Author Topic: tom platz training techniques  (Read 1428 times)

blackbillions

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
tom platz training techniques
« on: April 30, 2009, 03:20:42 AM »
did tom platz train his entire body with the same intensity that he trained his legs?

do you think the reason he trained his legs so hard was partly psychological(he knew his legs were his best body parts so he trined them harder)

was his pain threshold for training his legs genetic or do you think we can all put in that type of effort or is it a bad idea to try?

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: tom platz training techniques
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 03:28:19 AM »
yes

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 03:30:55 AM »

io856

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:33:41 AM »

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 03:42:54 AM »
Its a little known fact that Ferrigno was directly involved in Platz's success in developing his quads to their max. In above pic Lou is clearly advising Tom on what he needs to work on, and how.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 03:44:15 AM »
did tom platz train his entire body with the same intensity that he trained his legs?

do you think the reason he trained his legs so hard was partly psychological(he knew his legs were his best body parts so he trined them harder)

was his pain threshold for training his legs genetic or do you think we can all put in that type of effort or is it a bad idea to try?

yes to all..

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:09 AM »

1. Yes
2. No, he had sucky legs growing up and when he went to thay gym in michagan, the olympic squatters there made him squat hard. 135 was welded onto the bar.
3. Anybody can train hard.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 06:56:21 AM »

Ironically the best quads ever came with a guy who had a very average upper body!!..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 07:01:24 AM »
Ironically the best quads ever came with a guy who had a very average upper body!!..
tom had no limitations to pain,resistance threshold to his legs and receptors slow/fast twitch fibers were tapped full of grade a muscle,the rest of him say arms had less and no matter how many super sets,drops,negatives totally different response.he was a trainer's trainer tho and was intense i will give him that.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 07:10:18 AM »
tom had no limitations to pain,resistance threshold to his legs and receptors slow/fast twitch fibers were tapped full of grade a muscle,the rest of him say arms had less and no matter how many super sets,drops,negatives totally different response.he was a trainer's trainer tho and was intense i will give him that.

I read before that he once squatted for 10 minutes continuously using his body weight only!!.. but aside of his hard legs workouts I am still sure he reached this level with his quads mainly because of his upnormal genetics in this area.. any other serious pro. with the same genetics in his quads would achieve the same thing.. 

Imagine if he came in the current years!!  we would have seen unbelievable legs, above anyone’s expectations!!..

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 07:14:25 AM »
average upper body ?

jeesh

I wanna be average then

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 07:16:48 AM »
I read before that he once squatted for 10 minutes continuously using his body weight only!!.. but aside of his hard legs workouts I am still sure he reached this level with his quads mainly because of his upnormal genetics in this area.. any other serious pro. with the same genetics in his quads would achieve the same thing.. 

Imagine if he came in the current years!!  we would have seen unbelievable legs, above anyone’s expectations!!..

hearsay is only what i'm going on there were stories eating pizza before training,squatting 315 till passing out blood on neck ,then snap two and continue on and on.

razzle

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 07:20:40 AM »
Crazy genetics plus a lot of hard work and little ergognic help.......

"but aside of his hard legs workouts I am still sure he reached this level with his quads mainly because of his upnormal genetics in this area.."

upnormal????? Try abnormal. It's a real word. ???

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 07:34:25 AM »
average upper body ?

jeesh

I wanna be average then

For some one like you of course he had a great upper body but I am comparing him to the other top pros of his time he was not at the same level.. and also his great lower body overshadowed his upper body.. he still had a great back but his arms and shoulders were relatively small.. check this picture?..
when I first saw his pictures I was very young (I was about 14 years old) and I had not experience at all to judge bodies but I noticed that there was something wrong in his structure, something weak in his upper body that didn’t go right with his HUGE and detailed quads!!..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 07:35:48 AM »
Crazy genetics plus a lot of hard work and little ergognic help.......

"but aside of his hard legs workouts I am still sure he reached this level with his quads mainly because of his upnormal genetics in this area.."

upnormal????? Try abnormal. It's a real word. ???

sorry english is my 7th language  :-X

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 07:53:28 AM »
For some one like you of course he had a great upper body but I am comparing him to the other top pros of his time he was not at the same level.. and also his great lower body overshadowed his upper body.. he still had a great back but his arms and shoulders were relatively small.. check this picture?..
when I first saw his pictures I was very young (I was about 14 years old) and I had not experience at all to judge bodies but I noticed that there was something wrong in his structure, something weak in his upper body that didn’t go right with his HUGE and detailed quads!!..

THATS a cool pic.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 08:02:45 AM »

yea tom squatted his bodyweight (225) for 10 minutes straight. He said this in a seminar.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 08:16:40 AM »
yea tom squatted his bodyweight (225) for 10 minutes straight. He said this in a seminar.

this means the loaded weight on his legs was about 112.5 pounds?? ;D