Author Topic: ****watch how fast Obama's poll numbers fall now***  (Read 4662 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: ****watch how fast Obama's poll numbers fall now***
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 11:32:15 AM »
LOL well put

I agree I dont really know if I would agree with alot of ideas thrown out by some 3rd party candidates but shit it cant be much worse then what weve seen in the past and at least they tend to be more center.

If the govt did not get involved in so many areas there would be less to fight about.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 11:33:40 AM »
who do you think sticked it.

Ha ha ok.   ;D   

Actually, this was one of his best interviews yet.  I completely agree with him about the bankers, war, and the need to focus on small and local businesses. 

I am sure you enjoyed the bit about food.   ;D   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »
In a cover story for BusinessWeek earlier this month, reporters Chad Terhune and Keith Epstein argue UnitedHealth and other insurers maneuvered to shape healthcare reform for their own benefit. The story is titled “The Health Insurers Have Already Won,” and the authors argue that the insurers have “succeeded in redefining the terms of the reform debate to such a degree that no matter what specifics emerge in the voluminous bill Congress may send to President Obama this fall, the insurance industry will emerge more profitable.” We speak with Chad Terhune, senior writer at BusinessWeek, where he’s covered healthcare for several years.

BusinessWeek: "The Health Insurers Have Already Won" Democracy Now 8/17/09 1 of 2

BusinessWeek: "The Health Insurers Have Already Won" Democracy Now 8/17/09 2 of 2

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 11:40:54 AM »
It's been my contention for quite some time that we're focused on the wrong villians.  Everyone sits here yelling about corrupt and bad politicians...  Well no fucking shit, they're politicians.  Clearly the honest politician is rare.  We can all agree with that!  So why do we waste our fucking time post after post after post blaming the politician?  They are doing what is in their nature.  We are not likely to ever get 1 of the half a dozen or less honest politicians in the white house.  So what is the logical step?  Clearly if you can't fix the corrupt and bad politicians, we need to fucking target the ones corrupting!!!!  #1 Bankers... Pharmacudicals... Insurance companies... Big agri... on and on... Do we ever go after them?  Hell fucking no.  They might take some heat for a short period of time but we're soon off complaining about the politicians.  That is the worst strategy I've ever heard of.  If this were a war, you cut off the enemy supply routes.  You cut of what enables the enemy.  I'm not talking about killing anyone, I'm talking about keeping the focus solidly on the enablers, the corrupters.  We sit around and tell eachother to fucking write letters to our representitives, the one's who've been corrupted... LOLOL... BRILLIANT... We should not focus on that, we should focus on the media, even if it's just e-mailing leading blogs and holding their feet to the fire on covering it.  The politicians, if they were ever willing to get the message in the first place, will get it even stronger then and the corrupters will have the public eye on them making it much harder to do what they do.
I think what I say here is actually very important.  This has been bugging the fuck out of me for months.  I'm really disgruntled that the people who should have heat on them time and time again manage to avoid it and avoid paying a price for their crimes, corruption and failures.  Sure there are a few scapegoats here and there but nothing serious.  This is what people should focus on.  This is the real enemy.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 11:48:01 AM »
I agree, Celente's interview really hit home. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 11:59:18 AM »
Holy Shit! Check out the comments section on the story over at huffington post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/16/sebelius-public-health-ca_n_260511.html

I think I'm going to be right on this, his approval will drop like a rock.  Obama just pissed off a huge portion of his own base overnight.  Lots of comments like this one:

Noam Chomsky was right when he said there is one party in the house, senate and white house. It is the business party. We've been duped. Never again will I make the mistake to vote for the "lesser of two evils." All that will happen now, when the problem only gets worse because health care costs continue to climb is an even more frighting, hard-line right wing agenda will be put into effect when Obama doesn't get re-elected in 2012. Get ready for the real deal in conservative fascism, when all of the Democrats weak willed attempts to stop the madness are REVERSED and made ten times more like an Ayn Rand nightmare. It's time the third party that supports REAL neo-Keynesian reform, REAL environmentalism, REAL civil rights, and REAL health care promises has its voice heard. The currently hopeless Green Party needs to make an impact in 2012 because it is the only party that isn't owned by the corporate tyrants that have decided for you that you will not have a public option

This comment to me is a feeling among a large portion of the left.  Many of us have been sick and tired and bitched our asses off about our government being by and for the corporation, leaving the people out of the picture.  I have to say that one of the biggest "hopes" we had in Obama was that he not keep us on that path.  That he would not take marching orders from big business.  Well now that we see his true colors loud and clear and he's done it several times already, it's going to sit very sour with the left.  Obama is fucked.  He'll be disliked by the right and the left...

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 12:02:09 PM »
isn't there a percentage of obama voters don't know what the hell is going on anyway?  will they care?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »
Holy Shit! Check out the comments section on the story over at huffington post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/16/sebelius-public-health-ca_n_260511.html

I think I'm going to be right on this, his approval will drop like a rock.  Obama just pissed off a huge portion of his own base overnight.  Lots of comments like this one:

This comment to me is a feeling among a large portion of the left.  Many of us have been sick and tired and bitched our asses off about our government being by and for the corporation, leaving the people out of the picture.  I have to say that one of the biggest "hopes" we had in Obama was that he not keep us on that path.  That he would not take marching orders from big business.  Well now that we see his true colors loud and clear and he's done it several times already, it's going to sit very sour with the left.  Obama is fucked.  He'll be disliked by the right and the left...

Hugo - to me the writing was on the wall when he appointed Geithner and we were told that it was only Geithner who could save us and that his tax situation was irrelevent.  Then Larry Summers, etc. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »
isn't there a percentage of obama voters don't know what the hell is going on anyway?  will they care?
I know you have this really dim view of us, but we are actually pretty involved.  Yea some idiots don't know or spend the time to find out what's going on and just vote based on liberal or conservative or even sometimes on looks, but trust me, both parties have their share of clueless uninformed voters. The right may very well have more that don't really care and are dead set voting one way without researching a thing.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
Hugo - to me the writing was on the wall when he appointed Geithner and we were told that it was only Geithner who could save us and that his tax situation was irrelevent.  Then Larry Summers, etc. 
I know, there's more examples too.  Look, what I'm saying is that I think this is going to be a final straw for a lot on the left.  They're seeing clearly now that he's talking the talk, but not walking it even remotely.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »
I know you have this really dim view of us, but we are actually pretty involved.  Yea some idiots don't know or spend the time to find out what's going on and just vote based on liberal or conservative or even sometimes on looks, but trust me, both parties have their share of clueless uninformed voters. The right may very well have more that don't really care and are dead set voting one way without researching a thing.

You mean the "God, Guns & Gays" voter???? 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:27 PM »
I know, there's more examples too.  Look, what I'm saying is that I think this is going to be a final straw for a lot on the left.  They're seeing clearly now that he's talking the talk, but not walking it even remotely.

We still have three years to go and there is plenty of time for him to rope you back in with a few crumbs. 

"Who are you going to support? Those evil corporate fascist pigs in the GOP???"

At least that will be the argument in 2012. 

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 12:22:46 PM »

i don't have a dim view of you at all in fact you are one of my favorite posters.  i'm talking about people like the ones that voted for obama believing he would make them rich or that attribute quotes from tina fey to palin and the like.  of course there are uninformed on both sides.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »
We still have three years to go and there is plenty of time for him to rope you back in with a few crumbs. 

"Who are you going to support? Those evil corporate fascist pigs in the GOP???"

At least that will be the argument in 2012. 
I already said I wouldn't support a republican.  It'll be third party.  I'll just have to wait and see.  and it'll take more than crumbs by Obama now. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 12:32:55 PM »
hahaha, you know you fucked up as president when the head of the party stop flat in his tracks, unwilling to jump off the cliff with him.  LOL

Dr. Howard Dean: "Public Option is the Only True Reform"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 12:37:55 PM »
Dean: "It will pass, WITH THE PUBLIC OPTION" lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »
Here is the problem Hugo - Obama has no cover from the GOP on this and there are not enough votes "in the center" to get him what he wants. 

He is going to alienate everyone in this.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »
Here is the problem Hugo - Obama has no cover from the GOP on this and there are not enough votes "in the center" to get him what he wants. 

He is going to alienate everyone in this.   
If he had not made backdoor deals with the industry, I don't think this would be as big a deal for the left.  But now it's just going to come across like he's doing business as usual meeting the demands of big business.  They would have forgiven failure if it looked like an honest shot was made.  A lot of people are seeing that didn't happen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 12:52:21 PM »
If he had not made backdoor deals with the industry, I don't think this would be as big a deal for the left.  But now it's just going to come across like he's doing business as usual meeting the demands of big business.  They would have forgiven failure if it looked like an honest shot was made.  A lot of people are seeing that didn't happen.

Lou Dobbs just played a audio voice recording of Obama criticizing coop plans are not effective.  So if Obama tried to go the coop route, thisd recording will come back and bite him in the ass as well. 

What a mess. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 12:58:34 PM »
Lou Dobbs just played a audio voice recording of Obama criticizing coop plans are not effective.  So if Obama tried to go the coop route, thisd recording will come back and bite him in the ass as well. 

What a mess. 

Obama is so fcuked politically.

Count me in as another guy who voted for him and now is beginning to loathe his bullshit agenda....

Even if I could go back to last November, I STILL don't think I could have pulled the lever for McCain, for the sole reason that the name Sarah Palin was right next to his.

I guess I would have just voted for a third party...I wonder if a third party could ever be a legit thing in this country.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 01:05:54 PM »
Damn - that woman is like kryptonite to you guys. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009, 01:41:26 PM »
U liobs need to really look at what Barry is doing and how not only has he pissed off all the Indy's that put him over the top, he's now pissed off the Dem base. With that in mind, look at 2008 and the election. Barry got in because of the same feeling about Bush. People didn't like him so they either were apathetic and didn't vote or they voted for Barry or a 3rd party. McCain didn't inspire anybody. Barry is loosing because he's incompetent and full of shit. U want a Dem in, find a middle of the road guy, with a record of being middle of the road. Barry was never middle of the road, u let Bush hate blind u to that and how the system works. U want to fix things, find common ground between both parties, not left-wing douchbaggery. DC works best with both parties invloved. If they fail, they Both fail and we vote new guys in. Its not perfect, but its better then the current moron we have.
L

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »
This was all predicted by the more enlightened members of the board months ago. Barry had to bat 1000. the rest of the way. Right now hes batting 100. His far left bs alienated all the republicans that didnt vote for him anyway and the 60% of independents that voted for him ( and gave him the whitehouse). Now he looks like a fraud to his far left base and moderate democrats are running for cover to try and distance themselves. Add in the fact that the economy is still a disaster and you have the perfect storm.

One term for Barry and a republican dominated Congress come next election. You heard it here first.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 02:05:58 PM »
Listening to progressive radio this morning.  wow, megameltdown.  they're furious with the president.  Obama organizers and voters were calling in furious.  I was pissed before I tuned in.  Ed Schultz was furious, promised to go on his tv show tonight and "rip the whitehouse"  I suspect there will be a serious backlash against Obama from the left today and in days to follow.  This has nothing to do with the rightwing or republicans so don't pat yourselves on the back; you guys are 10 times more psychopathetic.  Just because the left is bailing on Obama doesn't mean their signing up for your psycho retardation.  They just won't vote or will vote 3rd party which means you'll win, but not at the hands of "being right."

His base is bailing.  I hope those deals were worth it Mr. President.

WHAT!!! MSNBC....mad with the President?

REPENT!! REPENT!! THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!!!