Author Topic: The Last Topic on Postworkout Nutrition  (Read 5103 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: The Last Topic on Postworkout Nutrition
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2008, 09:20:25 PM »
true'r words were never spoken my friend.  A lot of us have full time jobs, kids, a wife, basically RESPONSABILITIES other than our PWO shake.  Most of us do not compete.  I don't know how these guys have time to weigh out there foods, measure their intake of carbs and protien to the exact mg.  I have to get up at 5:30 am just to have time to train, after work is wife/kids/dinner.  I am lucky, i am a desk jockey so i can bring my tuna/chicken to work, but i think a lot of guys on here are full of crap, because if everone on here was as strict as they claim then we'd have 10,000 members @ 7 % all year round. 

haha, maybe the most truthful words ever spoken on getbig!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2008, 01:58:50 AM »
true'r words were never spoken my friend.  A lot of us have full time jobs, kids, a wife, basically RESPONSABILITIES other than our PWO shake.  Most of us do not compete.  I don't know how these guys have time to weigh out there foods, measure their intake of carbs and protien to the exact mg.  I have to get up at 5:30 am just to have time to train, after work is wife/kids/dinner.  I am lucky, i am a desk jockey so i can bring my tuna/chicken to work, but i think a lot of guys on here are full of crap, because if everone on here was as strict as they claim then we'd have 10,000 members @ 7 % all year round. 

Good post, very true.

On the other hand, you have a ot of students / retards / trailer park inhabitants here that don't have better things to do all day than post on getbig where they act like know-it-all-pro-bodybuilders (despite of BEING fat now or at least for some 17 years).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »

This may come as a shock to you, but many of the posters here (including me) have RESPONSIBILITIES, too: school, jobs, wives, kids, etc.

Bill Pearl won 4 Mr. Universe titles (training as early as 3 a.m.) with a full-time job, a wife, and children. Ronnie Coleman won three of his 8 Mr. Olympias, while working full-time as a cop.

The bodybuilders from yesterday and today DID NOT always have sponsorships from supplement companies or contracts with bodybuilding publications. So, most of them made money, to buy their food and supplements, by working regular jobs. As I said in the other thread ("How much protein do you really eat?"), it's about preparation. What stopping you from cooking your food (in bulk) on the weekend and pre-packaging it, so that's it's ready to go, when you get up for work?

If you can't eat solid food in certain situations, what's stopping you from purchasing shakes (weight gainers, MRPs, or protein powders) to consume in its place, during your day job? You said you’re  a "desk jockey". Certainly you can squeeze out 60 seconds of your busy day to tear open a package of MET-Rx/Myoplex/ON Whey Gold Meal, pour it in a shaker, add water, shake, and drink it.

Based on your schedule, I see no reason why your caloric consumption can’t be similar to the following:

- Postworkout shake, immediately after training
- Breakfast at (or on the way to) work
- Protein shake @ 10:00 am
- Lunch @ Noon
- Protein shake @ 2:00 or 3:00 p.m.

That's 5 meals, between the time you finish training to head for work and the time you leave to go home. Dinner with the wife and kids makes a sixth meal. And, if your stomach is up to it, you can have a seventh meal/shake before bed.

Color me crazy, but I don't think that such is an insurmountable task for a self-described "desk jockey".

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2008, 12:32:07 PM »

This may come as a shock to you, but many of the posters here (including me) have RESPONSIBILITIES, too: school, jobs, wives, kids, etc.

Bill Pearl won 4 Mr. Universe titles (training as early as 3 a.m.) with a full-time job, a wife, and children. Ronnie Coleman won three of his 8 Mr. Olympias, while working full-time as a cop.

The bodybuilders from yesterday and today DID NOT always have sponsorships from supplement companies or contracts with bodybuilding publications. So, most of them made money, to buy their food and supplements, by working regular jobs. As I said in the other thread ("How much protein do you really eat?"), it's about preparation. What stopping you from cooking your food (in bulk) on the weekend and pre-packaging it, so that's it's ready to go, when you get up for work?

If you can't eat solid food in certain situations, what's stopping you from purchasing shakes (weight gainers, MRPs, or protein powders) to consume in its place, during your day job? You said you’re  a "desk jockey". Certainly you can squeeze out 60 seconds of your busy day to tear open a package of MET-Rx/Myoplex/ON Whey Gold Meal, pour it in a shaker, add water, shake, and drink it.

Based on your schedule, I see no reason why your caloric consumption can’t be similar to the following:

- Postworkout shake, immediately after training
- Breakfast at (or on the way to) work
- Protein shake @ 10:00 am
- Lunch @ Noon
- Protein shake @ 2:00 or 3:00 p.m.

That's 5 meals, between the time you finish training to head for work and the time you leave to go home. Dinner with the wife and kids makes a sixth meal. And, if your stomach is up to it, you can have a seventh meal/shake before bed.

Color me crazy, but I don't think that such is an insurmountable task for a self-described "desk jockey".

yea ronnie worked a full time job and ate whole food post workout. He only drank one shake a day, first thing in the morning.

And why on earth would u want to drink a shake five times a day when u could be eating whole food and getting better results?? that makes no sense.

The ONLY time a shake should be in someones diet is post workout, if u can eat whole food other times of the day than by all means u should.

Shakes should only be used for convience. NOTHING can replace whole food bro. NOTHING!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2008, 12:46:53 PM »
yea ronnie worked a full time job and ate whole food post workout. He only drank one shake a day, first thing in the morning.

And why on earth would u want to drink a shake five times a day when u could be eating whole food and getting better results?? that makes no sense.

The ONLY time a shake should be in someones diet is post workout, if u can eat whole food other times of the day than by all means u should.

Shakes should only be used for convience. NOTHING can replace whole food bro. NOTHING!

That's funny! I could have sworn Ronnie drank a shake IMMEDIATELY after his workout and gobbled his food (often at "Black Eyed Peas" restaurant) some 30 minutes later.

You just re-emphasized my point. Shakes are used for CONVENIENCE. In my particular case, the mornings are the busiest part of my day and the period where I have the LEAST amount of time to consume regular food. Therefore, rather than skipping meals or short-changing myself, nutrient-wise, I consume shakes to ensure I have the calories and protein I need to grow. As the days slows, I have more time; then I can eat and enjoy my food.

The same goes for my reply to Strength. In my example, three of the meals I listed are shakes, which should be consumed when he claims he has the least amount of time to eat regular food. If he can't dine during his day job, the smart move is to DRINK his calories, until he can manage to get his regular meals down. If he were to follow the schedule I listed, even with his training at 5:30 a.m., he's got 5 meals in his tummy, BEFORE he goes home.

This isn't an issue of whole food vs. shakes/supplements. So, I don't know why you're making it into such. Bottom line is I'm not whining about not having the time to eat. Either I make the time to prepare and eat whole foods early in the day; or, I substitute that with shakes, liver tabs, and protein bars (which are portable and can be downed QUICKLY) and eat my solid meals later. I have chosen the latter and am pleased with the results.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »
i just down an ALN maximus shake.. protien blend, malto-d, ets, etc. GOOD STUFF! I'm curious about WM though. Seems some people love it and others don't see much of a difference. Either way.. eat after a workout and you'll be fine.  ;D

Waxy Maize (at least the one from IDS) tastes like a cross between powdered sugar and chalk.