necessary for us to recognize our species. Humans are visually oriented, and the mask screams, 'Human!' "

Marquardt's Web site shows the mask on timeless beauties from Queen Nefertiti to Marilyn Monroe (it works on all ethnicities, with slight variations). There's also a mask for men -- a close fit on Pierce Brosnan, but not quite right on Tom Cruise. To see how well your face fits, go to beautyanalysis.com.

Not everyone seeking symmetry goes under the knife. Although makeup artists don't slap Marquardt's mask on their clients, they do emulate its template, making eyes appear larger, cheeks higher, noses narrower and lips fuller using the magic of light-reflective foundations, powders and lip glosses. (Sorry, guys: Women have a slight edge on achieving symmetry.) Anyone can create the illusion of a symmetrical face, says Hollywood makeup artist Jeanine Lobell, founder of Stila cosmetics. "Creating symmetry is all about using light, dark and reflection," says Lobell, whose clients include actresses Heather Graham, Liv Tyler, Michelle Pfeiffer, Kate Hudson and Mena Suvari.

When she began doing makeup for celebrity photo shoots eight years ago, Lobell created what she calls "essential points of light" on the face by mixing Vaseline with eye shadow and foundation. "Light can soften the face, give it dimension and make it look more moist," she says. "If you want to take 10 years off your age, try a foundation with shimmer or just put a light-reflective cream on your crow's-feet." (See box for more tips.)

Sure, when you look good, you feel better. But don't get carried away in search of symmetry. Nobody's perfect, and that's just fine, Lobell says. "When you look at a beautiful face, embrace the unique qualities, including the unevenness." Individuality -- now that's beautiful

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 12:37:05 PM »
Can someone thats a member on there post some shots of a 'beautiful person'?

you can browse without being a member

and to the poster who posted pics, why are you looking for dudes ??? redeem yourself by searchign for females only and SWEDEN will not regret it, hot bitches no doubt about it :D
tank u jesus

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 03:48:30 PM »
Gotta admit, when i heard about it i went and had a look. It said you had to be voted an 8 out of 10 to make the site. I saw some of the guys and thought if they were 8 out of 10 then i was a 15. But in reality i'm only a 10 so i think the site is crap  :D

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »
more actual members...

There are so many things wrong with that head

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »
His nose is too wide, lips too big, skin not smooth enough eyes to far apart to be me ;D...I'd easily make that piece of shite site but then what?

???
HAHA, RON.....

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »
???

Looks like he's having a seizure  :D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 10:08:13 PM »
Has Bobs or Sherief forwarded them a pic of Nasser ???

io856

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »
actuallly, it's not  :-\
The beauty of symmetry

Can your looks be measured by a mathematical ratio? Studies show that "beautiful" people actually are just "more proportional" people.

By Elizabeth Snead

Everyone knows the adage "Don't judge a book by its cover." But we can't help it; we do just that, day in and day out, consciously and subconsciously. We rate others on the basis of their appearance and compare our own looks with the enhanced images of beautiful women and handsome men in movies and magazines and on TV and billboards.

Beauty not only sells -- it pays off. Beautiful babies get more attention from parents and teachers. Good-looking guys get more dates than average ones. Pretty women get out of traffic tickets and into exclusive clubs. The list of pluses for being one of the "beautiful people" goes on and on.

So what makes a person attractive? Don't bother looking in the mirror; just get out a measuring tape. Widespread studies, such as those conducted by Randy Thornhill (University of New Mexico) and Karl Grammer (University of Vienna), confirm that beauty is simply balance: The more symmetrical a face, the more appealing it appears. The concept applies to bodies, too. Physical symmetry is subconsciously perceived as a reflection of a person's youth, fertility, health and strength. And although bilateral (left-right) symmetry might not be a bona fide health certificate these days, it has been a marker of good health and genes throughout human evolution.

"Our sensitivity to beauty is hard-wired -- that is, governed by circuits in the brain shaped by natural selection," says Nancy Etcoff, author of "Survival of the Prettiest: The Science of Beauty". "We love to look at smooth skin, shiny hair, curved waists and symmetrical bodies because, over the course of evolution, people who noticed these signals and desired their possessors had more reproductive success. We're their descendants."

Symmetry also is sexy. In a study by biology professor Thornhill and University of New Mexico psychology professor Steven Gangestad, hundreds of college-age women and men were measured (including their ears, feet, ankles, hands and elbows). Questionnaires revealed that men who were more symmetrical started having sex three to four years earlier and had more sex partners than their asymmetrical counterparts.

Symmetrical people smell better, too. Thornhill and Gangestad found that women prefer the scent of symmetrical men, and vice versa. So much for Old Spice and Chanel No. 5.

If you weren't born symmetrical, don't despair. Plastic surgeons are skilled at creating and restoring symmetry through popular procedures such as face-lifts, nasal refinements, eyelid lifts, collagen injections, liposuction, and cheek and breast implants. Once reserved for the wealthy, plastic surgery now is fairly common for middle-class folks seeking to gain confidence and improve their career and romance prospects (see psych article).

Stephen Marquardt, a retired California plastic surgeon who researches attractiveness, has moved from beauty's medical side to its mathematical side. He notes that a certain ratio has been found to recur in beautiful things both natural (flowers, pine cones, seashells) and man-made (the Parthenon, Mozart's music, da Vinci's paintings). This "golden ratio" is 1:1.618, with the number rounded to 1.618 known as "phi."

Using phi as his guide, Marquardt designed a mask that applies the golden ratio to the face. For example, the ideal ratio between the width of the nose and the width of the mouth is -- you guessed it -- 1:1.618. The closer a face fits the mask, he finds, the more attractive the face is perceived to be. "Even average-looking people fit the mask, just not as closely as really attractive people," he says. "A lot of this is biology. It's necessary for us to recognize our species. Humans are visually oriented, and the mask screams, 'Human!' "

Marquardt's Web site shows the mask on timeless beauties from Queen Nefertiti to Marilyn Monroe (it works on all ethnicities, with slight variations). There's also a mask for men -- a close fit on Pierce Brosnan, but not quite right on Tom Cruise. To see how well your face fits, go to beautyanalysis.com.

Not everyone seeking symmetry goes under the knife. Although makeup artists don't slap Marquardt's mask on their clients, they do emulate its template, making eyes appear larger, cheeks higher, noses narrower and lips fuller using the magic of light-reflective foundations, powders and lip glosses. (Sorry, guys: Women have a slight edge on achieving symmetry.) Anyone can create the illusion of a symmetrical face, says Hollywood makeup artist Jeanine Lobell, founder of Stila cosmetics. "Creating symmetry is all about using light, dark and reflection," says Lobell, whose clients include actresses Heather Graham, Liv Tyler, Michelle Pfeiffer, Kate Hudson and Mena Suvari.

When she began doing makeup for celebrity photo shoots eight years ago, Lobell created what she calls "essential points of light" on the face by mixing Vaseline with eye shadow and foundation. "Light can soften the face, give it dimension and make it look more moist," she says. "If you want to take 10 years off your age, try a foundation with shimmer or just put a light-reflective cream on your crow's-feet." (See box for more tips.)

Sure, when you look good, you feel better. But don't get carried away in search of symmetry. Nobody's perfect, and that's just fine, Lobell says. "When you look at a beautiful face, embrace the unique qualities, including the unevenness." Individuality -- now that's beautiful

thats just one white woman's opinion

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 01:47:42 AM »
It looks like this website needs to enforce some stricter controls on who they consider beautiful.

I haven't joined the site (yet) but are these people rated, like in hotornot.com?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 01:57:21 AM »
a picture doesnt say much about attractiveness too.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2010, 02:24:42 AM »
I believe I can do some serious damage with this pic.  :o

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2010, 02:35:37 AM »

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 02:36:33 AM »
 Killer resemblance right there!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2010, 02:38:24 AM »
I believe I can do some serious damage with this pic.  :o

no offense, but you might wanna rephrase that, you know the pic,  being from that region and all...catch my drift ;)

How about, "The chicas would serious be  checking me out with this pic" :D

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2010, 02:42:50 AM »
Damn, I should register, but then again I'm not beautiful enough :'(

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2010, 02:46:25 AM »
Damn, I should register, but then again I'm not beautiful enough :'(
You'd be kicked off...by those who are jealous. Remember that site is for those/who/have/weird/mirrors/that/make/them/look/like/beautiful/people.com 

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2010, 02:49:57 AM »
I didn't see that coming  ;D

Sometimes we use it for entertainment "do you want me to blow you" and she goes "yeah sure".. "I'm sorry but i didn't pack any bombs with me tonight". Most of the time she's too thick to get it though.