Author Topic: massive overtraining  (Read 9898 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: massive overtraining
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
ive always had good delts, probably my german genetics, best exerices for me have always been dumbell laterals, upright rows, and presses. presses not so much  for width but for thickness.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 07:24:38 AM »
 Lower volume and more intensity is the way to go. Definatly agree with you Thombz. Sometimes you have to fight the urge from adding more sets. Once the intensity is high enough doing anymore will be very unappealing haha. I'm currently getting ready for my second pro show and following my four day routine without any added volume. With the adding posing,cardio,and few calories why would I on top fo that add sets.

Tuesday Chest,tris   
Wed      Back,calves and posing
Thurs.   Ab's and cardio
Fri.       Shoulders,bis, and cardio
Sat.      Legs and Posing
Sunday  Cardio
Monday Off

Chest/Tues                           
Incline Dumbell 10-8-8   
Flat dumbell     2x8
Dip's               2x8
Incline Flye's    2x8
 Tri's
Seated E-z bar ext 10-8
Lying dumbell ext    2x8-10

Back/Wed
Barbell deadlifts 10-8-8
Weighted pull ups 10-8-6
One arm dumbell rows 2x8
Dumbell pullover's   2x8
 Calve's
Seated calve raises 2x10
Standing calve raises 2x10
    Posing
Entire prejudging routine twice

Ab's,cardio/Thurs
Hanging leg raises 2x25
Decline crunches weighted 2x25
Bar twists       2x25
 Bike
Bike twenty minutes

Friday Shoulders,bis,cardio
Seated dumbell presses 10-8-6
Standing side raise's       2x10
Standing rear raise's       2x10
  Bi's
Standing dumbell curl's    2x6-8
E-z bar preacher curl's    1x6-8
Hammer wrist curl's         1x10
  Cardio
Brisk walking ten minutes

Leg's,posing
Front barbell squat's 10-8-6
Walking dumbell lunge's 2x8
Stiff barbell deads  8-8-6
Dumbell step up's   2x10
 Posing
Entire prejudging two times
Free posing two times 

Cardio/Sun
Incline treadmill twenty minutes

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 03:40:15 PM »
cool. i pose everyday. i dont count that as a workout, though i probably should.

your a pro ? ifbb ?

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 06:45:21 AM »
Nah bro Wnbf. Dude I definatly count it. Who needs isolation movements with hard posing haha I dont require alot of cardio to get in shape. I stay strict with the diet year round. Do you compete man?

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
I think most people off of drugs gain best training 3-4 days a week and splitting their body into upper/lower, fullbody, or movements like day one: deadlifts and asst movements, day 2: Bench press and asst movements, day 3: Squat and asst movements.

Split training, working each bodypart once per week training one body part/day usually only works for drug users.

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 04:33:15 AM »
ive always had good delts, probably my german genetics, best exerices for me have always been dumbell laterals, upright rows, and presses. presses not so much  for width but for thickness.

when u do ur laterals do you do them Dorian Yates style e.g. strict arms come down to the sides, palms always faced down or do you do them less strict e.g. lifting the palms up, more weight but less isolation on the lateral head?

I never got upright rows, Always felt like a retarded exercise and felt it in my biceps more than anything lol.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 02:45:00 AM »
throw up some pics gents.  I wish some show would take same size guys and one do hit one do volume for 3 months and see who looks best at end..

epicmass

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 04:05:34 AM »
To summarise my earlier advices. Natural = HIT. AAS user = either HIT or something between HIT and volume if the person really must spend longer than necessary in the gym.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 12:16:14 AM »
I doubt you're overtraining
I've been doing a high frequency routine for the past 3 months, lifting a max in the squat, push press and deadlift every day
I do not feel overtrained, I am not tired or fatigued, I am not sore either. In fact I feel very refreshed and energised and if I take an off day I am always itching to lift.

Everyone has an intuitive idea of what "recovery" means and how "hard work" relates to that, so I understand why people are skeptical -- I know I was when I first really considered the idea -- but in truth, I've always found the intuitive notions to be...well, not so intuitive. If you think about it (and I mean really think about it, without the lifetime of dogma interfering), there's really nothing outrageous about training hard once or even twice a day, every day. The "you can't do that!" response is more a matter of perspective and tradition than any real biological reason.

Daily training isn't a year-round thing for me as I have no reason to do it without end, but it remains a tool in my kit -- and more importantly, even when I'm not lifting daily, I still find that my mentality is no longer centered on the question "what can't I do?", which in my ever so humble opinion is far more important than the program or method you choose.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 06:58:51 PM »
It doesn't sound like you're overtraining. Maybe lifting heavy for more then 4-6 weeks at a time which will fry you. Slow negatives is one thing. I'd mix some quick positives in there. Your fast twitch fibers responsible for size can be activated through fast reps, or heavy weight. Problem is you can't lift heavy for too long or you'll stagnate quickly. Weight must be cycled. That is the reason why Mentzer's Heavy Duty failed (I actually consulted with Mike before he died and can write volumes about why his program was based more on economics and not science). Always going heavy. Guys would do well for a couple of months then go to crap on next to no volume, and in some cases only working out once a week, 2 exercises.

I use a modified Westside training program with less volume and intensity. It's what the top highschool and college guys in various sports use to try to go pro. It's what the pros use, and it is what the best powerlifters use. Why? It works. When there is big money on the line people use what works to get bigger faster, stronger. Results.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
guys lately im starting to think we all overtrain the fuck out of ourselves. ive been feeling extremely lethargic and remaining sore for quite some time after my workouts, despite being on gear and eating high protien/high calories and only training every other day with very little volume, not going to failue.   but the thing is im making better progress than normal. my muscles are responding very nicely to the extra rest. in the past 2 weeks i think ive worked out 4 times.  albeit, my form is much better than it ever has been, going extremely slow on the negative portion of all my lifts, keeping form extremely tight, no momentum or ancillary muscles coming into play during the concentric phase but going hard and strong.

i think , at leats personally, less is more, so long as what is done is done correctly.

anyone else feel this way

I have found that this is absolutely true....used to work out hard daily...was fatigued all the time, was having erection problems here and there, felt strong as fuck, but had no stamina at all.....and slept a lot...hardly ever any morning wood..

started running more and now work out with weights only about four times a month....now I feel good, better stamina, nice erections....also eat lots more fruit and veggies..not as big as before but feel so much better and healthier..morning wood all the time now