Author Topic: Who will agree with me in saying Lee Haney is the best bodybuilder of all time?  (Read 23102 times)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
 1991 Mr Olympia Haney close to 250lbs and Arnold anywhere from 235-240lbs in 1973 at the Olympia

johnny1

• Getbig IV
A Few all time greats of BB

Fortress

• Getbig V
Haney definitely deserves to have been Mr. Olympia, unlike several other "winners".

Lee didn't have anything that stood out, but as a whole physique, he was AWESOME. TotaLee awesome.

Plus, as has been said, the man is a fine man. I have shared dinner with him and he is classy, friendly and intelligent.

Whether he is the best is a matter of opinion. But without question is his superiority amongst a vast majority of bodybuilders who have competed as professionals in the IFBB.

I'd rank him as one of the O's greatest titleholders, no doubt.

In many ways, top level bodybuilding has only gotten worse since Lee's reign. The man carried a lot of muscle and presented it with desirable aesthetics. When you consider the limitations of what he likely took in comparison to what guys do today, he is remarkable.

Lee kicks ass.    

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Haney definitely deserves to have been Mr. Olympia, unlike several other "winners".

Lee didn't have anything that stood out, but as a whole physique, he was AWESOME. TotaLee awesome.

Plus, as has been said, the man is a fine man. I have shared dinner with him and he is classy, friendly and intelligent.

Whether he is the best is a matter of opinion. But without question is his superiority amongst a vast majority of bodybuilders who have competed as professionals in the IFBB.

I'd rank him as one of the O's greatest titleholders, no doubt.

In many ways, top level bodybuilding has only gotten worse since Lee's reign. The man carried a lot of muscle and presented it with desirable aesthetics. When you consider the limitations of what he likely took in comparison to what guys do today, he is remarkable.

Lee kicks ass.    

Lee's Back in person is what really separated him from anyone in the line up. When Lee turned around, it was easy to see why he won all those Olympia's. The man was massive in person. Sometimes pictures really don't do him justice because he was so balanced. Dorian followed suit when he turned around on stage it was lights out and of course when Ronnie turned around it was all over. Today's Olympia's not so much.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
imo haney was the only guy who won the olympia more than 4 times and deserved all his wins!!..

i am not sure about arnold because i didnt see enough pics./videos of his contests to make a personal opinion but many ppl believe he was not the best on stage in one or 2 years.. but still i am excluding him here as i have not made an opinion..

dorian didnt deserve to win his last 2 olympias..

ronnie for me deserved to win 4-5 times maximum and some of them because he didnt face real competition!!.. he didnt win in a convincing way except 3 times, and they are of course 98, 99, and, 2003..

jay didnt deserve to win in 2007 for sure and may be 2010 too..

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
These two pics of these two guys show me how great they are. Just look at the resemblance in the pose. This is Ronnie at the 1998 NOC. What year was this Haney pic taken at and does anyone know each guys weight in these pics?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
These two pics of these two guys show me how great they are. Just look at the resemblance in the pose. This is Ronnie at the 1998 NOC. What year was this Haney pic taken at and does anyone know each guys weight in these pics?

lee could be the best ever in this pose..

johnny1

• Getbig IV
That picture of Lee is from the 1985 MR O where he weighed (give or take a pound) 245lbs, Ronnie believe it or not was in the same range (@ that stage 1998) as Haney in between 240-248lbs