Author Topic: Navy SEAL vs. Strongman in streetfight  (Read 15560 times)

4thAD

Re: Navy SEAL vs. Strongman in streetfight
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 07:29:45 PM »
I was in San Diego this weekend for spring break, we went to some club and things got a little crazy one of my friends he plays D1 defensive end 6'4" 265 started hitting on some girl. My friend is a nice guy and if he knew she was with someone he wouldn't chase it so her boyfriend gets up acting like a jack ass and starts yelling navy seal and other bull shit and hes with about 3 more dudes. My friend just starts to walk away ignoring him. The navy seal hits him in the back of the head my friend turns around head butts him and drops him cold. Two of his friends jump him but he throws one off him about 20 feet and puts the other in a headlock and starts to beat his face in. So in regards to your question maybe

Way to lift my avatar man!

4thAD

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 07:37:27 PM »
I was in San Diego this weekend for spring break, we went to some club and things got a little crazy one of my friends he plays D1 defensive end 6'4" 265 started hitting on some girl. My friend is a nice guy and if he knew she was with someone he wouldn't chase it so her boyfriend gets up acting like a jack ass and starts yelling navy seal and other bull shit and hes with about 3 more dudes. My friend just starts to walk away ignoring him. The navy seal hits him in the back of the head my friend turns around head butts him and drops him cold. Two of his friends jump him but he throws one off him about 20 feet and puts the other in a headlock and starts to beat his face in. So in regards to your question maybe

I dont beleive this for one second. Seals dont go around fighting in bars, Claiming to be seals. Seals are highly trained, and disciplined. This thread is gay.

Also didn't you just PM me for an addy on the avatar?

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »
Yeah special forces FIGHTING ability is super hyped by people who don't know any better.

The instructors are highly experienced sensais and hand to hand instructors and they get, at most, a few weeks with em.

Now tell me, if you guys sat in a karate dojo or judo dojo for 6 months would you be indestructable? 

I think not.

The strongman would most likely crush the seal by a longshot.

finally a voice of reason...Kids on here watch to many movies...

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 07:55:49 PM »
Well, let's put it like this:

6'6, 350lb+ "Strongman" vs. maybe 5'7-10" SEAL. Who'd win? Obviously a lot of factors go into play, but its supreme size vs. supreme endurance, and most seals would put a nfl running back to shame. Just a one on one hand to hand combat... I pick the seal

I pick the special forces soldier. The muscle man would just put up his dukes and have no idea he is about to get his windpipe ripped out or eyes popped out before he could even react.
The House that Ruth built

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 08:03:31 PM »
Seal would get ripped in half like a piece of tissue paper.....

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 08:04:10 PM »
I pick the special forces soldier. The muscle man would just put up his dukes and have no idea he is about to get his windpipe ripped out or eyes popped out before he could even react.

Yeah right... like I said everyone severely overestimates a specwar soldiers fighting ability.

Throw a strong man and a seal into a barroom brawl and the seal would prob be knocked out in no time.  Specwar training is all around combat meaning guns, demo, h2h, knives, rappelling, jumping, rescue, stealth.. but put em up in a physical contest against someone used to throwing around 3 or 4 times thier weight and is used to pain and the seal would be in for a big surprise.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 08:14:09 PM »
Oh dear you nerd this is the gayest thread since I last began one.

Totally depends on what training they had, plus so many other factors.

Fuck off nerd

ta ta

your um... weird. And im 19 and worth more than u will ever be. freak. hope this helps:)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
Did anyone else see Randy COuture Submit the Navy Seal 6 times in 5 minutes on "Pros vs Joes".

The Announcers were going on before hand about what a badass the guy was and how he has endured extensive hand to hand combat training as a seal, and would be a real challenge for Couture.

Randy Couture is about as far from the average strongman in fighting ability as it gets.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 08:15:12 PM »
waste of bandwidth, I pick the seal as if theres a contest anyway.. the Seal is trained for war -v- strongman trained to pick up boulders and squat.

yea.. there arent multiple opinions/debates going on here...  ::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 08:17:05 PM »
Yeah right... like I said everyone severely overestimates a specwar soldiers fighting ability.

Throw a strong man and a seal into a barroom brawl and the seal would prob be knocked out in no time.  Specwar training is all around combat meaning guns, demo, h2h, knives, rappelling, jumping, rescue, stealth.. but put em up in a physical contest against someone used to throwing around 3 or 4 times thier weight and is used to pain and the seal would be in for a big surprise.

And the strongman has exactly zero fighting skills? How does lifting weights equate into an ability to fight?

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 08:19:11 PM »
And the strongman has exactly zero fighting skills? How does lifting weights equate into an ability to fight?
watch out.. this guys a bulldog and he MEANS BUSINESS

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 08:33:08 PM »
watch out.. this guys a bulldog and he MEANS BUSINESS

I don't know how anybody thinks just because a guy is big that it will compensate for having zero skills compared to a person who is trained for the worst situations possible.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »
Simply because an overly powerful guy can very easily make up for fighting ability.  Being able to overpower an opponent either by striking him harder, grabbing and controlling him, or manipulation of limbs isn't something that has to be "trained" and can devastate another human faster than a lot of skills can make up for.

Don't get me wrong, seals are tough.. but they're not these great fighters like you see in the movies.  H2H is a very small part in thier training.  You're over estimating what they bring to the table as a far as a fight goes. 

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 09:11:21 PM »
stupid discussion....

if its a FIGHT probably the Strongman.. BUT if all bets are off and its to the death (and the seal is ALLOWED to kill him) the seal wins no brainer, all he needs is ONE shot to the right spot

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2007, 09:23:25 PM »
Simply because an overly powerful guy can very easily make up for fighting ability.  Being able to overpower an opponent either by striking him harder, grabbing and controlling him, or manipulation of limbs isn't something that has to be "trained" and can devastate another human faster than a lot of skills can make up for.

Thats why Royce Gracie routinely beat men who were double his size and strength.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2007, 09:28:25 PM »
Thats why Royce Gracie routinely beat men who were double his size and strength.

That's sport fighting with rules... not street fighting.  Grapplers can go much farther in the "sport" of fighting.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »
You all give the Navy Seals too much credit.

We would have won the Iraq war by now it they were all that.
The Somali's wouldn't have had them run with their tail between their legs,
And Castro wouldn't still be ruling Cuba.

Most are all show no go!

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2007, 09:31:45 PM »
stupid discussion....

if its a FIGHT probably the Strongman.. BUT if all bets are off and its to the death (and the seal is ALLOWED to kill him) the seal wins no brainer, all he needs is ONE shot to the right spot

Their are 5th degree and up black belt karate guys that have gotten their asses handed to them in the ring(MMA) against just decent wrestlers with some good ground and pound...Their isn't no seal out there that have the skills of these karate guy...That being said these Karate guys have the knowledge of the so called death punch ect and none them can pull such a thing off...And I would bet the house that some seal with minimal fighting ability is going to have an effective "death shot"...Not saying its impossible but in a legitimate fight, its the closest thing to impossible..

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2007, 10:00:31 PM »
I dont beleive this for one second. Seals dont go around fighting in bars, Claiming to be seals. Seals are highly trained, and disciplined. This thread is gay.

Also didn't you just PM me for an addy on the avatar?
suck it bitch i was there

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007, 10:05:05 PM »
Seals do go out and have a beer and these dudes looked pretty drunk

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »
After seeing the seal perform against Couture on Pro vs Joes I think a strong man such as Pudz would have still lost but faired much better.
shotgun on the team

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2007, 10:42:59 PM »
not very easy...

you have watched to much ninja films and krav maga bullshit is my guess...

are you fucking kidding me man? they (maybe not the eyes) are some of the most unprotected places of an aggressor

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2007, 11:45:51 PM »
a UFC fighter could beat a strongman - a navy seal is nowhere near a UFC fighter - the Strongman would win - it's like a gorilla VS a human - no fucking contest!

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2007, 01:06:48 AM »
A professional killer vs a powerlifter?

Are we seriously debating this?

a killer with weapons, the latest and greatest technology available and sneaking up on people.

seals are trained with basic hand to hand combat against other soldiers.

those soldiers dont weigh 350 and flip 900 lbs. tractor tires. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2007, 01:08:18 AM »
stupid discussion....

likewise for the strongman.

seals are the only ones who are allowed and know to go after the throat, eyes, etc.

::)
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)