Author Topic: CrossFit - Nadia Shatila's 100 Pull-ups in 2:53  (Read 74254 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: More Crossfit Nonsense
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2013, 10:46:23 AM »
Details?
Well I have a ton of foundation rocks that need to be moved to another location.  5 lb rocks all the way up to 1000 lbs or more.  I have a downed Pecan limb the size of a regular tree that needs to be cut and moved.  I could provide a handsaw to cut it in moveable pieces.  That will be more difficult than any WSM workout or CROSSFIT could even dream of.  Thats not even the tip of the iceberg.  I have about a million things that could be used for Slave Camp.  I think people would pay me for this, setting it up like workouts. Why not?  At least they will be doing something useful for a change.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2013, 10:47:17 AM »
have to do this in the Gym...hell maybe idiots will pay for it... ;D tell them itīs combat training...

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2013, 10:48:18 AM »
Krankenstein is perhaps the most level headed, smartest, non-douchey crossfitter I know. He is like a crossfitter that hates his other peers. A great man and I will name my first born after him someday.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2013, 10:52:37 AM »
Krankenstein is perhaps the most level headed, smartest, non-douchey crossfitter I know. He is like a crossfitter that hates his other peers. A great man and I will name my first born after him someday.
yes we are not taking the piss out him but you canīt tell me that is like a strict chin

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
100 pullups in under 3 minutes.  ::)

LOL!!!  WTF was that? 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2013, 10:56:56 AM »
Well I have a ton of foundation rocks that need to be moved to another location.  5 lb rocks all the way up to 1000 lbs or more.  I have a downed Pecan limb the size of a regular tree that needs to be cut and moved.  I could provide a handsaw to cut it in moveable pieces.  That will be more difficult than any WSM workout or CROSSFIT could even dream of.  Thats not even the tip of the iceberg.  I have about a million things that could be used for Slave Camp.  I think people would pay me for this, setting it up like workouts. Why not?  At least they will be doing something useful for a change.
Hmmm, possibilities....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2013, 10:58:25 AM »

Instead of GoRuck Challenge - you should start the TA Challenge and just get people to do shit for you for free

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2013, 11:00:32 AM »
i keep laughing my balls off at everyone wailing about how "that won't train your lats". no shit, sherlocks, it won't any more than doing push jerks will train your shoulders, it's like watching pyrros dimas clean and jerk and going "wahhh he should do a strict military press, that won't develop his delts!!" ::)

i don't follow mainsite and i readily accept that most of what HQ does is retarded, but it bugs the crap out of me that hating on crossfit and being completely ignorant about it has somehow become trendy. meanwhile the people mocking CFers would fall apart if they attempted to do what they're poo-pooing at. it's like watching a board of joggers making fun of savickas doing farmer's walks because "that won't burn any fat!" ::)

as for saying that strongmen and powerlifters are humble and CFers aren't, bullshit man. you're taking the handful of overzealous douchenozzles and making a statement about everyone. i'm a crossfitter, do you know when in my life you'll ever hear me talking about it? when someone asks, or when i see something like this where people start talking out of their asses about it. the others are no different than the arrogant fuckwaffle bodybuilders who call anyone over 12% bodyfat "obese" or the lifters who snort at anyone doing an aerobic exercise and wear shirts like "IF THE BAR AIN'T BENDIN' YOU'RE JUST PRETENDIN'."

sorry for the tirade. this shit just drives me up a wall.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2013, 11:03:40 AM »
Instead of GoRuck Challenge - you should start the TA Challenge and just get people to do shit for you for free
;)
Thats the idea.  And they pay me.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »
i keep laughing my balls off at everyone wailing about how "that won't train your lats". no shit, sherlocks, it won't any more than doing push jerks will train your shoulders, it's like watching pyrros dimas clean and jerk and going "wahhh he should do a strict military press, that won't develop his delts!!" ::)

i don't follow mainsite and i readily accept that most of what HQ does is retarded, but it bugs the crap out of me that hating on crossfit and being completely ignorant about it has somehow become trendy. meanwhile the people mocking CFers would fall apart if they attempted to do what they're poo-pooing at. it's like watching a board of joggers making fun of savickas doing farmer's walks because "that won't burn any fat!" ::)

as for saying that strongmen and powerlifters are humble and CFers aren't, bullshit man. you're taking the handful of overzealous douchenozzles and making a statement about everyone. i'm a crossfitter, do you know when in my life you'll ever hear me talking about it? when someone asks, or when i see something like this where people start talking out of their asses about it. the others are no different than the arrogant fuckwaffle bodybuilders who call anyone over 12% bodyfat "obese" or the lifters who snort at anyone doing an aerobic exercise and wear shirts like "IF THE BAR AIN'T BENDIN' YOU'RE JUST PRETENDIN'."

sorry for the tirade. this shit just drives me up a wall.
I think Crossfitters would fall apart if they attempted my Slave Labor Camp.  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »
;)
Thats the idea.  And they pay me.

Just give them a medal and a t shirt and they wil do anything!  Trust me i know  ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »
yes we are not taking the piss out him but you canīt tell me that is like a strict chin

it's not SUPPOSED to be. like, no one says that they are. and the ironic thing is that in order to be any good at kipping pullups you have to be REALLY good at strict ones. the majority of CF pullup training is strict, with butterfly kips worked in for the express purpose of speed WODs like fran or angie.

i'm not even kidding, if you think it's such a cheap cheat, do it. try it for yourself. knock out a couple dozen kipping pullups as fast as you can and tell me how easy it was. not slow, mind. go for speed. do what that girl did. if it's such bullshit, it shouldn't even be hard, so it's not like it'll mess up your training. and get it on video.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
it's not SUPPOSED to be. like, no one says that they are. and the ironic thing is that in order to be any good at kipping pullups you have to be REALLY good at strict ones. the majority of CF pullup training is strict, with butterfly kips worked in for the express purpose of speed WODs like fran or angie.

i'm not even kidding, if you think it's such a cheap cheat, do it. try it for yourself. knock out a couple dozen kipping pullups as fast as you can and tell me how easy it was. not slow, mind. go for speed. do what that girl did. if it's such bullshit, it shouldn't even be hard, so it's not like it'll mess up your training. and get it on video.
but what are you training and why ?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »
Just give them a medal and a t shirt and they wil do anything!  Trust me i know  ;D
ROFLMAO yes.  I could get some Slave Tags printed up or something and once they complete certain tasks, they can have more "freedoms".  Maybe they can have a cooked meal or some Strawberries or something.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »
ROFLMAO yes.  I could get some Slave Tags printed up or something and once they complete certain tasks, they can have more "freedoms".  Maybe they can have a cooked meal or some Strawberries or something.

Like I said - trust me i know and probavbly would sign up myself .   ;D  ;D  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2013, 11:11:23 AM »

Come on Zach, you can`t tell me the men women in this video, who are doing kipping pullups, are any good at real pullups.  Only one of them can do a pullup and she isn`t kipping.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 11:12:42 AM »
"WODs" ::)

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 11:14:47 AM »
100 pullups in under 3 minutes.  ::)

How the hell are these considered "pull ups?" 20 in and she couldn't even get her chin up past the bar anymore. Better to do 20 correctly rather than 100 incorrectly! Stupid

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2013, 11:16:05 AM »
Like I said - trust me i know and probavbly would sign up myself .   ;D  ;D  ;D
Well goddamn, I really might consider this. haha

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2013, 11:16:36 AM »
How the hell are these considered "pull ups?" 20 in and she couldn't even get her chin up past the bar anymore. Better to do 20 correctly rather than 100 incorrectly! Stupid
She is working out her ability to work out.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2013, 11:17:18 AM »

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2013, 11:24:27 AM »
Come on Zach, you can`t tell me the men women in this video, who are doing kipping pullups, are any good at real pullups.  Only one of them can do a pullup and she isn`t kipping.

again, you can't just cherry pick the worst videos and say "this is why crossfitters are stupid". it's like using that pushup video where the dude goes down three inches and saying "this is why bodyweight exercising is dumb" or some teenager loading 585 on the bar and doing a three inch squat and saying "this is why bodybuilders are dumb ego lifters".

crossfit's issue isn't ideology or design. it's that it's the new and fashionable exercise method so you've got six million "boxes" across the country where people who don't know what they're doing act like experts and "train" others to be just as stupid as they are. here's rich froning, the guy who won the games in 2012:

you gonna tell me he can't bang out pullups all day long?

if you actually dig in with CF training, like the actual programs designed by people who know WTF they're doing, the amount of strict pullups they advocate is like 10x the kipping they do, because you can't get any good at kipping without a foundation. similarly, most overhead pressing is done standing and strict, because that means you have a strong base to build off of when you do WODs that have push presses or jerks in them.

in FACT, a shitload of WODs have "chest to bar" pullups. you can kip those if you want, but the point is that you literally have to get your chest all the way up to the bar. you're talking about chin clearing the bar, when was the last time you actually got your CHEST to the bar doing them?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2013, 11:29:54 AM »
well each to his own...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »