Author Topic: The Last Topic on Postworkout Nutrition  (Read 5101 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
The Last Topic on Postworkout Nutrition
« on: July 31, 2008, 05:38:22 AM »
Consume in liquid form immediatly postworkout.
50-75g Dextrose
30-50g Whey Protein
5-15g Leucine

The End.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne44.htm

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
Re: The Last Topic on Postworkout Nutrition
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:51:42 AM »
fully agreed! i've gotten the best results with dex+whey 8)
tank u jesus

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:45:56 AM »

i started using waxy maize instead of dextrose or maltodextrin....i personally like it much better, no bloat....the maize
actually feels like it does the opposite of bloat

i take a custom blend

30% whey isolate
30% micellar casein
40% waxy maize
sweetened with stevia(natural sweetner)

works great, i don't crash either

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:07:19 PM »
i started using waxy maize instead of dextrose or maltodextrin....i personally like it much better, no bloat....the maize
actually feels like it does the opposite of bloat

i take a custom blend

30% whey isolate
30% micellar casein
40% waxy maize
sweetened with stevia(natural sweetner)

works great, i don't crash either

I haven't tried either malto or waxy so i don't know what it's like. getting rid of the bloat seems like a good thing though. What do you mean with not crashing?
tank u jesus

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 12:52:10 PM »
I haven't tried either malto or waxy so i don't know what it's like. getting rid of the bloat seems like a good thing though. What do you mean with not crashing?

energy crash....from taking in a lot of sugar, spiking insulin, then blood sugar surge reduces leaving you with a "crash"

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 04:16:08 PM »
energy crash....from taking in a lot of sugar, spiking insulin, then blood sugar surge reduces leaving you with a "crash"

oh yeah, that crash. I get that all the time after a workout, when i take dex and when i don't. "he won't recover"
tank u jesus

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:21:26 AM »
what is "natural" about wearing clothes and taking a crap in a toilet?

good post, but nevermind cumdrizzler, he is just an ex-fatty that needs some sort of excuse to use steroids.

GetBigOrDieTrying

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 07:25:17 AM »
what is "natural" about wearing clothes and taking a crap in a toilet?

Bwha ha ha classic man that made me laugh

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »
no, i dont need any excuse to do anything. im sorry if you feel that you must make everyone happy about your personal decisions, i however do not.

i thnk if layne wants to be "natura;" he should be "NTAURAL"..and IMO theres nothing natural about the things he puts in his body.. (ex = that post workout shake )

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 11:29:28 AM »
Consume in liquid form immediatly postworkout.
50-75g Dextrose
30-50g Whey Protein
5-15g Leucine

The End.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne44.htm

How about a big juicy steak and Sweet potatoe..............End of story :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 11:31:02 AM »
How about a big juicy steak and Sweet potatoe..............End of story :)
i thought you were well educated in the field of nutition ?  steak = poor choice for post workout protein

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »
i thought you were well educated in the field of nutition ?  steak = poor choice for post workout protein

Indeed it is.  I'd stick to lean chicken if you are going for solid protein.  A high quality whey isolate immediately PWO with some carbs, Karbolyn or Waxy Maize and about 45 minutes later a solid meal of chicken and a yam with salsa or brown rice.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 12:06:43 PM »
red meat is the slowest digesting protein source :D
tank u jesus

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »
red meat is the slowest digesting protein source :D
exactly

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 12:19:36 PM »
I think the PWO shake is the most over exxaggerated myth in bodybuilding. Its making things too complicated. There is nothing better than whole food PERIOD.  And out of all the protein sources, id rather have a nice big juicy steak, and there arent too many carb sources better than sweet potatoes. Therefore id choose sweet taters and a juicy steak cooked medium rare post workout!

I dont need no studies or nothing, im going off real life experience, and most guys i talk to that look good dont drink shakes after there workouts, they EAT FOOD! Same with myself, ive been doing that for the past six months or so and the results speak for themselves.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 12:21:31 PM »
I think the PWO shake is the most over exxaggerated myth in bodybuilding. Its making things too complicated. There is nothing better than whole food PERIOD. 
sorry, your way off.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 12:10:10 AM »
sorry, your way off.

u might think so, but ill take a steak and potatoe ANYDAY over 50 grams of whey and dextrose/malto/waxy maize.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 12:15:17 AM »
i dont THINK so..  ;)

i agree, steak is much more appetizing. and if i want to eat some steak, after i drink my post workout shake, ill eat some steak !  and i also agree that simple carbs postworkout arent of much benefit.  not unless you need them to cover your slin doseage ( if your into that ).

if you dotn know why, heres why = it will be about an hour befor eyou geta mino acids from steak. and then at that point, you will get a smal amount over several hyours. this is horrible for anabolism. and horrible for post workout. post workout you want a fast lane to the blodstream, and you want a super high concentration of amino acids.   

especially a natty like yourself. how do you expect to put on any muscle?? one of the very few times you will ever really build any muscle as a natural is in that time slot immidiete post workout when protein synthesis is at its highest. to take advantage of that growth oppurtunity your only option is a protein source like whey.

:)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »
i have to disagree, if your eating good solid food all day long, like a good bodybuilder is supposed to be, your going to have a constant trickle of aminos in your bloodstream all day long. So even if u do eat a steak which is a slow digesting protein, u have all of those other aminos in your bloodstream that you have already eaten during the day.

I honestly think people try to make this muscle building thing too complicated.

Heres an easy formula.......eat a lot of good solid food, train hard, sleep well, drink lots of water, take your fish oils, and enjoy life. If you do that you'll put on muscle like no other. Ive seen far too many guys at the gym finish there last set of curls then go pound a protein shake immediately pwo. Yet they have been the same size for the past 2 years. Then ive seen guys who make my head spin when i see them, go down the street to the local mexican restaurant after a workout, get a carne asada plate with rice and beans, and they are fucking hyooge. Coincidence I THINK NOT! 

Just food for thought candi! :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 04:09:54 AM »
I ate chicken and brown rice post-workout for over a year and got great results...........better than my previos shakes with dextrose and creatine monohydrate.

Post-workout shakes are mostly hype by the magazines.

Arnold, and tons of other greats just pounded food after training and they looked incredible.

The more shakes you drink,the more whey you buy,the more money the companies make.

I use whey for conveinience only,but food is just as good and better most of the time,including after training.

I`ve been training a long time and this is from real world experience,not from reading a magazine.

Experiment with it for yourself and see the good results you`ll obtain.

Todays "scientific" shit is still shit.

Keep it simple,it`s not brain surgery.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 08:54:06 AM »
I ate chicken and brown rice post-workout for over a year and got great results...........better than my previos shakes with dextrose and creatine monohydrate.

Post-workout shakes are mostly hype by the magazines.

Arnold, and tons of other greats just pounded food after training and they looked incredible.

The more shakes you drink,the more whey you buy,the more money the companies make.

I use whey for conveinience only,but food is just as good and better most of the time,including after training.

I`ve been training a long time and this is from real world experience,not from reading a magazine.

Experiment with it for yourself and see the good results you`ll obtain.

Todays "scientific" shit is still shit.

Keep it simple,it`s not brain surgery.

quoted for extreme amounts of truth!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 09:03:04 AM »
I think the PWO shake is the most over exxaggerated myth in bodybuilding. Its making things too complicated. There is nothing better than whole food PERIOD.  And out of all the protein sources, id rather have a nice big juicy steak, and there arent too many carb sources better than sweet potatoes. Therefore id choose sweet taters and a juicy steak cooked medium rare post workout!

I dont need no studies or nothing, im going off real life experience, and most guys i talk to that look good dont drink shakes after there workouts, they EAT FOOD! Same with myself, ive been doing that for the past six months or so and the results speak for themselves.

i agree with this but you'd be better off eating a bunch of egg whites or maybe some turkey or chicken and then waiting a couple of hours to have the steak, the lower fat protein sources will digest quicker.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 09:13:10 AM »

Didn't do SHIT for me. :-X

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 09:49:55 AM »
True chicken ,turkey or eggwhites would be a great choice as well.

my main point is people make this bodybuilding thing too difficult and complicated and end up worrying about all the little details and while there worrying about those little details, there bodies havent changed in years time. 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »
flexington,  you do your thing. ill do mine.  ( continued this rhyme after this next paragraph of mine)

but when it comes to a board where we want to spread accurate information. dont preach non sense that is innaccurate and proven to be so, MILLION OF TIMES ALBEIT, when others are showing the light to those who wish to be under such light.

see you at the finish line.

yea im sure your ISSA certification and monthly subscription to MD will always prove me wrong.  ::)