Author Topic: Beef, it's whats for dinner  (Read 1816 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Beef, it's whats for dinner
« on: December 11, 2007, 05:37:43 AM »
I recently read an interview with Gunter where he says that when he eats beef daily, his muscles feel fuller etc...  Well over the last 6 days I have eaten beef, I went to a steakhouse on Firday, had lean burgers on Saturday, had a great beef stew that I have eaten for the next three days.  The result is that my muscles do feel fuller.  I seem to have this 24 hour pump.  I feeled swole and tight.  I have that after workout pump 24/7.  I'm not sure healthwise how good it is to eat beef everyday, but it certainly does make you feel good.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: Beef, it's whats for dinner
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:30:02 AM »
Along with protein and depending on the cut (I usually eat Flank), has fats, tons of minerals and creatine! Ol' timers always rely on beef for their proein source as they always attested to feeling stonger from eating it.

Make sure you are doing some greens and/or digestive enzymes to help break it all down if you are eating a lot daily. Dont want the pipes to clog  ;)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 07:46:05 AM »
I recently read an interview with Gunter where he says that when he eats beef daily, his muscles feel fuller etc...  Well over the last 6 days I have eaten beef, I went to a steakhouse on Firday, had lean burgers on Saturday, had a great beef stew that I have eaten for the next three days.  The result is that my muscles do feel fuller.  I seem to have this 24 hour pump.  I feeled swole and tight.  I have that after workout pump 24/7.  I'm not sure healthwise how good it is to eat beef everyday, but it certainly does make you feel good.

i felt the same when i eat a lot of steak...im a beast in the gym...i wonder how beef fits into precontest..

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:47:13 AM »

i felt the same when i eat a lot of steak...im a beast in the gym...i wonder how beef fits into precontest..

I use it at least once a day in my pre-contest diet!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »
i heard that was all surge nubret ate precontest..

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 11:35:36 AM »
Lots of guys use beef pre-contest.

Surprised a French man like Surge even eats red meat! Thought he dieted on wine and crakcers??only kidding...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »
Lots of guys use beef pre-contest.

Surprised a French man like Surge even eats red meat! Thought he dieted on wine and crakcers??only kidding...

lol...NA but i heard he did it as well as JOJ...they eat a ton of steak precontest

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 12:42:24 AM »
My main protein sources are red meat and dairy.  I probably go through almost 10 lbs of ground beef in one week. 

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 02:37:14 AM »

beef is a natural source of creatine, as far as i know...it is high in protein and energy

however, there is evidence that excessive condumption of beef is heavy on your system...mainly because of high colesterol content.

i love it and eat alot of it anyway, and true - it does make you feel stringer and fuller than eating chicken...i find it gives me better recovery than chicken or fish

to optimize on beef i'd recommend going for lean steaks and mince instead of patties

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 08:20:57 AM »
beef is a natural source of creatine, as far as i know...it is high in protein and energy

however, there is evidence that excessive condumption of beef is heavy on your system...mainly because of high colesterol content.

i love it and eat alot of it anyway, and true - it does make you feel stringer and fuller than eating chicken...i find it gives me better recovery than chicken or fish

to optimize on beef i'd recommend going for lean steaks and mince instead of patties

I know sirloin cut has a lot of creatine and b vitamins as well...

have you ever heard of TRI TIP?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 08:35:19 AM »
I know sirloin cut has a lot of creatine and b vitamins as well...

have you ever heard of TRI TIP?
tri tip is good stuff, most mexican places make their fajitas with either that or skirt steak.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 08:52:57 AM »
tri tip is good stuff, most mexican places make their fajitas with either that or skirt steak.

in cali we used to BBQ it....damn that shit is good.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 09:17:01 AM »
Give Flank a try to. Unroll it, cut into slices, cooks easy on the foreman! Vry high quality beef...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 09:26:51 AM »
Give Flank a try to. Unroll it, cut into slices, cooks easy on the foreman! Vry high quality beef...

The only steak i eat when i go out is Ribeye...

At home i cook whatever is in the fridge..If i use the BBQ pit ill cook usually Ribeye or tbone...Ill try flank on sunday

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 10:47:31 AM »
Tri-Tip is great.  Just trim the outer fat and you're good.

Flank is real nice.  Marinate it overnight with the following.

1/2 low sodium soy sauce.
1/2 cup worchestchire sauce
juice of 1 lemon,lime and orange.
smash a couple cloves of garlic
salt and pepper and some Tabasco Chipotle.

Get the grill real hot and throw the steak on for 7 minutes, flip, cook for another seven minutes and you're done.  Don't touch the steak when its on the grill, no peaking, prodding, nothing.  Just let it cook.  Once done let it rest for about 10 minutes on a plate.  Then slice it against the grain and enjoy.  This is the best.  I like to grill some onions and peppers and roll it in a tortilla.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »
Tri-Tip is great.  Just trim the outer fat and you're good.

Flank is real nice.  Marinate it overnight with the following.

1/2 low sodium soy sauce.
1/2 cup worchestchire sauce
juice of 1 lemon,lime and orange.
smash a couple cloves of garlic
salt and pepper and some Tabasco Chipotle.

Get the grill real hot and throw the steak on for 7 minutes, flip, cook for another seven minutes and you're done.  Don't touch the steak when its on the grill, no peaking, prodding, nothing.  Just let it cook.  Once done let it rest for about 10 minutes on a plate.  Then slice it against the grain and enjoy.  This is the best.  I like to grill some onions and peppers and roll it in a tortilla.

Nice!! Thanks for that...

Sometimes in a time crunch, I have those 30 min. Marinades on hand as well. Teryi is always a good call  ;)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 11:03:22 AM »
I am also a big believer in lean red meat.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 01:45:52 PM »
i've been eating a lot of rare top round lately, it's very reasonably priced at Sams or Costco and tastes fantastic with a nice steak seasoning.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 01:55:04 PM »
The only place I've had tri tip is in Cali.  My butcher says he can't get it   >:(

Flank steak on the grill is great.  Super easy.  Just slap it on  a HOT grill 7 mins per side.  Yum :P
I've never understood people saying flank is tough  :-\  it's not at all
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 01:57:19 PM »
Don't forget guys  ;)  if you're using ground beef, you can make it almost as lean as chicken by rinsing it with boiling hot water.  And NO! you don't wash away any nutrients other than fat.
:

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 03:37:30 PM »
The only place I've had tri tip is in Cali.  My butcher says he can't get it   >:(

Flank steak on the grill is great.  Super easy.  Just slap it on  a HOT grill 7 mins per side.  Yum :P
I've never understood people saying flank is tough  :-\  it's not at all

Flank is tough? They were not eating Flank then. It is the best IMO.

Thanks for the ground beef tip too, all the years and I have never heard that!?!?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 04:09:45 PM »
i've never had a tough piece of flank, good stuff, especially if you marinate it.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 10:24:27 AM »
Don't forget guys  ;)  if you're using ground beef, you can make it almost as lean as chicken by rinsing it with boiling hot water.  And NO! you don't wash away any nutrients other than fat.

Okay ~  sorry ~ not BOILING hot, but hotter than what comes out of the tap.

Check this...
http://www.beeftips.com/pdf/Reducing%20Fat%20in%20Cooked%20Ground%20Beef.pdf
: