Author Topic: Golds Gym - "The Mecca", when it really was "The Mecca"  (Read 466641 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Golds Gym - "The Mecca", when it really was "The Mecca"
« Reply #1876 on: February 23, 2023, 07:13:38 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1877 on: February 23, 2023, 12:44:27 PM »
I just talked to Dave Mastorakis on the phone.....told me how he was at a booth at one Arnold Classic and how him and Sergio went to breakfast the next day.

He said Sergio was a good guy contrary to popular opinion, and had the best genetics he ever saw and that if he could have gotten shredded he would have been unstoppable.

Dave`s still training but has a bad shoulder......a really nice guy, and a good friend.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1878 on: February 23, 2023, 02:28:46 PM »
I just talked to Dave Mastorakis on the phone.....told me how he was at a booth at one Arnold Classic and how him and Sergio went to breakfast the next day.

He said Sergio was a good guy contrary to popular opinion, and had the best genetics he ever saw and that if he could have gotten shredded he would have been unstoppable.

Dave`s still training but has a bad shoulder......a really nice guy, and a good friend.
BNP?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1879 on: February 23, 2023, 02:41:09 PM »
BNP?
LOL  ;D

I wouldn`t doubt it because everyone did them back then.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1880 on: February 23, 2023, 02:58:41 PM »

Cool.  I remember him from the real days of training.  Please tell him I said "Hi!"   

And no, I never met him but I figured if you were vague about it he might go crazy trying to remember me, LOL!  Thanks brother!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1881 on: February 23, 2023, 05:19:24 PM »
Cool.  I remember him from the real days of training.  Please tell him I said "Hi!"   

And no, I never met him but I figured if you were vague about it he might go crazy trying to remember me, LOL!  Thanks brother!
I`ll do that brother....he`s sending me some vintage  bb pics....I`ll post `em as soon as I get `em !!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #1882 on: February 23, 2023, 05:27:12 PM »

Dave and I were certainly friends. He’s very quiet.  If you didn’t know who he was or who he trained with, you would never guess. Good guy for sure!

His bodybuilding resume is top quality. 100 percent legit.
a

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1883 on: February 23, 2023, 05:31:14 PM »

I remember Dave well.He was awesome

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1884 on: February 23, 2023, 05:42:28 PM »
Dave and I were certainly friends. He’s very quiet.  If you didn’t know who he was or who he trained with, you would never guess. Good guy for sure!

His bodybuilding resume is top quality. 100 percent legit.
For sure Tom.....competed against some of the best.

I was at his house one time and he was showing me and my training partner old contest pics, and I said "Jesus Dave you wiped out that entire lineup of guys"....He said "Actually Tim,I didn`t even place in that show".......unreal,he looked far better than any of them IMO.

He got robbed a lot,but he also did very well against top notch guys.

Just a real laid back person.....his wife is a real sweerheart also.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1885 on: February 23, 2023, 05:43:11 PM »
I remember Dave well.He was awesome
For sure Cook.