Author Topic: IT'S OFFICIAL!! Randy "Macho Man" Savage is going to The WWE HALL OF FAME  (Read 60898 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
They announced on RAW tonight and on TMZ earlier today!!

And HOGAN is inducting him.

I can't wait to see what the Genius has to say about this. He stated that he couldn't stop McMahon from inducting Savage without Genius and their dad, Angelo Poffo (as Savage reportedly wished). But, he will not be there whatsoever.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
I confess. I was a big Macho Man mark back in the day. Easily one of the greatest pro wrestlers of all time.

ritch

• Getbig V
Thought for sure he was already there...
?

MusselFreek

• Getbig III
  • Go Beserk!
Greatest Heel😂😂 he's so awesome!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
very happy for his memory......

but makes me sad/upset at the same time...

WTF happened to wrestling...???? seriously... look at the fcken product today???? WTF??

a 5yr old could put out a better product today

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Macho Man is a legend. One of my favorites of all time

THE LORD AND MASTER
$

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
very happy for his memory......

but makes me sad/upset at the same time...

WTF happened to wrestling...???? seriously... look at the fcken product today???? WTF??

a 5yr old could put out a better product today

You think Genius will be at the HOF ceremony? What about Savage's wife?

Edit - He might be there after all. According to Fox News, Genius dropped the idea that WWE should induct him and their father, along with Savage, for the sake of the fans. And it was his idea to have Hogan induct Savage.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/01/13/macho-man-savage-brother-on-hall-fame-induction-randy-loved-fans/

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Its about time Savage gets inducted. That one is about a decade overdue.

Dave D

• Getbig V
You think Genius will be at the HOF ceremony? What about Savage's wife?

Edit - He might be there after all. According to Fox News, Genius dropped the idea that WWE should induct him and their father, along with Savage, for the sake of the fans. And it was his idea to have Hogan induct Savage.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/01/13/macho-man-savage-brother-on-hall-fame-induction-randy-loved-fans/

I wonder why the sudden change of heart? Lanny seemed dead set on a family induction, I don't think he cares about enshrinement for himself, but I suspect both boys cared about their fathers legacy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: IT'S OFFICIAL!! Randy "Macho Man" Savage is going to The WWE HALL OF FAME
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 08:57:21 PM »
I wonder why the sudden change of heart? Lanny seemed dead set on a family induction, I don't think he cares about enshrinement for himself, but I suspect both boys cared about their fathers legacy.

He said he was honoring his brother's wishes and that he wouldn't be there if WWE did it with just Savage.

The Fox News link I posted earlier has a YouTube attachment, an interview with Genius explaining why he changed his mind.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 09:22:21 PM »
Although Savage and Hogan were linked career wise, I'd rather see someone like Steamboat induct Savage than Hogan.  To be inducted by Hogan, someone Savage disliked, seems a bit inappropriate in a way.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 05:34:39 AM »
Don't like Hogan doing the honors.
Hogan just doesn't care and it's all about him..
Hogan thinks and wishes it was still the 80's / 90's

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 03:07:36 PM »
Although Savage and Hogan were linked career wise, I'd rather see someone like Steamboat induct Savage than Hogan.  To be inducted by Hogan, someone Savage disliked, seems a bit inappropriate in a way.

I always thought it would be Steamers doing the honors, as well.

But... WTF do we know?

;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »
Don't like Hogan doing the honors.
Hogan just doesn't care and it's all about him..
Hogan thinks and wishes it was still the 80's / 90's

Genius seems to feel a bit differently.

Poffo said it was his idea that Hulk Hogan be the one to induct his brother.

"Randy and Hulk, sometimes they got along, and sometimes they didn't, but nobody can say that was not a successful combination, and Randy deep down in his heart loved Hulk, and Hulk loved Randy," Poffo said.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 06:22:15 PM »

I always thought it would be Steamers doing the honors, as well.

But... WTF do we know?

;D
Lanny stated in many shoot interviews that he would not attend the HOF if his brother was inducted but not Lanny or Angelo based on Randy Savage's wishes. Who knows if Lanny will even be there...if he is its only because WWE gave him a huge payday.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 09:59:42 PM »
Great point..
Probably he will get a genius DVD or legends contract out of it.
He definitely got a lot of $$$$$$

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 03:33:08 PM »
I have emails between myself and Lanny via Linkedin a few yrs back saying all or nothing meaning entire family. Fast forward, obviously his tune has changed....$$$ changes everything.

Hulk inducting him...not a fan....Hogan will somehow make this into the HH show and not about Randy. They had very serious heat (although many wrestlers reported Randy was wound very tight). "Supposedly" HH ran into Randy right after her got married, shortly before he died and they mended fences...who knows..

Search Warrior Youtube videos where he calls Hogan a liar about him and Randy mending fences...

Long story short, HH no, Ricky Steamboat....no. They had one of the best Wrestlemania matches but don't see him giving a moving speech. Ideally it should be Lanny but I see Lanny accepting the award on Randy's behalf.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »
Who owns the rights to Savage's character?

Anybody know?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 09:21:41 PM »
Who owns the rights to Savage's character?

Anybody know?

Did he do any appearances as Macho Man when not wrestling? I know he played Bone Saw but I don't know what they credited him as in the credits.
$

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 01:59:15 AM »
Did he do any appearances as Macho Man when not wrestling? I know he played Bone Saw but I don't know what they credited him as in the credits.

Not sure, but I know he did the Slim Jim ads on his own and in full character.
He also had no issues transitioning to WCW as the Macho Man.

I suspect it may have been an arrangement along the lines of the character owner licensing the use of that character to the entity employing them. So, whoever signed Macho to a contract got to use his name/likeness for the duration of that contract.

I believe that's how Vince was able to release the first Ultimate Warrior without Hellwig's consent - WWF simply compiled archive footage for which Hellwig was already paid, so they didn't need to pay him again; nor did they need his permission.
"Ultimate Warrior" was property of James Hellwig, but that footage was property of Titan Sports.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 07:34:44 AM »
Apparently the WWE contract has all that in there.
You get a percentage $$ of merchandise , appearance , and tv / video.
That's how WWE Network is able to operate.. especially when the WWE owns your likeness / character / trademark.. which they own about 95% of it..
All third generation kids are using WWE created names now  :-\

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 07:37:00 AM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 10:36:08 AM »
He said he was honoring his brother's wishes and that he wouldn't be there if WWE did it with just Savage.

The Fox News link I posted earlier has a YouTube attachment, an interview with Genius explaining why he changed his mind.

I have emails between myself and Lanny via Linkedin a few yrs back saying all or nothing meaning entire family. Fast forward, obviously his tune has changed....$$$ changes everything.

Hulk inducting him...not a fan....Hogan will somehow make this into the HH show and not about Randy. They had very serious heat (although many wrestlers reported Randy was wound very tight). "Supposedly" HH ran into Randy right after her got married, shortly before he died and they mended fences...who knows..

Search Warrior Youtube videos where he calls Hogan a liar about him and Randy mending fences...

Long story short, HH no, Ricky Steamboat....no. They had one of the best Wrestlemania matches but don't see him giving a moving speech. Ideally it should be Lanny but I see Lanny accepting the award on Randy's behalf.

He might say it's for the fans, and it may very well be, Lanny comes across as honest and a straight shooter, but I have to think he may have gotten some type of  "Bruno" package to agree to terms.

Or maybe he realized he's getting up there in age and life is short and time heals all wounds. But as there is no physical HOF (unless you count the Mania fan access museum) or voting panel, I can't imagine he'd take much stock in the WHO'S honors.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »
Angelo always taught his kids the three letters of life...SYM.

"Save your money"....and they did.