Author Topic: Tried an edible pot brownie last night  (Read 14523 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Tried an edible pot brownie last night
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2018, 11:11:04 PM »
SI went out last week, right hip was about a 1-1/2" throwing off my gait and killing me when I squat. Went to my Chiro on Monday and he adjusted my hips back to where I'm only about a 1/2 off, one more adjustment to go. After the first adjustment, of course, there would be some inflammation and still some shooting until the inflammation reduced and the nerves have settled down. Hence the brownie.

I hate not having my head clear but I was home, doing my SI stretches, in pain, etc. Cousin comes in and says "here, try this". Long story short, It tastes great but absolutely HATED the effects, felt dizzy, nauseated, equilibrium was all fucked up and barely made it through my shower. I finally laid down around 7 pm last night and didn't wake up until 30 min ago. Worst experience I've had since I quit doing drugs almost 27 years ago.

Makes you slow, lethargic and have no idea how you pot people can function. I would have rather stayed in pain. NEVER AGAIN!

I had a ton of computer work I had to do last night and it was wasted.

You don't like hallucinating and feeling like you are going insane?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2018, 11:13:45 PM »
You don't like hallucinating and feeling like you are going insane?

No, blows me away that weed is legal and steroids are not but I get there’s more tax $$ in weed, but most steroids are far better for you (in low dose and moderation) and gratifying than weed.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2018, 12:01:19 AM »
Kudos for trying something new.  Sorry to hear you didn't like it.  Hope your hip feels better soon

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2018, 12:30:21 AM »

Interesting topic but people need to take everything with a grain of salt...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2018, 09:29:31 AM »
Coach,

Maybe it's a lack of tolerance due to our age?

About 5 years ago, while having to attend a wedding on the west coast (Cannon Beach, Oregon), I made an overnight stop at the home of a family friend who lives in Salem. This guy was/is a free spirit and loves to smoke marijuana and consume edibles. Anyhow, while staying there overnight, I woke up late during the evening wanting something to eat. I made my way to the kitchen and saw that the guy had a bowl of chocolate brownies wrapped in saran wrap and in his refrigerator, he had vanilla ice cream. So, I thought, "why not serve myself a delicious bowl of crushed brownies with vanilla ice cream as a topping?". I did so and consumed a bowl of crushed up brownies with vanilla ice cream. About an hour later, I was paralyzed. I couldn't move from the couch. I thought I was having a heart attack. I experienced palpitations, felt as if I could barely breathe and couldn't not stand up, as my body felt as stiff as a board. I thought I was done for. I yelled out to my friend and told him to call the cops, as I was about to die. He called the paramedics and before they arrived, I told him that I had never experienced anything like this, hence why I felt this was the end of me. He then realized that the bulk of his brownies were gone and asked what I did with them. I told him that I ate them with ice cream. He said, "Just half of one of those brownies have about 120mg of THC and you ate about 7 of them!!".

Quickly, he had me drink about half a gallon of milk and then proceeded to get me to throw up (I used my fingers folks, not his cock). After throwing up, I felt way better, but realized then and there that I do not have the proper physiological constitution to even pretend to ever consume marijuana edibles.

"1"

I smoked a lot of weed when I was young.  It lost it's charm due to a couple panic attacks (or what I approximate them to be) and super elevated social anxiety after smoking.

The anxiety I'll accept as a 'magnification effect' of what's already there but the palpitations were purely from the weed.  What you're describing is familiar to me.  Steve Martin related a similar experience in one of his books.

Pot can agree with some people and not agree with others.  For me it was agreeable and then later it wasn't anymore, probably owing to being downright pickled in THC for about 4 years.  Rabid proponents who insist that weed is some sort of litmus test of psyche health are as goofy as the Reefer Madness opposition.

I doubt even Eddie Bravo could consume 7 x 240mg delectables and be, like, totally good to go, bro.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2018, 09:36:19 AM »
I smoked a lot of weed when I was young.  It lost it's charm due to a couple panic attacks (or what I approximate them to be) and super elevated social anxiety after smoking.

The anxiety I'll accept as a 'magnification effect' of what's already there but the palpitations were purely from the weed.  What you're describing is familiar to me.  Steve Martin related a similar experience in one of his books.

Pot can agree with some people and not agree with others.  For me it was agreeable and then later it wasn't anymore, probably owing to being downright pickled in THC for about 4 years.  Rabid proponents who insist that weed is some sort of litmus test of psyche health are as goofy as the Reefer Madness opposition.

I doubt even Eddie Bravo could consume 7 x 240mg delectables and be, like, totally good to go, bro.

I agree. Likewise, as a younger man, I had experience smoking weed in my mid-to-late twenties, but then it got old and wasn't doing much for me besides increasing my appetite exponentially.

The brownies gave me an experience like none other. It was probably one of the scariest moments of my life.

"1"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2018, 09:52:03 AM »
Yeah, that's kind of how I view pot.  You're in your 20s, you fuck around with things, and eventually outgrow them.  I confess, I kind of look down my nose at people who get stoned regularly in their 30s and beyond.

It's a movement nowadays, Joe Rogan and Eddie and lots of awesome dudes.  But in real life it's usually the guy with duct tape on his car.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2018, 10:12:18 AM »
Yeah, that's kind of how I view pot.  You're in your 20s, you fuck around with things, and eventually outgrow them.  I confess, I kind of look down my nose at people who get stoned regularly in their 30s and beyond.

It's a movement nowadays, Joe Rogan and Eddie and lots of awesome dudes.  But in real life it's usually the guy with duct tape on his car.

It has definitely become a movement. With guys like Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo, I think it works just fine for them, but then again, they are incredibly successful and don't find themselves couch-locked to the point of not being able to make a living.

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2018, 11:05:30 AM »
Nice to see weed usage and Falcon cock talk has gotten the great OMR to return.

We must remember this for when he disappears again.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2018, 11:30:19 AM »

Post of the day! 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2018, 01:16:34 PM »
The trouble I have with medical marijuana is that it's the drug indication for a ridiculous amount of infirmaries. Everything from anxiety, pain, glaucoma, insomnia, depression, Parkinson, dandruff and host of other maladies. Could it be people just like to get high? 

I will stick with the occasional glass of whiskey. Judging by the slurred speech patterns of long time pot heads it's my empirical guess that it causes neurological damage. It certainly discourages ambition with habitual use.   

Hope your whiskey consumption is very occasional, because alcohol can cause neurological and liver damage. In fact, anything done to excess isn't good for you. People's reaction to marijuana varies from one to another.

Yes, medical marijuana is recommended for a host of different conditions. It has fewer side effects than many other medications. My ophthalmologist suggested trying medical marijuana because I have early stage glaucoma, which he's currently treating with eye drops twice a day.

Many folks are recreational users and self dose. But we are discussing medical use which is well regulated. It seems as if your confusing the two by lumping all use as bad.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2018, 01:30:23 PM »
Not trying to start a debate for pot usage, but this shit can't be good for you.

There are many folks whose opinions differ from yours. Maybe they never had an experience like you did. If you need it for pain relief, don't just eat a brownie concocted by a non-professional. Dispensaries, both recreational and medical are legal in California. If you decide to give cannabis another try, go to a qualified dispensary. Keep in mind you might be a person who has/had an negatively enhanced reaction.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2018, 01:42:05 PM »
No, blows me away that weed is legal and steroids are not but I get there’s more tax $$ in weed, but most steroids are far better for you (in low dose and moderation) and gratifying than weed.

I believe anabolic steroids should be legal. Because they are in most cases illegal, a lot of folks risk using some bad stuff. I hardly think marijuana is worse than illegal steroid use. Who determines your steroid dosage? My guess is that you do and you are not a doctor. It isn't uncommon for users to think if a little is good more will be better. Some of these folks end up with failed kidneys and heart conditions. Think Derek Anthony.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »

In addition to bad psychological reactions some people have serious physical side effects. My son-in-law was prescribed medical cannabis by one of his doctors. Everything was fine for awhile until he developed cyclical vomiting from it. Constantly vomiting for three weeks put him in the hospital for dangerous dehydration and malnutrition. He lost 28 lbs.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2018, 02:55:30 PM »
Pot and pot derived products are all the rage. Except so was tobacco and cocaine when they first came out. And then epidemiological data of mass consumption started being compiled over 50 plus years and then, lo and behold- it is damaging. I expect smoking MJ or taking certain derivatives will lead to the same situation. All the cheerleaders saying how wonderful it is will be long gone.

People say alcohol is far worse for you. Nah- it's equally as bad. One or two drinks a day and grandma still lives to 90. 5 drinks a day and grandma dies of liver disease by 55. It's just that we tried to restrict it and we ended up with the mess called Prohibition.

People die from allergies to peanuts, shellfish, you name it. So it is not surprising that some have an adverse reaction to edibles. Listen to the commercials for drugs these days and for every one good thing they do, there are 10 things they also cause, like death.

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2018, 03:07:01 PM »
In my experience an edible will put me out for 12 - 24 hours.
Sometimes you might want to just eat that and then go to sleep

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2018, 03:35:37 PM »
Edibles are the worst way to go
I prefer using a dry herb vaporizer and then I filter it through water.
Buy some good flower (and also learn whether you prefer the effect of indica or sativa) and have one or two hits and STOP

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Yes Vaping is the way to go  :D
K

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2018, 03:49:06 PM »
Pot and pot derived products are all the rage. Except so was tobacco and cocaine when they first came out.

Are these drugs "bad" because people abuse them, or inherently bad? Are they worse than caffeine or alcohol?

People say alcohol is far worse for you. Nah- it's equally as bad. One or two drinks a day and grandma still lives to 90. 5 drinks a day and grandma dies of liver disease by 55. It's just that we tried to restrict it and we ended up with the mess called Prohibition.

If the epidemiological jury is still out, how do you know whether its equally bad, less bad, or better?

People die from allergies to peanuts, shellfish, you name it. So it is not surprising that some have an adverse reaction to edibles.

Coach had an "adverse reaction" to what was in all likelihood a large dose, something like five or more coffees or drinks for a person with no experience of these drugs.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2018, 04:04:29 PM »
Nothing wrong with edibles at all.Small doses ansolutley nothing wrong.Great sleep,pain relief over all sense of well being.take to much and your fucked for a while and it can be scary.I tell any noob to yake 3-5mg and avid smoker 10-15 mg and a stoner 25-50.My buddy who is 47 and smokes around 5 joints a day tried a punch bar and just ate the whole thing cause its a small bar and he didnt think anything of it.Long story short he was tripping balls for about 12 hours.So he tried a square a couole weeks later which is 25mg and he didnt feel shit.Everyone is different so always start small.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2018, 04:51:04 PM »
There are many folks whose opinions differ from yours. Maybe they never had an experience like you did. If you need it for pain relief, don't just eat a brownie concocted by a non-professional. Dispensaries, both recreational and medical are legal in California. If you decide to give cannabis another try, go to a qualified dispensary. Keep in mind you might be a person who has/had an negatively enhanced reaction.

This entire post is utterly ridiculous.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2018, 02:09:12 AM »
Its legalized in Massachusetts, they finally are opening stores (it took them 2+ years since legalization). I live over the order in NH, but I can still go buy it.
If I get caught bringing it home over the border its a 100.00 ticket/fine. (They probably take the stuff too). Wife's parents live in MA, 20 mins from me, and we could just leave it at there place.
(We still have her old room there where we sleep when we go over to party and had a few too many). So I still get to rail her in her old room like I did back in 1983/84.  :o

Anyways, key words are "if caught" bringing it back to NH.
Either way Im going Xmas week (Salem, MA - Witch town) its less than an hour drive from me (NH), so I'll load up. Edibles rule, best natural medicine ever.
And Gov't feels its their right to ban plants. ::)

The pubtard here (Sununu) keeps blocking it, the NH Dems want to make it legal. I hope they do, still some hope for NH libbies???

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2018, 02:21:52 AM »
I don`t think it is as innocent as it is presented at the moment, it is a psychoactive drug and it does affect the brain, to some extent permanently. Plus the effect it has on the cardiovascular system is just not good.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2018, 05:36:02 AM »
I don`t think it is as innocent as it is presented at the moment, it is a psychoactive drug and it does affect the brain, to some extent permanently. Plus the effect it has on the cardiovascular system is just not good.

Over blown mumbo jumbo. Back in the day, maybe, where you had to smoke 3 bones just to get a buzz.
You take 1 vape hit of today's stuff, you get pretty lit up, w/ minimal smoke inhalation.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2018, 07:38:37 AM »
This incident shows how clueless Joe is and how safe cannabis actually is.

Joe's cousin shows up and says "eat this" and he shoves it in his pie hole without bothering to ask any questions or even taking two minutes to do any research on the internet about how to dose edibles or if this was even an effective treatment for your hip pain.   BTW is your cousin an experienced user because it's fucked up to give a newbie an edible and let him eat the whole thing at one time.  Did either of you even bother to read the instructions on the package.  Or was this just a case of dumb and dumber?   By almost any metric you essentially overdosed on THC and other than being uncomfortable youre fine which shows how safe this drug is even when used by a total knucklehead.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2018, 08:07:16 AM »
This incident shows how clueless Joe is and how safe cannabis actually is.

Joe's cousin shows up and says "eat this" and he shoves it in his pie hole without bothering to ask any questions or even taking two minutes to do any research on the internet about how to dose edibles or if this was even an effective treatment for your hip pain.   BTW is your cousin an experienced user because it's fucked up to give a newbie an edible and let him eat the whole thing at one time.  Did either of you even bother to read the instructions on the package.  Or was this just a case of dumb and dumber?   By almost any metric you essentially overdosed on THC and other than being uncomfortable youre fine which shows how safe this drug is even when used by a total knucklehead.

How do you know what I did or didn’t do? I just didn’t know how much to eat so i thought I had small piece