Author Topic: how much cholesterol is too much?  (Read 5136 times)

nodeal

• Getbig III
how much cholesterol is too much?
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:32:41 AM »
i tend to love and crave foods with high cholesterol, especially red meat and eggs!!!!! how much cholesterol is too much? are there different variables that affect how much is ok to consume such as how active you are, how the rest of your diet looks, etc?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: how much cholesterol is too much?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:43:08 AM »
dietary cholstrol isnt unhealthy. in fatc its quite "health promoting" as it is used for synthesis of the bodies hormones.

eatign cholestrol isnt wha gives you poor cholestrol ratings. but if you have poor cholestrol ratijngs, then dietary cholestrol is a problem. thats why people with poor choletrol get drugs to block absorbtion of dietary cholestrl. what causes poor cholestrol levels, from a dietary standpoint, is processed carbs/simple sugars, possible saturated fat, and overeating.

if you eat healthy bodybuilding foods and eat in moderation (you dont binge), you will not have to worry about dietary cholestrol, ever, as youll neve have poor cholestrol, (unless your genetically pre-disposed)

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »
dietary cholstrol isnt unhealthy. in fatc its quite "health promoting" as it is used for synthesis of the bodies hormones.

eatign cholestrol isnt wha gives you poor cholestrol ratings. but if you have poor cholestrol ratijngs, then dietary cholestrol is a problem. thats why people with poor choletrol get drugs to block absorbtion of dietary cholestrl. what causes poor cholestrol levels, from a dietary standpoint, is processed carbs/simple sugars, possible saturated fat, and overeating.

if you eat healthy bodybuilding foods and eat in moderation (you dont binge), you will not have to worry about dietary cholestrol, ever, as youll neve have poor cholestrol, (unless your genetically pre-disposed)

what drugs block the absorption of cholesterol? if eating cholesterol isnt what gives you poor cholesterol ratings, then what are the adverse effects of a diet that is high in cholesterol consumption?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »
i tend to love and crave foods with high cholesterol, especially red meat and eggs!!!!! how much cholesterol is too much? are there different variables that affect how much is ok to consume such as how active you are, how the rest of your diet looks, etc?

Dietary cholesterol has little to do with blood cholesterol.  The biggest influence on blood cholesterol level are genetics and the mix of fats in your diet - not the amount of cholesterol you eat from food.  
:

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:50:46 AM »
there isnt any adverse effects in healthy individuals.

besides increased test, gh, igf-1.. ;)

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »

Dietary cholesterol has little to do with blood cholesterol.  The biggest influence on blood cholesterol level are genetics and the mix of fats in your diet - not the amount of cholesterol you eat from food.  

so is there any link between daily consumption of high levels of cholesterol and poor health?? are there any negative effects from consuming a lot of cholesterol?

there isnt any adverse effects in healthy individuals.

besides increased test, gh, igf-1.. ;)

so youre saying...if diet is good, cholesterol is no problem? does this mean i can eat many eggs every day and i dont have to throw away 2 out of every 3 yolks?? are you sure youre not trying to kill me?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 11:58:56 AM »
so is there any link between daily consumption of high levels of cholesterol and poor health?? are there any negative effects from consuming a lot of cholesterol?

so youre saying...if diet is good, cholesterol is no problem? does this mean i can eat many eggs every day and i dont have to throw away 2 out of every 3 yolks?? are you sure youre not trying to kill me?
yup that s what im syaing.

in fact dietary chjolestrol is a greatly beneficial for a natural lifter. increases testosterone. and also ..other stuff=

http://mesomorphosis.com/articles/dharkam/cholesterol-and-muscle-growth.htm

Blood cholesterol level on muscle growth

Subjects with serum cholesterol lower than 178 mg/dl did not experienced much growth (+300 g of lean mass). When serum cholesterol was above 238 mg/dl, lean mass increased an average of 2.3 kg. The correlation between serum cholesterol and strength gains is statistically weaker. Subjects with low cholesterol level experienced an increase of 37% Vs 70% for subjects with high levels.

Muscle growth is positively correlated with blood cholesterol level.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 12:51:33 PM »
Like stated in some post above, your genetic makeup will determine how high your cholesterol level is much more than anything you could possibly eat.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 12:40:09 AM »
People look at me and think my cholesterol is high but i have never had a total reading of over 138 and I am usually around 120 and my last was 118.  I remember way back in the late 70's when I was doing the drinking a dozen eggs at a time and going to restaurants and ordering raw eggs my doctor told me I would never have a cholesterol problem.  How did he know that way back then.  Is it good that my cholesterol is that low.