Author Topic: Is this fair, in the Muslim religion, to force kids to marry?  (Read 16538 times)

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
Re: Im sorry my muslim friends but you all are pedos *EVIDENCE INCLUDED*
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2007, 09:04:06 AM »
Actually, no, under Islam forced marriages are forbidden and invalid.  During the ceremony each the bride and the groom is taken in a private room to confide in the "imam" (individual performing the marriage) as to whether or not they consent.  Finally, the imam announces whether or not both parties consented, and does not reveal which of the parties refused to consent in the event that one does.

When anything other than this happens it is simply the case of "Muslims" not properly practicing their religion.

And if the girl "refuses to consent", she get acid thrown on her face later :-\

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2007, 09:04:17 AM »
Actually, no, under Islam forced marriages are forbidden and invalid.  During the ceremony each the bride and the groom is taken in a private room to confide in the "imam" (individual performing the marriage) as to whether or not they consent.  Finally, the imam announces whether or not both parties consented, and does not reveal which of the parties refused to consent in the event that one does.

When anything other than this happens it is simply the case of "Muslims" not properly practicing their religion.

The picture i posted show how much forbidden and invalid are forced marriages under islam, just look at the girl's face, she's all happy  ;D

And we all know the girl must consent, else they will just make up something random, like "she was cheating on me" and she will be raped by a gang and celebrated by the muslim world, like it happened a few months ago.

Nice religion

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2007, 09:05:02 AM »
I never claimed it was a crisis or anything 240. But looking at the fact that Mohammed was married to a 13 year old and most of these people haven't left the stone ages, what do you expect? That they're going to look down on it? If their prophet had no problem with it, I'm thinking most of them are not going to have a problem with it either. I could be wrong, and I hope I am. No one wants to wish this on a person, regardless of religion. But the fact there is more than one story of something like this happening is bad enough.

how old was muhammed when he married the 13 year old?

I was under the impression that both mary and joseph were like 14/15 when jesus was born.  Do any of our historians have info on this?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2007, 09:07:10 AM »
And if the girl "refuses to consent", she get acid thrown on her face later :-\

In a few extreme and unfortunate cases I'll admit that could have happened.  Again - that would be due to Muslims not practicing their religion. 

Mistreating women is a general cultural habit in third world countries.  You need to be able to differentiate between culture and religion.  If the thread was titled, "East Indians mistreating women" as opposed to "Islam," I'd probably be totally in agreement with you.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2007, 09:07:25 AM »

I was under the impression that both mary and joseph were like 14/15 when jesus was born.  Do any of our historians have info on this?

He married her when she was 9 and he was 53. He didn't consummate the marriage until she was 13 or 14.

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Aisha's_Age_of_Consummation
http://www.muhammadanism.org/Hadith/Topics/Marriage.htm

Second one's an article about how that move of his set the stage for Islam men to do the same thing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2007, 09:07:44 AM »
I agree with ya berserk... the practice sickens me.  I would personally love to castrate anyone who beds a child, no exceptions.  And yes, their culture does allow for it.  But ours did too, a few hundred years ago.  We're more evolved, but even among us, there are elements that are not.  I pity the poor girls but I don't fault the muslim that attends my local community college or works at my local Target for it, now consider him a pedo, as the thread title indicates.  I'm all for hatred when it's due.  Just not when it's sprayed on everyone cause it applies to some.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2007, 09:08:54 AM »

I was under the impression that both mary and joseph were like 14/15 when jesus was born.  Do any of our historians have info on this?

I think you are missing the point which is FORCED MARRIAGE in MODERN AGE.

This is legal rape, supported by crazy people.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2007, 09:09:50 AM »
I agree with ya berserk... the practice sickens me.  I would personally love to castrate anyone who beds a child, no exceptions.  And yes, their culture does allow for it.  But ours did too, a few hundred years ago.  We're more evolved, but even among us, there are elements that are not.  I pity the poor girls but I don't fault the muslim that attends my local community college or works at my local Target for it, now consider him a pedo, as the thread title indicates.  I'm all for hatred when it's due.  Just not when it's sprayed on everyone cause it applies to some.

No, that was a little bigoted of me. But you can't deny that the religion turns a blind eye to it most of the time. I was wrong again actually. He married her at 6, she moved in with him at 9, and consummated at 13.

Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: "Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old."
- Sahih Muslim 8:3310

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2007, 09:12:59 AM »
I think you are missing the point which is FORCED MARRIAGE in MODERN AGE.

This is legal rape, supported by crazy people.

agree 100%.

But like I said, I don't blame the local muslim kid who tends bar or bags groceries.  I blame the govts of those countries for allowing such fundamentalist BS and cowtoeing to the demands of a crazy few and propogate these sick thoughts in schools, in order to stay in power.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2007, 09:13:44 AM »
No, that was a little bigoted of me. But you can't deny that the religion turns a blind eye to it most of the time. I was wrong again actually. He married her at 6, she moved in with him at 9, and consummated at 13.

Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: "Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old."
- Sahih Muslim 8:3310

"Sahih Muslim" are a compilation of historical stories not actually in the Qur'an.  Some contradict each other, and are not given as much value or credibility as the Quran itself.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2007, 09:15:15 AM »
agree 100%.

But like I said, I don't blame the local muslim kid who tends bar or bags groceries.  I blame the govts of those countries for allowing such fundamentalist BS and cowtoeing to the demands of a crazy few and propogate these sick thoughts in schools, in order to stay in power.

Corrupt Muslim leaders are actually kept in power by receiving funding from the US sufficient to remain stronger than the people who want to rebel against them, as long as they support US interest in their region.  That's one of the reasons many Muslims in these countries dislike America. 

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2007, 09:17:20 AM »
In a few extreme and unfortunate cases I'll admit that could have happened.  Again - that would be due to Muslims not practicing their religion. 

Mistreating women is a general cultural habit in third world countries.  You need to be able to differentiate between culture and religion.  If the thread was titled, "East Indians mistreating women" as opposed to "Islam," I'd probably be totally in agreement with you.

Unfortunately the incidents that we're talking about are quite often done in the name of islam...so its difficult see this as more of a cultural problem.  

Everyone knows that the core principles of Islam are peaceful...but does this really matter in the context of an ever growing extremist population that are far from peaceful?  The old classic 'yeah but islam is actually a really peaceful religion when you study it properly' argument seems quite weak when considered alongside some of the various acts mentioned in this thread alone.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2007, 09:18:24 AM »
Unfortunately the incidents that we're talking about are quite often done in the name of islam...so its difficult see this as more of a cultural problem.  

Everyone knows that the core principles of Islam are peaceful...but does this really matter in the context of an ever growing extremist population that are far from peaceful?  The old classic 'yeah but islam is actually a really peaceful religion when you study it properly' argument seems quite weak when considered alongside some of the various acts mentioned in this thread alone.

Forced marriages such as this are probably more common among Hindus, Sikhs and other types of people in third world countries.  This shows that the act is a result of third-world culture and not religion.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2007, 09:19:18 AM »

Have you noticed that whenever muslims do wrong things, the excuse/answer from the muslim world is "Those are muslims not practicing their religion" "Those are not part of our religion" but whenever we see the media, everytime an american die, we see the muslim world celebrating? Come on man, im not being racist, im just trying to prove a point that maybe , MAYBE, you are the exemption, but that wont hide the fact your people is crazy and should be stopped, simple as that.

Muslims poorly contribute to modern age, while the whole world is trying to advance to a new era, muslims keep throwing stones against women, keep raping them, and god knows what else they do and the world havent find out yet.

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »
Forced marriages such as this are probably more common among Hindus, Sikhs and other types of people in third world countries.  This shows that the act is a result of third-world culture and not religion.

You may be right with this...but we all know that forced marriages are only part of a much larger picture when it comes to Islam's serious PR problem.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2007, 09:21:10 AM »
You may be right with this...but we all know that forced marriages are only part of a much larger picture when it comes to Islam's serious PR problem.

America has a pretty bad PR problem too around the world don't you think? 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2007, 09:23:35 AM »
Have you noticed that whenever muslims do wrong things, the excuse/answer from the muslim world is "Those are muslims not practicing their religion" "Those are not part of our religion" but whenever we see the media, everytime an american die, we see the muslim world celebrating? Come on man, im not being racist, im just trying to prove a point that maybe , MAYBE, you are the exemption, but that wont hide the fact your people is crazy and should be stopped, simple as that.

Muslims poorly contribute to modern age, while the whole world is trying to advance to a new era, muslims keep throwing stones against women, keep raping them, and god knows what else they do and the world havent find out yet.

Muslims are usually smart enough not to take crimes committed by Christians like priest-pedofilia, extermination of Jews (Hitler), bombardment of Iraqi civilians,etc. and label them as being crimes due to Christianity.  That's why you guys never have to use the defence that "those christians are not praciting their religion."   however, if we did make those type of statements surely that would be your defence. 

And as for Muslims celebrating at Americans dying - we see our own GB members here supporting the killing of Muslim civilians around the world - what's the difference? 

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2007, 09:29:10 AM »
America has a pretty bad PR problem too around the world don't you think? 

I'm not american, but would agree with you that they do...although i think their various indiscretions pale in comparison to some of those that have been done in the name of islam.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2007, 09:30:36 AM »
Muslims are usually smart enough not to take crimes committed by Christians like priest-pedofilia, extermination of Jews (Hitler), bombardment of Iraqi civilians,etc. and label them as being crimes due to Christianity.  That's why you guys never have to use the defence that "those christians are not praciting their religion."   however, if we did make those type of statements surely that would be your defence. 

And as for Muslims celebrating at Americans dying - we see our own GB members here supporting the killing of Muslim civilians around the world - what's the difference? 

Emhh theres a little difference. When you see a christian doing something wrong, he's not doing it because "god told him". When you see (and i think theres no need to put some links here to prove it) a muslim beheading a person, bombing a school, planning a terror attack...they not do it on his own but because "ALLAH" told them.

See the difference? You cant compare the crimes done by the muslim world with the crimes done by the christian world.

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2007, 09:32:50 AM »

Those crimes that you've mentioned were done by Christians, but weren't done in the name of Christianity...big difference.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2007, 09:48:12 AM »
Those crimes that you've mentioned were done by Christians, but weren't done in the name of Christianity...big difference.

exactly my point

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »
exactly my point

Not quite correct.  I can point out many examples of non-Muslim "modern" religions committing crimes in the name of Christianity - for example cults which use the Bible to justify molesting or sacrificing children, Jews using their religion to justify killing Palestinian civilians/refugees, may be wrong on this but I think Hitler used the name of Christianity to justify killing of Jews, Crusades which killed in the name of Christianity, etc.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Is this fair, in the muslim religion, to force kids to marry?
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »
I haven't read all the replies in this thread, so I'm not sure if what I'm saying here is already addressed or not, but the Islamic rule is that any male or female must have passed puberty to be able to get married.  I highly doubt 11 is passed puberty for any female today, which would mean the marriage was a cultural one, not an Islamic one. 

The Islamic minimum age for marriage is actually not much different than the rules here in North America.  Where I'm from (In Canada), the min. age for marriage is 14 with parental consent, and 16 without parental consent.  Also, most guys and girls here lose their virginity at 13-14, it's just that they are not married at that age.

Hmmm... are you sure about that? I always thought it was only 14 if there was both parental consent and a pregnancy involved, and 16 with parental consent. And that those ages may be even lower in Quebec.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
He married her when she was 9 and he was 53. He didn't consummate the marriage until she was 13 or 14.

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Aisha's_Age_of_Consummation
http://www.muhammadanism.org/Hadith/Topics/Marriage.htm

Second one's an article about how that move of his set the stage for Islam men to do the same thing.

As an event it does have to be seen in its context of time and place. The custom of taking child brides existed before Mohammed. And some texts place the promising of Mary to Joseph in marriage at the age of 9 and the birth of her first child at 12. And in the chapter of Numbers in the bible there is this "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that has known a man by sleeping with him. But all the young girls who have not known a man by sleeping with him, keep alive for yourselves"

Kids were dashed against rocks for revenge, captured into slavery, eaten alive by bears sent by god (allegedly), slaughtered as pawns in political games such as the murder of all firstborn sons. Aisha from what is supposed to be her writing appears to have loved Mohammed. In comparison to the bloody deaths and miserable lives of a lot of children, it could be argued she had it easy.

Life expectancy obviously does play its part but in the end shouting nuance at religious figures is pretty much missing the point which is that all religious texts carry the social norms of their time.

Now here's a pedo for ya, not just a pedo, ...but an incestuous one at that.  :o

Jerry Lee Lewis married HIS COUSIN Myra when she was 13. Great balls of fire indeed.

Here they are, keeping it in the family.

What's more, ...apparently at the time of William Wallace Braveheart's death the french princess he was riding was only 4 yrs old. Well it's on the Stewart Lee dvd part 1 anyway. "That would have made William Wallace Braveheart, scotland's national hero, a paedophile. A scottish paedophile; the worst kind".

You don't want to know what he says in part 2

w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Is this fair, in the Muslim religion, to force kids to marry?
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2007, 11:02:58 AM »
Can't be arsed reading the whole thread... but...

Muslims must preach that child brides are acceptable.

Why? He is the best example how to life your life.

To emulate Muhammad is to be a good muslim.

Therefore, marrying a six year old CHILD and consummating the marriage with the CHILD at age 9 (even when you're in your early 50's) is TOTALLY acceptable.

Has anyone here read the Surahs? It documents Aisha still playing with dolls... nice...

Remember this is 100% justified by the koran. Paedophilia by priest etc. are not justified in the Bible.
الاسلام هو شيطانية