Author Topic: Soda Consumption  (Read 1694 times)

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
Soda Consumption
« on: July 10, 2012, 02:56:40 PM »
I ran across this poster image in Facebook so I reposted it for informational/discussion purposes.  I don't have a problenm with consuming an occasional one now and then.

Armani

• Getbig II
Re: Soda Consumption
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:57:27 PM »
*some of these issues would be alleviated by drinking the diet version obviously

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 09:32:27 PM »
Just drink water

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:28:27 PM »
I drink lots of soda.....mostly the diet kind...I drink about 90% diet soda, 10% sugar soda...I want to quit soda entirely so bad...but can't go more than a day or two without it..its an addiction......

cue the "pussy" posts

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »
Pour a can of Coke over some corroded battery terminals and you'd probably never drink another soda again, diet or otherwise.
:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »
Pour a can of Coke over some corroded battery terminals and you'd probably never drink another soda again, diet or otherwise.

Salt can destroy a car, yet our bodies need salt. 

Armani

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:05:46 PM »
Hi Loco.  I am "the Artist Formerly Known as MidniteRambo" LOL.  I recall your wit from back in the day.  That's a good point about many foods containing compounds which in certain settings/conditions/proportions could hurt us, but we eat or drink without (too much) injury.  It still sort of begs the question of whether it is an overall negative or a neutral factor in overall health.  I think the image I posted above is probably a little too hysteric.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
Hi Loco.  I am "the Artist Formerly Known as MidniteRambo" LOL.  I recall your wit from back in the day.  That's a good point about many foods containing compounds which in certain settings/conditions/proportions could hurt us, but we eat or drink without (too much) injury.  It still sort of begs the question of whether it is an overall negative or a neutral factor in overall health.  I think the image I posted above is probably a little too hysteric.

What's up, MidniteRambo?  I remember you too!    ;D

Armani,

I don't disagree with your posted image or with Princess that too much soda is bad for us.  I personally drink one Coke Zero or Pepsi Max on weekends.  Any other day I drink lots of water with a little MIO and 2-3 cups of Colombian coffee with Splenda and a little hot cocoa mix(no sugar added) .  But I know many bodybuilders who use diet soda just to get them through their pre-contest diet and to satisfy their sweet tooth, and they are very lean and very healthy as far I as know.

My point above is that just because soda can be used to remove corrosion from a car battery, it does not necessarily mean that it is bad for us to consume.  Hence my salt example.      :)

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 12:36:42 PM »
I just avoid soda because it has way too much sugar and useless calories.  The diet stuff to me tastes weird.  Easiest to just drink water,  (organic juice if you want sugar), and keep it simple.   8)

Armani

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 03:28:22 PM »
I just avoid soda because it has way too much sugar and useless calories.  The diet stuff to me tastes weird.  Easiest to just drink water,  (organic juice if you want sugar), and keep it simple.   8)

Keeping it simple is often half the battle.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 08:13:55 AM »

Do I need to use regular Coke?  I have a hose attachement stuck on my hose that I'm trying to get off and a rusty wrench I'm trying to clean.  I used Diet 7up yesterday...the wrench is looking better but my hose attachment still won't budge.
R

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »

Or a dirty penny

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »
Do I need to use regular Coke?  I have a hose attachement stuck on my hose that I'm trying to get off and a rusty wrench I'm trying to clean.  I used Diet 7up yesterday...the wrench is looking better but my hose attachment still won't budge.

Spray WD40 all over hose attachment, use a long crescent wrench or channel locks. If it still doesn't move tap the wrench with a hammer

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 02:18:47 PM »
Do I need to use regular Coke?  I have a hose attachement stuck on my hose that I'm trying to get off and a rusty wrench I'm trying to clean.  I used Diet 7up yesterday...the wrench is looking better but my hose attachment still won't budge.

I think my dad used regular Coke back in the day - straight - not Pepsi, not 7-Up... (Might melt rubber seals  ???).  You could also try baking soda and vinegar (I think).

I remember trying to mix drinks (probably rum & coke) as a passenger in a car back in high school.  The coke spilled in my lap when the driver shifted.  My Levis turned a funky shade of rust and the denim frayed to nothing.
: