Author Topic: ACETO, NICHOLLS or RAMBOD - who would YOU choose?  (Read 7107 times)

LeePriestLover

• Getbig II
  • ---LPL---
Never use a RUMBUTT. NEVER.
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 09:02:31 PM »
I'm gonna go with Chris Aceto. Speaking of which, I need to pick up his books.

Well, I'd never choose Rum-Butt.  He seems to have made a name for himself following around the pros and stealing ideas.  Not cool.

Chris Aceto is very skilled at personalizing diet and getting herbs / supplements in check for the INDIVIDUAL.  Very important.

Chad Nicholls is great for getting ripped, but I think he's a little too cookie cutter in his approach. 

Of these, I'd choose Chris first, then Chad.  I'd stay away from Hany.  There's another pre-contest coach that was used for a while by Flex and even Dexter and this was the same guy who helped Dex win the Arnold in '05.  So I'd go with him third.  (What's his name??)

Fitfire

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: ACETO, NICHOLLS or RAMBOD - who would YOU choose?
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 09:36:45 PM »
Chris Aceto's book 'Championship Bodybuilding' is the most easy to read, step by step book on the market for bodybuilding.  I would recommend it to anyone wanting to step onstage or get in shape.  I was getting diets from a supplement company and coming in flat evey time... I use Aceto's book to a T now and I've never came in better...last two years.. and It's damn easy..

the first half of the book is training and is pretty much useless to anyone thats been lifting awhile... but the second half is to the point and so simple when it comes to contest dieting .. and bulking for that matter...that is, if you follow the diet and have the brains to make up your own.

Rottmag

Re: Never use a RUMBUTT. NEVER.
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 10:33:14 PM »
Well, I'd never choose Rum-Butt.  He seems to have made a name for himself following around the pros and stealing ideas.  Not cool.

Which pros? Whos ideas?

Back your claim up or retract your statement.

Rottmag

Re: Never use a RUMBUTT. NEVER.
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 10:34:42 PM »
There's another pre-contest coach that was used for a while by Flex and even Dexter and this was the same guy who helped Dex win the Arnold in '05.  So I'd go with him third.  (What's his name??)

You need to be a little more attentive.

Rottmag

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »
I think Charles Glass is more on the "trainer" side. Damn, how I wish he had a series of DVDs that showed his unique methods in training his clients.

C. Glass is very knowledgeable in the pre-contest diet area as well, even though, I believe, he doesn't practise it - though I've heard thru the grapevine that he does help several up-and-comers. This is a very little known fact because he has made a name as the [true] trainer of champions.

Charles is an all-round astute person. Chat to him sometime and you'll see.

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 02:31:52 AM »
A lot of people prefer Milos cause he is all over the boards where you don’t see chad chris or hany around although chad and hany do show up occasionally.  If these guys make a video (including Glass) they would sell like hell I think.
All the three guys proved they are good and each one of them has a top guy. 

I read some articles by chad in MD and it is clear he is educated to the extreme.  And Ronnie himself said that his winning formula was including chad. Period 

Chris has great books and great articles but that’s not all of it.  he never talked about drugs which is a major factor in a contest prep.  And that is why jay still works with him 

Hany helped Heath for his prep and didn’t take credit; maybe just some tips but they were crucial tips (considering it was the final stages of the prep) also we never saw lee better that after he got hocked with hany.

Slick Vic

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 08:37:20 AM »
Chris Aceto's book 'Championship Bodybuilding' is the most easy to read, step by step book on the market for bodybuilding.  I would recommend it to anyone wanting to step onstage or get in shape.  I was getting diets from a supplement company and coming in flat evey time... I use Aceto's book to a T now and I've never came in better...last two years.. and It's damn easy..

the first half of the book is training and is pretty much useless to anyone thats been lifting awhile... but the second half is to the point and so simple when it comes to contest dieting .. and bulking for that matter...that is, if you follow the diet and have the brains to make up your own.
Right on. That's the book I was looking at getting.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 09:37:16 AM »

No. Ronnie would be Mr O no matter the guru he worked with. Not to mention all chads athletes have massive guts.

although Ronnie didn't work with a guru back in the day but up until a couple of shows before he won his first olympia he was a "good" pro.  He had won a couple of shows here and there but the year he won his first O he was  a 4th place finisher at the Arnold and hadn't made an Olympia posedown.  I don't know what chad does, I figure it can't be good since so many of his guys have had kidney problems but he worked well for Ronnie back in the day.
nasser=piece of shit

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2006, 07:31:15 PM »
Yeah, I'll never use that guy again.

All he did was...

Damn that RAMBOD or RAMBUTT guy, I wan't a full refund as I didn't come in hard enough.

Rottmag

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006, 07:40:41 PM »
LeePriestLover,

I'd say you just got bitch slapped by TheGift!

Or is that slapped around like a [little] bitch?

Ouch!

LMFAO!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »
Man when Phil brings up those lats/lower traps and gets that lat spread going he'll be unbelievable!

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2018, 03:25:05 PM »
Yeah, I'll never use that guy again.

All he did was...

Damn that RAMBOD or RAMBUTT guy, I wan't a full refund as I didn't come in hard enough.

:D

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2018, 10:28:36 PM »
Ameen Alai

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2018, 10:31:51 PM »
Whoever has the lowest body count.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2018, 12:46:13 AM »
What college educated person puts an apostrophe in "want"? First time I've ever seen it.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2018, 01:36:33 AM »
I miss Phil posting here talking about cars  :'(

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2018, 06:30:48 AM »
I'm gonna go with Chris Aceto. Speaking of which, I need to pick up his books.

I got mine used of amazon really cheap, it’s a great book especially the time it was written in. There’s a handle of basic info that most already know but there’s great stuff in there about contesprep.

Aceto all day