Author Topic: the holy grail of lost matches shown on the network.  (Read 7925 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the holy grail of lost matches shown on the network.
« on: May 16, 2019, 12:43:42 PM »
the tom magee vs brett hart match has finally surfaced. a documentry about it is in the offing.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: the holy grail of lost matches shown on the network.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 12:58:18 PM »
does any one know the significance of this match ?
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 12:51:40 PM »
I'm guessing that is "the" match in which the old man had brought Tom Magee in for some tryout work with hopes he'd be "the next Hulkster."

If I remember the story, Bret claims Vince asked him to put Tom over in an effort to see if Tom could GET over with fans. While Bret initially objected to the prospect of jobbing to Magee, VKM massaged Bret's precious ego, assuring him that if anyone could get Tom over by bringing out his best, Hitman would be the man!

Anyway, it was a flop.
Magee had a great look.
He could do some athletic "movements."
But, he really wasn't worth a shit in the ring.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 06:43:58 AM »
the tom magee vs brett hart match has finally surfaced. a documentry about it is in the offing.
Ahhhhh yes....Tom Magee....billed to be "the next hulk Hogan". Boy did that collapse and fast.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 11:01:54 AM »
I'm guessing that is "the" match in which the old man had brought Tom Magee in for some tryout work with hopes he'd be "the next Hulkster."

If I remember the story, Bret claims Vince asked him to put Tom over in an effort to see if Tom could GET over with fans. While Bret initially objected to the prospect of jobbing to Magee, VKM massaged Bret's precious ego, assuring him that if anyone could get Tom over by bringing out his best, Hitman would be the man!

Anyway, it was a flop.
Magee had a great look.
He could do some athletic "movements."
But, he really wasn't worth a shit in the ring.
  close,  bret hart earned the reputation as being able to have a good match with a broomstick. after hAVING A GREAT MATCH WITH MAGEE sadly it was magee's only good match as his athleticism and strength didn't translate to the squared circle.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »
tom was almost beaten to death outside his apartment in 2018.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 08:41:24 AM »

I forgot all about that!
There didn't seem to be much talk about it. I believe I'd read about it here - YOU were probably the one who posted it at the time, too.

Didn't Bret mention in his book that Magee had been working/training up in Stampede? Maybe he wasn't there long enough to pick up on "the good stuff." LOL

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 01:50:52 PM »
They just didn't market him right.  He had potential, but they couldn't see it in terms of longevity.  They all wanted the next big thing right away.  At that time, with that look, he really didn't have to do much.  He should have been the very first "mass monster" heel mold.  Like Sid, Kane, Lesnar....   he wouldn't have had to show much ability at that point.  He would just pound away and brutalize people with blunt trauma until he won.  This type of "wrestling" was utilized by a lot of other people that had no actual talent (or in the case of Abdullah, their bodies were limited in their mobility). 
He could have picked up a couple moves over time and transitioned into a baby face, but they couldn't see that or they were just too impatient.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 10:38:36 AM »
Damn, that looks brutal!