Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Odds as of July 18  (Read 14667 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Odds as of July 18
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2017, 11:53:20 AM »
horrid punching form,  almost as bad as that polish blockhead pudz  :-X

That's why Conor will be making over $100 million on 8/26

and you will still be borrowing your parents car and sleeping in your childhood bedroom

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
guy is fucking wide open...he would get annihilated by any half decent boxer.

He's also participating in an MMA match...

Simple Simon

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2017, 12:22:48 PM »
He's also participating in an MMA match...

with guys who cant box... yes Im aware of that, its actually my point.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2017, 01:59:19 PM »
with guys who cant box... yes Im aware of that, its actually my point.

Neither is boxing...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »
all it takes is one punch from conor

and mayweather just in time for the fight developing a glass jaw

and the match being fixed.

THAT IS ALL THAT IT WOULD TAKE DAMMIT

Yeah one punch just like the 49 other pros boxers that tried to fight him and knock him out.  Conor is not even going to land a decent punch the whole entire fight and it's not out of the question that Floyd will win by KO.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2017, 02:16:32 PM »
CONOR BY KO

believe you me !

within 4 rounds!

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2017, 02:28:44 PM »
lol all those comments.. Conor didn't went 12 rounds with Paul Malignaggi and outboxed paul..

You'll be sucking my balls after the fight.  8)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »
CONOR BY KO

believe you me !

within 4 rounds!

ANother bodybuilder who thinks he knows about fighting!!! Funny how all the fighters I speak to at London shootfighters, be they boxers, mma, muay thai, whatever pick FLoyd easily. But bodybuilders all pick Conor!

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2017, 10:13:16 AM »
lol all those comments.. Conor didn't went 12 rounds with Paul Malignaggi and outboxed paul..

You'll be sucking my balls after the fight.  8)

Eh? Were you there? Cos no one know what actually happened just rumours. Go back to thinking youre a badass cos you have tribal tattoos and big biceps/

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »
Eh? Were you there? Cos no one know what actually happened just rumours. Go back to thinking youre a badass cos you have tribal tattoos and big biceps/

hahaha you're funny.. but I'm don't have big biceps or tattoos.. however I'm a former boxer, Floyd can outbox Conor any day of the week.. but Conor has a gameplan and will clown around so that Floyd will open himself.. that will be the surprise, will be that enough? who knows, Conor ain't bad as a boxer.. He knows distance, has power and very fast counter/reaction.

Malignaggi already admitted that Conor got the better off him.. straight from the horses mouth..

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »
hahaha you're funny.. but I'm don't have big biceps or tattoos.. however I'm a former boxer, Floyd can outbox Conor any day of the week.. but Conor has a gameplan and will clown around so that Floyd will open himself.. that will be the surprise, will be that enough? who knows, Conor ain't bad as a boxer.. He knows distance, has power and very fast counter/reaction.

Malignaggi already admitted that Conor got the better off him.. straight from the horses mouth..

Everybody has a game plan till they get punched in the face.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2017, 10:51:50 AM »
Everybody has a game plan till they get punched in the face.

that's usually goes to a judoka/wrestler/Bjj'er

a experienced boxer like Conor is used to getting punched, the hate Conor has from 'Muricans is astounding..

Remember JOSE ALDO WAS P4P #1 and Conor KO'ed him in 13second!!!! NOBODY, even me thought that would happen!!

trust me he will surprise a lot of people!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2017, 11:05:42 AM »

did you box in ametur or pro fights or both?

which weight class were you in?

and how much weight did you cut 24 hours prior to your weigh in?

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2017, 02:26:42 PM »
http://deadspin.com/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-is-the-second-bigge-1797272009

Great read, even if you couldn't care less about the fight.

Here’s what I see.

Sparring: McGregor walks directly into punches. He keeps his hands too low, and is forced to constantly make adjustments to block and throw punches. These adjustments are done too slowly, with no sense of anticipation as to either where the incoming punch will land or where his own punch should go. In coming forward, he often presents himself as a square target, and he doesn’t move his head. He loops slow punches from the outside, leaving himself entirely vulnerable to counter shots. His footwork is poor, alternating between a too wide stance that simultaneously makes him unable to punch and susceptible to being knocked off balance, and an overcompensating tendency to place his feet nearly together, a mistake that will produce the same sorry results as the overly wide stance. By pro boxing standards, he has no power at all. When moving around the ring, he often crosses one foot in front of the other, a recipe for being embarrassed by any boxer better than a novice pro with a losing record.

Grade: F

Boxing training: I’ve watched some of McGregor’s bag and drill work, and find it difficult to know whether he’s serious about some of what he does. There’s a highly performative element to much of what I saw. That’s not necessarily a bad thing; it clearly establishes McGregor’s general fitness, athleticism, and natural coordination. The question is whether the aspects of his training that are most impressive—yoga-like stretching and acts of balance, deft pivots, strenuous calisthenics—can be usefully applied when he’s in a boxing ring. He hits the bags and jumps rope about the same as everyone else who is serious about those things. His mitt work is pretty bad.

Grade: Incomplete

Out of the gym, on the mic, etc.: Here’s where Conor McGregor earns his share of the purse. Although Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is a veteran self-promoter whose work behind a microphone must, by virtue of what it’s earned him, be considered successful, he is not a gifted talker. He comes across as either querulous and petty or solicitous. He is a man without charm, a smaller-than-life figure. He was catapulted into superstardom on the backs of two opponents—Ricky Hatton and Oscar De La Hoya—who were the A sides of the promotions at the time they lost to Floyd. The minor accomplishment of beating them (Pacquiao, to compare, effortlessly annihilated both) served as the catalyst for Mayweather’s TBE mantra.

Conor McGregor, his costly custom (but too small) suits and designer eyewear serving to call attention to his gargoyle head with its jutting chin and outlandish red beard, draws the eye in a public venue in a way that Mayweather does not. He is at once both compactly efficient and ridiculously oafish—someone who boxing people would tell you was born to be knocked out were he to make the mistake of genuinely seeing himself as a prizefighter. He is graceful in a way, but also—again, by boxing standards—parceled out in his movements. They are too precise, too fussy, and too brittle when not engaged in fight-related activities. Even if his body is capable of doing things that great boxers’ bodies might not be able to, it doesn’t move with the ease that theirs do.

He is at once both compactly efficient and ridiculously oafish—someone who boxing people would tell you was born to be knocked out.
McGregor can talk. He falls short of being loquacious, but he has the prized Dublin gift of gab. On the mic, he has energy, humor, and a pugnaciousness that people will either be drawn to or put off by, responses that are equally bankable. Although much of what he says stays close to predetermined Poor Boy Makes Good narrative (“Like many folks in Ireland, my family didn’t have much. My parents struggled to pay the mortgage. They’ll be struggling no more.”), he listens closely to questions posed by interviewers and he can improvise. When asked by Conan O’Brian what he thought of José Aldo backing out of their fight by claiming a rib injury, McGregor deadpanned, “Really I cannot hold any grudge towards him, because I would not want to face me either.” He paused, then added, “He has been medically cleared to fight. Doctors have looked at him, examined him. He went and saw a gynecologist.”

From an impromptu interview when someone on the street thrust a mic in his face: “I’m the boxing guy. Watch me take over boxin’. Trust me on that. No one in this boxing game knows what’s comin’. Trust me on that. When I step into that ring, I’m gonna show the whole goddamn world. Trust me on that. Look me in the eyes! Twenty-eight years of age. Confident as a guy … I’m gonna stop Floyd … the whole world is gonna eat their words.”

He’s got certain rhythms down pat. The “Trust me on that” riff is exquisitely timed, a preacher bringing the flock into his confidence. A con man is a confidence man. Back me, trust me; I won’t let you down.

Grade: A

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2017, 03:25:41 PM »
did you box in ametur or pro fights or both?

which weight class were you in?

and how much weight did you cut 24 hours prior to your weigh in?

I competed  amateur at 54-57kg.. went to hiatus, came back and competed at 67kg.. Not much weight to cut since we amateurs were/are constantly competing. retired since long time now..

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2017, 03:41:36 PM »
A Theory:

Whether it goes 1 or 12 rounds, Mayweather takes it easily, then both agree to a rematch under MMA rules. 

That's when the really stupid money rolls in.  Right now the estimate for FM's earnings from this match is $400M.  I think he'd risk a drubbing in the octagon for $400M+.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2017, 12:02:17 AM »
I competed  amateur at 54-57kg.. went to hiatus, came back and competed at 67kg.. Not much weight to cut since we amateurs were/are constantly competing. retired since long time now..

thanks for the feedback Bro

ametures have  a same day weigh in so the most you could cut without it fucking up performance would be 2 kg or so