Author Topic: AtLarge Nutrition Thanksgiving Sale!  (Read 5070 times)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
AtLarge Nutrition Thanksgiving Sale!
« on: November 11, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »
This week: www.atlargenutrition.com

If you haven't tried us yet, now is a great time.  If you already use our products, stock up!

Chris
w

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: AtLarge Nutrition Thanksgiving Sale!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 07:31:58 AM »
BUMP!

not a single person on this board that has tried this stuff has ever said one bad thing about it..i think that's a first for any product on getbig.  For those of you who haven't tried it.. I'd recommend "results" creatine supplement.  Shit's amazing!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 07:34:01 AM »
yes creatine is groundbreaking stuff

bump for creatine!!!
Z

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 07:40:43 AM »

bump for creatine!!!

it's not so much the creatine that makes the product outstanding...it's the way it, and a few other ingredients in the product are delivered and allow for muscle growth and stimulus from NUMEROUS angles. Literally 2 weeks and you'll notice a difference with this product.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 07:42:23 AM »
it's not so much the creatine that makes the product outstanding...it's the way it, and a few other ingredients in the product are delivered and allow for muscle growth and stimulus from NUMEROUS angles. Literally 2 weeks and you'll notice a difference with this product.

Oh yeah... I forgot... the ingredients!

Bump for creatine with other ingredients !!!
Z

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 07:49:16 AM »

bump for creatine!!!
hahahhaa, yes i mean "at larges" creatine has to be a million times better than all those other supplement companies, right? ::)

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 07:50:42 AM »
hahahhaa, yes i mean "at larges" creatine has to be a million times better than all those other supplement companies, right? ::)
added ergogenics ::)
I am a big baby

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 07:52:08 AM »

which suprises me..with your lifting background that you've never tried anything they offer have you?  ???  I mean all kidding aside when you're not fucking around you actually know what you're talking about from time to time  ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 08:13:14 AM »
which suprises me..with your lifting background that you've never tried anything they offer have you?  ???  I mean all kidding aside when you're not fucking around you actually know what you're talking about from time to time  ;D
come on man, do you REALLY believe that Chris' creatine is vastly better than anyone else's, speak honestly?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »
come on man, do you REALLY believe that Chris' creatine is vastly better than anyone else's, speak honestly?

absolutely...

i've tried mono.. ethyl ester.. muscletech' shit, etc. and didn't like any of them and actually gave up on creatine for awhile and preached it worthless. I had numerous people on the ALN roster tell me they actually USE it and like it like chuck v and big donnie so I gave it a whirl.   I was VERY impressed. I didn't notice it for a few weeks time but once i was one it for about two weeks i noticed a different "feel" when i took it before workouts versus when I didn't. I get this "dulled out" feeling where I don't feel fatigued at all.  I do however notice it when I put an order in late and don't have it for about a weeks time. Recovery both between sets and in general is a big difference to me.

from a muscle physio standpoint.. creatine is a smart move.. and creatine with other proven ingredients makes it that much better. Sure regular creatine mono could work with some grape juice but I've been there and didn't notice shit. I've said it before.. i'd damn near recommend results above protien nowadays

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »
Quaker, he is talking about RESULTS and it is not merely a creatine product.  It contains creatine, beta alanine, and HMB with 80g of dextrose per serving.  All of the dosing is at lab proven levels.  The combination of ingredients provides for both additive and synergistic effects. 

So no, our creatine is Creapure(TM) which is one of the best monohydrates available, but it alone is not significantly better than some other creatines.  RESULTS IS significantly better than ANY creatine only product.  FACT.

Chris
w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »
Quaker, he is talking about RESULTS and it is not merely a creatine product.  It contains creatine, beta alanine, and HMB with 80g of dextrose per serving.  All of the dosing is at lab proven levels.  The combination of ingredients provides for both additive and synergistic effects. 

So no, our creatine is Creapure(TM) which is one of the best monohydrates available, but it alone is not significantly better than some other creatines.  RESULTS IS significantly better than ANY creatine only product.  FACT.

Chris

post the research supporting your products and dosages etc...

what do you mean by lab proven? do you mean in vivo? most research with supplementation is carried on outside the lab. Looks like a decent product without alot of filler ingredients.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 05:13:28 AM »
"RESULTS IS significantly better than ANY creatine only product.  FACT." this is quite a bold statement...

Z

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 04:05:32 PM »

Chris

You should make this without the dextrose.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 05:01:31 PM »
bump for chris's response wrt his company claims.

Could you post the research on your supplement or whatever you have/had to make the decisions?

i would appreciate it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 05:22:01 PM »
I'd appreciate it too, there's been hundreds of Creatine mixes over the years, for this to be better than them all it must be quite the formula...
Z

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »
ive looked over at large products and they are legit and dont put any fillers or useless nonsense or underdose or overdose.

quality well thought products

my only beef= the price

i can get the same thing other places for cheaper, just without a name brand and fancy label

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »
post the research supporting your products and dosages etc...

what do you mean by lab proven? do you mean in vivo? most research with supplementation is carried on outside the lab. Looks like a decent product without alot of filler ingredients.

Look, not to pick on you, but if you are going to make a statement at least have it make some modicum of sense...  What are you talking about "filler" ingredients?  Lol, that has to be the farthest thing from the truth possible.  The product has 4 TOTAL INGREDIENTS.   Yes, 4.  ALL of them are in the product for a specific purpose. 

As for the research, simply do a GOOGLE search or go to Pubmed.com and search them.  You will find plenty of information.

OR, you can simply go the the product page and notice 2 studies referenced.  You can then GOOGLE those studies as just a couple of examples.  Here is the page: http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=23

Yes, I am speaking of research with real live humans.  Not rats.  Not mice.  Not in a dish. 

w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 06:33:47 PM »
I'd appreciate it too, there's been hundreds of Creatine mixes over the years, for this to be better than them all it must be quite the formula...

Bluto, spend a few minutes online doing something other than posting utter nonsense on Getbig and do the research I mentioned above.  Unless you are a fool, or have a reading comprehension problem, you will agree it is a solid product. 
w

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 06:43:20 PM »
Bluto, spend a few minutes online doing something other than posting utter nonsense on Getbig and do the research I mentioned above.  Unless you are a fool, or have a reading comprehension problem, you will agree it is a solid product. 

Maybe youre the one with a reading comprehension problem? Necrosis said: "Looks like a decent product without alot of filler ingredients."
Z

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 06:52:33 PM »
Maybe youre the one with a reading comprehension problem? Necrosis said: "Looks like a decent product without alot of filler ingredients."

i was wondering what he was talking about. Usually dreatine mixes have all kinds of shit like nano vapor with its 106 ingredient propriety blend.

dont worry about picking on me chris, im aware of the studies on the individual ingredients of your product, they are decent no doubt about it. Creatine has mountains of research, beta alanine has research also.

thanks.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 07:21:02 PM »
1: J Strength Cond Res. 2007 May;21(2):419-23.Links
Effects of six weeks of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) and HMB/creatine supplementation on strength, power, and anthropometry of highly trained athletes.O'Connor DM, Crowe MJ.
Faculty of Education, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia. d.o'connor@edfac.usyd.edu.au

This study investigated the effects of 6 weeks of dietary supplementation of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) and HMB combined with creatine monohydrate (HMBCr) on the muscular strength and endurance, leg power, and anthropometry of elite male rugby league players. The subjects were divided into a control group (n = 8), a HMB group (n = 11; 3 g.d(-1)) or a HMBCr group (n = 11; 12 g.d(-1) with 3 g HMB, 3 g Cr, 6 g carbohydrates). Three repetition maximum lifts on bench press, deadlifts, prone row, and shoulder press, maximum chin-up repetitions, 10-second maximal cycle test, body mass, girths, and sum of skinfolds were assessed pre- and postsupplementation. Statistical analysis revealed no effect of HMB or HMBCr on any parameter compared with presupplementation measures or the control group. HMB and HMBCr were concluded to have no ergogenic effect on muscular strength and endurance, leg power, or anthropometry when taken orally by highly trained male athletes over 6 weeks.

1: J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2003 Mar;43(1):64-8.Links
Effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate and creatine monohydrate supplementation on the aerobic and anaerobic capacity of highly trained athletes.O'Connor DM, Crowe MJ.
Institute of Sport and Exercise Science, James Cook University, Australia.

AIM: The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of 6 wks oral supplementation of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) and a mixture of HMB and creatine monohydrate (HMBCr) on aerobic and anaerobic capacity in highly trained athletes. It was hypothesised that HMB and HMBCr would have positive effects on aerobic and anaerobic power. METHODS: A prospective study involving a repeated measures design was utilised where subjects underwent testing prior to, and immediately after, a 6 wks supplementation period. Elite, male rugby league players (n=27) were divided into 3 groups, a control group (n=6), a HMB group (3 g/d; n=10) and a HMBCr group (3 g/d HMB + 3 g/d Cr; n=11). Testing involved a multistage fitness test to determine aerobic power and a 60 sec maximal cycle test to determine anaerobic capacity. Peak power, total work and peak lactate levels were measured in the anaerobic cycle test. RESULTS: Two-way repeated measures ANOVA revealed no effect of HMB or HMBCr on any of the measured parameters in comparison to the control group. CONCLUSION: Aerobic and anaerobic ability of highly trained male athletes is unaffected by 6 wks oral supplementation with HMB or a combination of HMB and creatine monohydrate.

1: J Strength Cond Res. 2004 Nov;18(4):747-52.Links
Effects of beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate on power performance and indices of muscle damage and stress during high-intensity training.Hoffman JR, Cooper J, Wendell M, Im J, Kang J.
Department of Health and Exercise Science, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ 08628, USA. Hoffmanj@tcnj.edu

Twenty-six members of a collegiate football team were randomly assigned to either a supplement (S) (3 g of beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate [HMB] per day) or placebo (P) group. Testing occurred before (PRE) and at the end of 10 days of preseason football training camp (POST). During each testing session, subjects performed an anaerobic power test, and blood samples were obtained for testosterone, cortisol, creatine kinase, and myoglobin analysis. No differences in anaerobic power were seen between PRE and POST in either group. Cortisol concentrations were significantly decreased from PRE (333 +/- 81 nmol.L(-1)) to POST (246 +/- 79 nmol.L(-1)), and a sixfold increase was seen in creatine kinase concentrations at POST. However, no significant differences between the groups were seen. No significant time or group effects were observed in testosterone or myoglobin concentrations. Results suggest that short duration HMB supplementation does not provide any ergogenic benefit in collegiate football players during preseason training camp

1: Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Dec;32(12):2109-15. Links
Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate ingestion, Part I: effects on strength and fat free mass.Gallagher PM, Carrithers JA, Godard MP, Schulze KE, Trappe SW.
Human Performance Laboratory, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA.

PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was 1) to determine whether HMB supplementation results in an increase in strength and FFM during 8 wk of resistance training and 2) determine whether a higher dose of HMB provides additional benefits. METHODS: Thirty-seven, untrained, college-aged men were assigned to one of three groups: 0, 38, or 76 mg x kg(-1) x d(-1) of HMB (approximately equal to 3 and 6 g x d(-1), respectively). Resistance training consisted of 10 different exercises performed 3 d x wk(-1) for 8 wk at 80% of 1-repetition maximum (1RM). The 1RM was reevaluated every 2 wk with workloads adjusted accordingly. RESULTS: No differences were observed in 1RM strength among the groups at any time. However, the 38 mg x kg (-1) x d(-1) group showed a greater increase in peak isometric torque than the 0 or 76 mg.kg(-1) x d(-1) groups (P < 0.05). The 76 mg x kg(-1) x d(-1) group had a greater increase in peak isokinetic torque than the 0 or 38 mg x kg(-1) x d(-1) groups at 2.1, -3.15, and -4.2 rad x s(-1) (P < 0.05). Plasma creatine phosphokinase (CPK) activity was greater for the 0 mg x kg(-1) x d(-1) versus the 38 or 76 mg x kg(-1) x d(-1) groups at 48 h after the initial training bout (P < 0.05). In addition, no differences were observed in body fat between the three groups. However, the 38 mg x kg(-1) x d(-1) group exhibited a greater increase in FFM (P < 0.05). CONCLUSIONS: Although the IRM strength gains were not significantly different, HMB supplementation appears to increase peak isometric and various isokinetic torque values, and increase FFM and decrease plasma CPK activity. Lastly, it appears that higher doses of HMB (i.e., > 38 mg x kg(-1) x d(-1)) do not promote strength or FFM gains.

Chris's study for using HMB and creatine combo in his product

Nutrition. 2001 Jul-Aug;17(7-8):558-66. Links
Creatine and beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) additively increase lean body mass and muscle strength during a weight-training program.Jówko E, Ostaszewski P, Jank M, Sacharuk J, Zieniewicz A, Wilczak J, Nissen S.
Institute of Sport and Physical Education, Biala Podlaska, Academy of Physical Education, Warsaw, Poland.

We investigated whether creatine (CR) and beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) act by similar or different mechanisms to increase lean body mass (LBM) and strength in humans undergoing progressive resistance-exercise training. In this double-blind, 3-wk study, subjects (n = 40) were randomized to placebo (PL; n = 10), CR (20.0 g of CR/d for 7 d followed by 10.0 g of CR/d for 14 d; n = 11), HMB (3.0 g of HMB/d; n = 9), or CR-and-HMB (CR/HMB; n = 10) treatment groups. Over 3 wk, all subjects gained LBM, which was assessed by bioelectrical impedance analysis. The CR, HMB and CR/HMB groups gained 0.92, 0.39, and 1.54 kg of LBM, respectively, over the placebo group, with a significant effect with CR supplementation (main effect P = 0.05) and a trend with HMB supplementation (main effect P = 0.08). These effects were additive because there was no interaction between CR and HMB (CR x HMB main effect P = 0.73). Across all exercises, HMB, CR, and CR/HMB supplementation caused accumulative strength increases of 37.5, 39.1, and 51.9 kg, respectively, above the placebo group. The exercise-induced rise in serum creatine phosphokinase was markedly suppressed with HMB supplementation (main effect P = 0.01). However, CR supplementation antagonized the HMB effects on serum creatine phosphokinase (CR x HMB interactive effect P = 0.04). Urine urea nitrogen and plasma urea were not affected by CR supplementation, but both decreased with HMB supplementation (HMB effect P < 0.05), suggesting a nitrogen-sparing effect. In summary, CR and HMB can increase LBM and strength, and the effects are additive. Although not definitive, these results suggest that CR and HMB act by different mechanisms.

1: J Appl Physiol. 1996 Nov;81(5):2095-104. Links
Effect of leucine metabolite beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate on muscle metabolism during resistance-exercise training.Nissen S, Sharp R, Ray M, Rathmacher JA, Rice D, Fuller JC Jr, Connelly AS, Abumrad N.
Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA.

The effects of dietary supplementation with the leucine metabolite beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) were studied in two experiments. In study 1, subjects (n = 41) were randomized among three levels of HMB supplementation (0, 1.5 or 3.0 g HMB/day) and two protein levels (normal, 117 g/day, or high, 175 g/day) and weight lifted for 1.5 h 3 days/wk for 3 wk. In study 2, subjects (n = 28) were fed either 0 or 3.0 g HMB/day and weight lifted for 2-3 h 6 days/wk for 7 wk. In study 1, HMB significantly decreased the exercise-induced rise in muscle proteolysis as measured by urine 3-methylhistidine during the first 2 wk of exercise (linear decrease, P < 0.04). Plasma creatine phosphokinase was also decreased with HMB supplementation (week 3, linear decrease, P < 0.05). Weight lifted was increased by HMB supplementation when compared with the unsupplemented subjects during each week of the study (linear increase, P < 0.02). In study 2, fat-free mass was significantly increased in HMB-supplemented subjects compared with the unsupplemented group at 2 and 4-6 wk of the study (P < 0.05). In conclusion, supplementation with either 1.5 or 3 g HMB/day can partly prevent exercise-induced proteolysis and/or muscle damage and result in larger gains in muscle function associated with resistance training.

1: Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2007 Feb;17(1):56-69.Links
Effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate on aerobic-performance components and body composition in college students.Lamboley CR, Royer D, Dionne IJ.
Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC J1K 2R1 Canada.

The aim of this study was to determine the effects of oral beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) supplementation (3 g/d) on selected components of aerobic performance and body composition of active college students. Subjects were randomly assigned to either an HMB (n=8) or a placebo (PLA) group (n=8) for a 5-wk supplementation period during which they underwent interval training 3 times a week on a treadmill. Aerobic-performance components were measured using a respiratory-gas analyzer. Body composition was determined using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry. After the intervention, there were significant differences (P<0.05) between the 2 groups in gains in maximal oxygen consumption (+8.4% for PLA and +13.4% for HMB). Regarding body composition, there were no significant differences. The authors concluded that HMB supplementation positively affects selected components of aerobic performance in active college students.

1: Curr Sports Med Rep. 2005 Aug;4(4):220-3.Links
Beta-hydroxy-beta-Methylbutyrate and its use in athletics.Palisin T, Stacy JJ.
Department of Family and Sports Medicine, University of South Carolina, 3209 Colonial Drive, Columbia, SC 29223, USA.

Nutritional supplements are widely used by patients and athletes around the world for many different reasons. Many companies are thriving on this billion-dollar industry with little proof that these substances do what they are reported or suggested to do. Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) is a relatively new supplement on the ergogenic landscape. Studies of HMB supplementation have shown minimal gains in strength and lean body mass in specific populations, mainly untrained athletes and patients with wasting syndromes. HMB use in those athletes involved in regular high-intensity exercise has not been proven to be beneficial when multiple variables are evaluated. Unlike other ergogenics, with HMB no adverse events have been reported in association with short-term use. Despite these findings, HMB cannot be recommended as an ergogenic until further studies in larger groups reproduce early data. This review summarizes current literature on HMB, and provides the reader with information to better educate and treat patients and athletes.

Chris's other study

1: Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2006 Aug;16(4):430-46.Links
Effect of creatine and beta-alanine supplementation on performance and endocrine responses in strength/power athletes.Hoffman J, Ratamess N, Kang J, Mangine G, Faigenbaum A, Stout J.
Dept. of Health and Exercise Science, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ 08628, USA.

The effects of creatine and creatine plus beta-alanine on strength, power, body composition, and endocrine changes were examined during a 10-wk resistance training program in collegiate football players. Thirty-three male subjects were randomly assigned to either a placebo (P), creatine (C), or creatine plus beta-alanine (CA) group. During each testing session subjects were assessed for strength (maximum bench press and squat), power (Wingate anaerobic power test, 20-jump test), and body composition. Resting blood samples were analyzed for total testosterone, cortisol, growth hormone, IGF-1, and sex hormone binding globulin. Changes in lean body mass and percent body fat were greater (P < 0.05) in CA compared to C or P. Significantly greater strength improvements were seen in CA and C compared to P. Resting testosterone concentrations were elevated in C, however, no other significant endocrine changes were noted. Results of this study demonstrate the efficacy of creatine and creatine plus beta-alanine on strength performance. Creatine plus beta-alanine supplementation appeared to have the greatest effect on lean tissue accruement and body fat composition.

I'll get to beta alanine later, but there is some research for members of the board to have a look at and decide. I will say that studies with multiple variables usually require more follow up research as good as anova's are, single treatment groups usually derive the best statistical certainty and you can have a higher power.

thanks for the response chris.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 07:11:17 PM »

Lol, ok, I stand correct.  I am the idiot with reading comprehension problems.  You win this one.   :)
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 07:12:24 PM »
i was wondering what he was talking about. Usually dreatine mixes have all kinds of shit like nano vapor with its 106 ingredient propriety blend.

dont worry about picking on me chris, im aware of the studies on the individual ingredients of your product, they are decent no doubt about it. Creatine has mountains of research, beta alanine has research also.

thanks.

I'm so used to being attacked by the trolls on this board I misread your post.  My apologies.

Chris
w

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 09:12:52 AM »
I'm so used to being attacked by the trolls on this board I misread your post.  My apologies.

Chris
Business alittle slow these days.
I am a big baby