Author Topic: Holyfield's kid gets destroyed  (Read 631 times)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Re: Holyfield's kid gets destroyed
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 06:56:53 AM »
Yep. I saw that. He doesn't have 'it' Even before this loss he has looked very amateurish.

Hate the way that article is written though  so condescending of both fighters.

You could see from the video that Evan didn't see the punch coming.  The guy threw that punch right around Evans guard and he put his whole body into it.

Despite what Evan says I strongly doubt that he will be a world champ. He's not the real deal. Pun intended.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 09:40:16 AM »
Yeah. The junior is not usually as good as the senior. At least in boxing. Spinks, Frazier, Chavez. Mayweather is an exception.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 09:55:50 AM »
Have you seen Nico Ali-Walsh?

Its hard to listen to him talk about wanting to forge his own legacy all while shamelessly pimping his grandfather's name.

But Nico is way better than Evan Holyfield.  Better basics, fundamentals, improving each fight. Still not sold on him but he's not a total amateur either.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 09:56:40 AM »
Credit to the opponent thats 2 in a row for him he rose to the occasion perfect shot

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 10:02:00 AM »
Brutal if true

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 10:48:06 AM »
But Nico is way better than Evan Holyfield.  Better basics, fundamentals, improving each fight. Still not sold on him but he's not a total amateur either.

Shame on Ali's daughter but he is actually Shane Mosley Jr (legit chance to win a 160 belt but being moved up to 168) being moved the right way by top rank but he has half the talent and skill. 

At some point, someone is going to knock him through the ropes like Conlan.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 10:58:19 AM »
Shame on Ali's daughter but he is actually Shane Mosley Jr (legit chance to win a 160 belt but being moved up to 168) being moved the right way by top rank but he has half the talent and skill. 

At some point, someone is going to knock him through the ropes like Conlan.

I loved that fight.

I hated the Conlan hype train. Seeing a guy like Wood pull a real life Rocky scenario was fun as hell.

If i recall Mosely jr. Just pulled off an upset.

Nico is hard to like. But he's not a horrible boxer. I just dont see him ever winning a championship.  Not even a lower alphabet title.  I see hi. Winning about 15 or 20 fights against hand picked opponents then retiring undefeated and parlaying it into a promotional career or something similar.