Author Topic: Straight Arginine  (Read 3503 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Straight Arginine
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:37:32 AM »
Anyone using just straight Arginine instead of using an NO2 type product like Nitrix etc etc?

Results?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Straight Arginine
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 06:52:39 AM »
Nope!! It's often too expensive.

Usually I get Body Fortress' NOS product (the AAKG pills) for $10.

More recently, I saw GAT's NO pills (SonicPump, I think is the name) on clearance at Vitamin Shoppe for $23. If there are still some left, I may pick that up.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 07:42:26 AM »
Nope!! It's often too expensive.

Usually I get Body Fortress' NOS product (the AAKG pills) for $10.

More recently, I saw GAT's NO pills (SonicPump, I think is the name) on clearance at Vitamin Shoppe for $23. If there are still some left, I may pick that up.

What?!  Straight arg is less expensive by far.  You can get a huge tub of it for cheap.  Tastes like piss though

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:04:49 AM »
Yeah it tastes very bad. Get pills imo, no powder. Take 2-3 grams before workout with a cup of coffee, great pumps.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 10:18:57 AM »
Yeah it tastes very bad. Get pills imo, no powder. Take 2-3 grams before workout with a cup of coffee, great pumps.

yep.  However pills are more expensive than the powder. 

GNC makes capsule of 1 gram each.  I think they're like 20 bucks a bottle with the second bottle half price.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »
Yes you can get Arginine pills- 1 gram per pill for a lot cheaper than an N02 type product.  As many of us can figure out, the marketing and advertising world will take a little science and stretch it a lot. 

My body responds well to pumps from Arginine.  Can't say that taking expensive N02 products did anything more than Arginine alone. 

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
Oh and as for the results.  Arginine can give you a good "pump".  Its a cosmetic thing.  Never experienced any strenght or muscle gains. 

Problem you often hear and I have experienced is that the pumps fade eventually.  Product just doesnt work for long. 

The only product I have heard from more than one person that experience delayed type pumps is Gaspari's Plasma Jet.  I've never tried it myself so I don't know but I might give it a try.  Its a bit unconvential in the sense that you take a 10 cap blister back all at once and only do it 4 days per week.  Most NO products you have to take multiple times per day. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »
What?!  Straight arg is less expensive by far.  You can get a huge tub of it for cheap.  Tastes like piss though

Why would you take the powder straight? I have no doubt it tastes awful, as that's the case with plain creatine. I took that once with just water, after forgetting my lemonade. I'll NEVER do that again.

Besides, other than the Body Fortress type, the only time I get NO products cheap is when GNC or Vitamin Shoppe mark it down for clearance.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 01:48:54 PM »
Why would you take the powder straight? I have no doubt it tastes awful, as that's the case with plain creatine. I took that once with just water, after forgetting my lemonade. I'll NEVER do that again.

Besides, other than the Body Fortress type, the only time I get NO products cheap is when GNC or Vitamin Shoppe mark it down for clearance.

BC it's much cheaper to buy the straight powder than pill/capsule form. 

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 02:17:33 PM »
Arginine tastes very very bad. I dont think you can get rid of the bad taste if you mix it with lemonade or something.. :( You can buy 100*1g caps from puritansale for 8$.
If you train 4 times a weak and takes 3g, its a 2 month supply.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 07:00:18 PM »
BC it's much cheaper to buy the straight powder than pill/capsule form. 

I wasn't referring to powder vs. pills or capsules. I meant why would you take it straight (i.e. with water) vs. taking it with, say, lemonade (as I used to do, when I took plain creatine).

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 06:25:13 AM »
When i say "straight" arg, i'm referring to it's basic form...  not an NO2 product.

WHen i used to take the straight powder, it was awful.  Very chemically tasting.  But did the job.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 08:20:24 AM »
If you can handle taking a teaspoon of straight Arginine powder without puking you're the man.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »
Decent price for a decent product.
Also decent…
...well…
If you’re a guy, you’ll find one more place to hang your wet towel.

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_tl001.htm

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 11:16:19 AM »
Decent price for a decent product.
Also decent…
...well…
If you’re a guy, you’ll find one more place to hang your wet towel.

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_tl001.htm

Not bad but you're only going to get about 15 servings out of it. Just buy a pound of arginine powder & drink it with some Crystal Light. A pound should give you 85-90 5 gram servings.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »
^^ Agree.
I was just suggesting that Twinlab's was a reasonable price in reference to it being capsulated.
Guess I should have written that. ;D

Do you consume yours strictly pre-w.o.?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »
^^ Agree.
I was just suggesting that Twinlab's was a reasonable price in reference to it being capsulated.
Guess I should have written that. ;D

Do you consume yours strictly pre-w.o.?

I've these little Nalgen bottles (4 ounce) that I fill up with the following:
2.5 grams of L-Arginine
1.25 grams of L-Arginine Ethyl Ester
1.25 grams of AAKG
1.25 grams of DiArginine Malate
& a packet of Crystal Light

I consume one about 15 minutes before training.

I can feel the difference when I take this & when I don't (& so can some people I train with on occasions - strength from getbig is one person I train with from time to time so he can tell you they work).

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 02:22:12 PM »
Nice.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »
Anyone using just straight Arginine instead of using an NO2 type product like Nitrix etc etc?

Results?
dont put that stuff in your "pee hole" :o

bench

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 11:28:07 AM »
I HAVE TRIED SUPER CHARGED BY LABRADA VERY GOOD LIL COSTLY BUT GOOD,THEN I HAVE USED OLYMPIA LABS AAKG 9.00 US CAN'T GO WRONG THERE,NOW I USE CAPS AAKG MAX OVERDRIVE BY SIX STAR A MUSCLETECH OFF BRAND GOOD PRODUCT..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »
When i say "straight" arg, i'm referring to it's basic form...  not an NO2 product.

WHen i used to take the straight powder, it was awful.  Very chemically tasting.  But did the job.

I've never used the straight powder. It's been either the capsules (AAKG) or an NO product like NO-XPLODE, NO Fury, or Nano Vapor.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »

Results?

I took massive doses of pure arginine years ago and didn't get anything from it. Nothing. I didn't get anything from NO2 either. It is pretty much a marketing scam. The one thing that did work for me was glutamine in massive doses on an empty stomach in the morning. My muscles definitely got bigger and felt fuller. I don't know if glutamine increases protein synthesis itself or if I got this because it causes GH release. My skin and hair did get better, so maybe it does release GH.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 02:12:37 AM »
You can take straight arginine, but it has to be on an empty stomach to have any sort of effectiveness, otherwise it will simply act like any other protein. You can try mixing it with Crystal light, koolaid whatever... to no avail. It will still taste gawdawful. there is just no covering up that taste. Unless your arginine is attached to a low glycemic rider that will direct it to the correct isoform pathway... you're better off not taking it. the gains will not outweigh the damage you will do. The risks associated with unregulated arginine are myriad and have been well publicized by myself in this forum, as well as two years later in the JAMA where one study had to be halted due to the deaths of a few of it's participants. Fancy that, ...I scooped JAMA by two years.  ;)
w