Author Topic: Dangers of Statin Drugs  (Read 4519 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Dangers of Statin Drugs
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2024, 01:03:36 PM »
Bunch of statin-taking boomers in this bitch sheeeeeeiiiiiiitttttttt

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2024, 03:31:56 AM »
I like Donny.

He posts good stuff about martial arts and training.

I was being sincere in my apology although it violated the Getbig Code of never apologizing.
and i like you ( no Homo)  :-* 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2024, 12:25:53 PM »
Yes, keto is an extreme diet

Keto

1 serving of Fruit Loops is only 150 calories (before milk). You could eat them every meal and it would be a very low cal diet and you'd lose weight.

You wouldn't get fat though. Short term it could be a good weight loss diet.

Froot Loops
+ +

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2024, 08:56:38 PM »
Bodybuilding related: seems like cereals like those fruit loops are very popular right now in the pros. Some blend them in their whey shakes after training with the insulin. If you "need" quick carbs, why not.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2024, 12:38:40 AM »
Keto

Froot Loops
+ +
I don't see why you are reposting this. Everything I said was true. You will lose weight eating like that. No one who can count calories denies this. There have been several university studies done confirming this AND the subjects blood pressure and cholesterol levels went down as a result of the weight loss. The one professor ate nothing but mint chocolate chip ice cream for a whole month.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2024, 03:44:00 AM »
I don't see why you are reposting this. Everything I said was true. You will lose weight eating like that. No one who can count calories denies this. There have been several university studies done confirming this AND the subjects blood pressure and cholesterol levels went down as a result of the weight loss. The one professor ate nothing but mint chocolate chip ice cream for a whole month.

So the science-based, medically accepted keto therapy is extreme, but your Froot Loops only diet is "a good weight loss diet" and not extreme at all.

It's not all about calories and ideal body weight.  You can be at your ideal body weight and still be very metabolically unhealthy.

"In the United States, recent studies showed that the lean, normal weight diabetes is not rare especially among minority populations."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4434081/

"The prevalence of lean diabetes among the U.S. adult population is increasing"
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36763508/

"Consumption of sugar is associated with obesity, type 2 diabetes mellitus, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and cardiovascular disease. The conversion of fructose to fat in liver (de novo lipogenesis [DNL]) may be a modifiable pathogenetic pathway. We determined the effect of 9 days of isocaloric fructose restriction on DNL, liver fat, visceral fat (VAT), subcutaneous fat, and insulin kinetics in obese Latino and African American children with habitual high sugar consumption (fructose intake >50 g/d).

Short-term (9 days) isocaloric fructose restriction decreased liver fat, VAT, and DNL, and improved insulin kinetics in children with obesity. These findings support efforts to reduce sugar consumption."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28579536/

"Of more than 50 clinical and biomarker risk factors examined, diabetes and lipoprotein insulin resistance had the highest relative risk, particularly for premature coronary heart disease"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7818181/

"In conclusion, an age-related disease developed in approximately one out of three healthy individuals who were in the upper tertile of insulin resistance at baseline, followed for an average of 6 yr. In contrast, no clinical event was seen in the most insulin-sensitive tertile. These data should serve as a strong stimulus for further efforts to define the role of insulin resistance in the genesis of age-related diseases."
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/86/8/3574/2848584

"Ketogenic diets improve insulin sensitivity through their irrefutable effects on fat and weight loss. Besides weight loss, KD produce direct insulin-sensitizing effects which are mostly due to the capacity of its restricted-digestible carbohydrates content to lower blood glucose and insulin levels. In addition, ketone bodies appear to be able to influence insulin signaling directly."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10385501/

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2024, 06:31:14 AM »
regarding diet i have been for a fair while now on a "Mediterranean style  Diet" & just last week i was told i need more Iron & normally they see this with Vegetarians, which i am not but have been eating much more plant based foods & fish.
Just a random comment  :)  so i need more meat

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2024, 08:35:10 AM »
regarding diet i have been for a fair while now on a "Mediterranean style  Diet" & just last week i was told i need more Iron & normally they see this with Vegetarians, which i am not but have been eating much more plant based foods & fish.
Just a random comment  :)  so i need more meat

Who told you about needing more iron?

Did they specify Olympic or Standard plates?

Seriously though, was it your doctor?  Usually men shouldn't take iron supplements.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2024, 09:19:22 AM »
Who told you about needing more iron?

Did they specify Olympic or Standard plates?

Seriously though, was it your doctor?  Usually men shouldn't take iron supplements.
iron is important because..

About 70% of the iron in your body is found in hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2024, 09:24:07 AM »
So i was told my Red blood cells are weaker, not critical but they take blood 1x a month so basically it can lead to problems but i feel ok.
If it happens i will take it like man, this is infact my only fear whimpering like a coward.
which i won´t.  ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2024, 09:50:38 AM »
I have low iron for some yet undiscovered reason, RBCs and Hemo are normal. I am to take a 100mg tab of iron sulphate a day. Perhaps steroids are the cause of these labs? The RBCs should be at least high normal with the roids, the steroids are probably keeping them normal despite low iron?

They will check for internal bleeding but I've had this low iron for years. I was told IV iron drip has been phased out for some reasonn so it's tabs now, which one doc said messes with your stomach.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2024, 10:19:00 AM »
I have low iron for some yet undiscovered reason, RBCs and Hemo are normal. I am to take a 100mg tab of iron sulphate a day. Perhaps steroids are the cause of these labs? The RBCs should be at least high normal with the roids, the steroids are probably keeping them normal despite low iron?

They will check for internal bleeding but I've had this low iron for years. I was told IV iron drip has been phased out for some reasonn so it's tabs now, which one doc said messes with your stomach.
yeah can be many things.. not too worried  :)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2024, 11:27:12 AM »

big paul agrees

calories in, calories out... "fuck yes! it's true!" -Big Paul