Author Topic: Tried an edible pot brownie last night  (Read 14527 times)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Tried an edible pot brownie last night
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2018, 08:36:29 AM »
Are these drugs "bad" because people abuse them, or inherently bad? Are they worse than caffeine or alcohol?

If the epidemiological jury is still out, how do you know whether its equally bad, less bad, or better?

Coach had an "adverse reaction" to what was in all likelihood a large dose, something like five or more coffees or drinks for a person with no experience of these drugs.

1) The human body has a tolerance for just about every substance we put into it. It can handle low levels of even arsenic, for example. Any substance we ingest has potential for harm but it depends on the concentration as to how badly it affects you. For example, nicotine is tolerable in low levels in tobacco yet a single drop of pure nicotine will kill you. A teaspoon of pure caffeine will cause death, guaranteed. In coffee, it is so dilute it is tolerable. To extract the active ingredients in marijuana automatically concentrates them, with reactions still being determined in the population as a whole. So "bad" is a function of concentration.

2) To assume that something is innocuous at the outset is a dangerous approach. We must always assume that substances we ingest are not safe, unless proven otherwise. For foods, most are just fine or else we would all be dead. But any additive not normally present or available in high dose form is always suspect. That is why  the GRAS list was created by the FDA. It reads:  "any substance that is intentionally added to food is a food additive, that is subject to premarket review and approval by FDA, unless the substance is generally recognized, among qualified experts, as having been adequately shown to be safe under the conditions of its intended use, or unless the use of the substance is otherwise excepted from the definition of a food additive. "

3) I agree. It is dose dependent. But the variation in dose tolerance among humans is so great that limits have to be set to protect the outliers from harm. This obviously has not been done, to my knowledge, for marijuana derived additives .

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2018, 08:43:07 AM »
Coach do you consider yourself absent minded? Seriously.
T

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2018, 09:25:44 AM »
Coach do you consider yourself absent minded? Seriously.

I think at times every one is but no, not particularly. I usually write almost everything down any way

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
This entire post is utterly ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than this post:

SI went out last week, right hip was about a 1-1/2" throwing off my gait and killing me when I squat. Went to my Chiro on Monday and he adjusted my hips back to where I'm only about a 1/2 off, one more adjustment to go. After the first adjustment, of course, there would be some inflammation and still some shooting until the inflammation reduced and the nerves have settled down. Hence the brownie.

I hate not having my head clear but I was home, doing my SI stretches, in pain, etc. Cousin comes in and says "here, try this". Long story short, It tastes great but absolutely HATED the effects, felt dizzy, nauseated, equilibrium was all fucked up and barely made it through my shower. I finally laid down around 7 pm last night and didn't wake up until 30 min ago. Worst experience I've had since I quit doing drugs almost 27 years ago.

Makes you slow, lethargic and have no idea how you pot people can function. I would have rather stayed in pain. NEVER AGAIN!

I had a ton of computer work I had to do last night and it was wasted.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2018, 01:34:00 PM »
No more ridiculous than this post:

Go ahead and make that comparison. Clueless

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2018, 01:43:24 PM »
Edibles are unpredictable,  but I recommend pre workout sativa, post workout indica, pre bed indica and cbd. This along with a doctor supervised trt and hgh regimen is the go to stack for optimal health, fitness, longevity,  and wellness.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2018, 08:28:28 PM »
Yep, it literally left useless and totally unproductive

So basically the same as any other day for you

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2018, 08:44:32 PM »
So basically the same as any other day for you

Sure son, whatever you say.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2018, 11:17:06 PM »
1) The human body has a tolerance for just about every substance we put into it. It can handle low levels of even arsenic, for example. Any substance we ingest has potential for harm but it depends on the concentration as to how badly it affects you. For example, nicotine is tolerable in low levels in tobacco yet a single drop of pure nicotine will kill you. A teaspoon of pure caffeine will cause death, guaranteed. In coffee, it is so dilute it is tolerable. To extract the active ingredients in marijuana automatically concentrates them, with reactions still being determined in the population as a whole. So "bad" is a function of concentration.

There are other effects to these drugs besides "death", good and bad. In my experience, THC has many good effects. Of course, "good" or "bad" can be defined in various ways, but I would be surprised to hear a consistent defense of, for example, caffeine as good and thc as bad. And pretty much the whole world is addicted to caffeine...

2) To assume that something is innocuous at the outset is a dangerous approach. We must always assume that substances we ingest are not safe, unless proven otherwise.

If people were always so pessimistic, we would probably be living in caves.

3) I agree. It is dose dependent. But the variation in dose tolerance among humans is so great that limits have to be set to protect the outliers from harm. This obviously has not been done, to my knowledge, for marijuana derived additives .

The "median lethal dose" for THC is probably over 130mg/kg in humans: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/health-pubs-drug-cannab2-ch52.htm

Which is absurdly high... OMR, for example, probably had around 1g total in his brownie binge.

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2018, 11:43:01 PM »
Over blown mumbo jumbo. Back in the day, maybe, where you had to smoke 3 bones just to get a buzz.
You take 1 vape hit of today's stuff, you get pretty lit up, w/ minimal smoke inhalation.

Smoke is not what is causing the damage to cardiovascular system, it is the substance and how the body reacts to it. Cigarette for example  is not bad exclusively because of smoke but because of chemicals esp. nicotine.

It influences the brain and your nervous system in general, it is not something your body needs as lots of morons suggest nowadays. For people in pain it is understandable why they would use it but otherwise it is just plain dumb to take it.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2018, 11:55:40 PM »
For people in pain it is understandable why they would use it but otherwise it is just plain dumb to take it.

Speaking from experience?

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »
Yep, it literally left useless and totally unproductive

so in other words it had no effect

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »
No, blows me away that weed is legal and steroids are not but I get there’s more tax $$ in weed, but most steroids are far better for you (in low dose and moderation) and gratifying than weed.
What's your opinion on alcohol then? Its much more harmless and dangerous than pot

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2018, 04:22:37 PM »
Yeah, that's kind of how I view pot.  You're in your 20s, you fuck around with things, and eventually outgrow them.  I confess, I kind of look down my nose at people who get stoned regularly in their 30s and beyond.

It's a movement nowadays, Joe Rogan and Eddie and lots of awesome dudes.  But in real life it's usually the guy with duct tape on his car.

If you’re in your 30’s and haven’t progressed to good blow you need to step it up.

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2018, 09:34:49 AM »
Speaking from experience?

Nope, don`t see the appeal of getting high.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2018, 10:31:25 AM »

Hahahahahahha zing

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2018, 06:49:55 PM »
short fat broke and now stoned. awesome

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
short fat broke and now stoned. awesome

Wanna compare portfolios? While your at it, throw your current pic up and we’ll compare that as well. My bet is you won’t. Gimmick

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2018, 08:30:24 PM »
i will every so often train on edibles. 20mg

the pumps are mind blowing - not trolling either.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2018, 12:01:34 AM »

Nope, don`t see the appeal of getting high.

So why do you say it's dumb to use cannabis, then ???

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2018, 04:38:45 AM »
i will every so often train on edibles. 20mg

the pumps are mind blowing - not trolling either.

Insane right!!  What the hell causes that? I did it yesterday, unreal.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2018, 12:07:51 AM »

Zing!! LOL

:D

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
Insane right!!  What the hell causes that? I did it yesterday, unreal.

i know man... its crazy shit.

its next level man - I am  big yogi too. i will hot flow yoga on an edible every so often.

i do recommend a bber to try 10-20 mg and train - not heavy - just do tons of reps at low weights. the pumps are insane.

take an uber to the gym - load up on carbs and pre work out pumps and take 10-20 mg edible 1 hour before training. its amazing.

SamuelR

• Getbig II
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2019, 03:41:10 AM »
My wife brings pot brownies home from a lady at work every now and that bakes them. I tried one, probably been 2 years ago and didn't do much for me. Decided I better just stick with beer. Maybe another recipe would taste just better for me:)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2019, 11:14:28 AM »
ill take one, if youre offering