Author Topic: Suicide - would you ever consider it?  (Read 29172 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Suicide - would you ever consider it?
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »
I used to talk to a close friend about being depressed and he used to say:

"Put a rubber band around your head and snap yourself out of it" !

If only it was that easy,everybody would feel great all of the time.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2012, 10:31:39 AM »
No two brains are alike. Hell, 1 out of every 24 people who walk the Earth are said to be considered sociopaths. Which means they don't have the ability to have real empathy toward anyone. Imagine being born without having the ability to give a shit about anyone's feelings. They say these people control the world. Politicians, Bankers, CEO's etc.

Now if a sociopath killed himself, which many do, how in the world could he/she ever understand that its a selfish act if these people don't have the ability to give a shit about anyone but themselves?

The human brain is amazing. And death itself can fucked up a loved one regardless of how it comes. The problem with most societies on Earth are we are trying to beat death. When in fact, death is natural and should be embraced.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
If you have a terminal, painful illness, i'm ok with it as long as it's well thought out with family etc.  I guess I beleve in euthanasia Kevorkian style.

The random idiot who offs himself because he lost his job, etc. is a moron. 

It's selfish and affects so many people. 

dustin

« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »

If only it were that easy...

I don't want to sound like a hypochondriac but I think I'm probably bipolar. I otherwise love life and have a pretty damn good one, but then there are challenges that I encounter that bring me down so much. They are some pretty heavy problems, but they bring me down, down, down.

The thing that brings me up though is stuff like family and friends. When you're feeling down, sometimes a kind gesture or a good talk can raise your spirits 110%. Our minds are fascinating the way they work. I try reminding myself that I can feel "up" just as easily. But there are still some things I struggle with. The migraines in particular... they can torture me for days on end and that's usually when I think of putting a bullet through my head.

If I ever did that, I'd film it and be a martyr for those who have a chronic illness. I'd leave a message to say that THIS should illustrate just how real chronic neurological pain is. A glass of water or a good nights sleep doesn't fix a migraine like so many fucking ignorant pricks suggest. That would show them they're wrong... but it'd carry the ultimate price tag.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »
As long as we have people on earth who are so stubborn and naive to believe that Mental Illness doesn't really exist and every brain is basically the same, we will continue to have a pathetic society with closeted lying homo's like Tom Cruise getting a major voice to the public at large.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
Re: Suicide
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2013, 02:02:34 PM »
I absolutely do. Sometimes I think it may be an only solution to end the darkness.

When the darkness takes control of your life and you are left with nothing in return but only lost opportunities, broken relationships and dreams and always the endless, exhausting confusion...what can you do?

Stuck in shit end jobs, sucking up to people you want to kill, angry at yourself for the direction your life is in knowing that the darkness will always lead you back to the dead end no matter how many times you try to see a better life.

When your heart and soul is full of tar there is no other option.

Life is very hard to deal with when you are truly unhappy...
^^
LIVE for working out, develop a tremendous healthy sex life!!!!

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2013, 02:03:52 PM »

^^
WHERE the hell have you been, BRO?????

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2013, 02:04:54 PM »
I always say if someone finds me dead with a suicide note next to me, I didn't write it.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2013, 02:08:48 PM »
Russian roulette is the way to go

Either way you are a winner.

all drugs - TPPIIP

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2013, 04:30:29 PM »
Russian roulette is the way to go

Either way you are a winner.

actually you are talking about suicide bombing, where if i lose, we all lose

roulette is def a cool way to go out though lol.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »
Everyone has probably thought of it or killing someone....but hardly anyone acts on it.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »
Everyone has probably thought of it or killing someone....but hardly anyone acts on it.

sure they do. probably lots of suicides on this site, maybe a few killers among us too

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2013, 06:03:52 PM »
Lots of fucked up people in this thread. Really says something about this board.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »
Lots of fucked up people in this thread. Really says something about this board.

Not the board, but the sport of bodybuilding and the people it attracts and are surrounded with.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Suicide
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2013, 11:31:52 PM »
Any-one who says that they have NEVER, suffered from depression, is a fucking fraud.
I don't care who you are, or how good you got it, nothing keeps us happy. It is an affliction that we are born with, being human.
The human condition, no words can truly capture it.

PT

Dude there is a huge difference between depressed and not feeling too happy today, it's not even in the same ballpark. That's the reason why most healthy people don't understand why you can kill yourself when you are depressed. You cannot just cheer yourself up with a little treat when depressed it's not like you see sense at the time, it just feels fucking awful and the difference is you feel awful inside. I have never been depressed but I had a panic attack once where I had the feeling I was 100% alone on this planet, it was the most lonely and gut wrenching feeling I ever had and it passed in under 5 min but I somebody feels like that everyday.... I understand why ending it would sound like a good idea.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2013, 11:33:29 PM »

I think about death everyday.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2013, 11:34:54 PM »
actually you are talking about suicide bombing, where if i lose, we all lose

roulette is def a cool way to go out though lol.

If you use a revolver yea not a semi automatic, THAT'S called stupidity

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2013, 11:36:52 PM »
even in the darkest hour, i love my "G" too much.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »
even if you want to die why do it? we die late on anyway. life ain't that long (until life extension technology makes a breakthrough at least).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2013, 11:59:39 PM »
It is truly sad when someone feels so hopeless that death seems like the only way out. Some people who attempt suicide are screaming for attention, and they often feel sorry for themselves. At their core they probably don't really want to die. Unfortunately, many do anyway. As far as I know, once you are dead there is no coming back.

There is more then one type of suicide. There's the dramatic type where someone shoots them self or takes a swan dive off a highrise or the kind of slow suicide where someone drinks them self to death over a long period of time or eats them self obese.

If consuming mass amounts of PEDs causes death as some propose it does, then the bodybuilding lifestyle is a form of slow suicide.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2013, 05:38:02 AM »
I had a running feud with a club bouncer. One day this bouncer sets 4 people onto me. I wind up in the hospital. For the next few weeks I was consumed with how I would get revenge on him. Then I hear he has hung himself.

I have thought about it a lot and I doubt I contributed to his decision. But it does make you wonder about peoples thought process.

If I was going to kill myself I would first drain my bank account and go on a huge bender. If I survived that, then take out a mortgage and go on an even bigger bender.
P

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2013, 05:53:58 AM »
I had a running feud with a club bouncer. One day this bouncer sets 4 people onto me. I wind up in the hospital. For the next few weeks I was consumed with how I would get revenge on him. Then I hear he has hung himself.

I have thought about it a lot and I doubt I contributed to his decision. But it does make you wonder about peoples thought process.

If I was going to kill myself I would first drain my bank account and go on a huge bender. If I survived that, then take out a mortgage and go on an even bigger bender.
Leaving Las Vegas Auckland.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:29 AM »

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2013, 07:08:50 AM »

You pissed someone off so much he sent 4 people after you- mark of the true getbigger :)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2013, 07:09:56 AM »
Leaving Las Vegas Auckland.

My neighbor, 46 year old dude, drank himself to death. Evidently he was downing a half gallon of vodka a day and went to the hospital with stomach problems or whatever. Anyway, he had. 20% liver function and still didn't stop. Fucking moron, he had kids.