Author Topic: DILLETT - '96 GP  (Read 5641 times)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
DILLETT - '96 GP
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:14:51 AM »
Just a strange look overall. Freaky for sure.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: DILLETT - '96 GP
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 02:15:44 AM »

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 02:16:43 AM »
Routine courtesy of Iceman:

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 03:23:06 AM »
The look is not where the "strange" is. It's the posing that is really weird. Dillett is arguably the worst poser ever. And there's been a good number of shitty posers since Dillett.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:15:14 AM »
The look is not where the "strange" is. It's the posing that is really weird. Dillett is arguably the worst poser ever. And there's been a good number of shitty posers since Dillett.

I think that is primarily because Dillett [Dillette?] wouldn't hold a pose for even as little as five seconds.  His posing was straight up atrocious.  Absolutely off the charts bad.  He could have simply held individual poses, and he would have been considered a decent poser.  Like literally - hit front lat spread and hold it for a lowly five seconds straight.

He couldn't even do that.

It may have been that he got the shakes from his diuretics usage, and simply couldn't hold a pose.

He was also a very weak man, given his size.  It wouldn't shock me if - even at his biggest - he was bench pressing something like 315 for 15.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 04:21:00 AM »
I think that is primarily because Dillett [Dillette?] wouldn't hold a pose for even as little as five seconds.  His posing was straight up atrocious.  Absolutely off the charts bad.  He could have simply held individual poses, and he would have been considered a decent poser.  Like literally - hit front lat spread and hold it for a lowly five seconds straight.

He couldn't even do that.

It may have been that he got the shakes from his diuretics usage, and simply couldn't hold a pose.

He was also a very weak man, given his size.  It wouldn't shock me if - even at his biggest - he was bench pressing something like 315 for 15.
It didn't make him weak, he just didn't lift heavy. And he still got 23"-24" inch arms. Considering that he had more shoulder surgeries than top five placings, you wouldn't be doing much either. There is a vid of him doing lat pull downs with the whole stack, and it was sloppy, all he did was just pull the stack down. That's its, no squeezing, contracting the muscles.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 04:32:53 AM »
It didn't make him weak, he just didn't lift heavy. And he still got 23"-24" inch arms. Considering that he had shoulder surgeries than top five placings, you wouldn't be doing much either. There is a vid of him doing lat pull downs with the whole stack, and it was sloppy, all he did was just pull the stack down. That's its, no squeezing, contracting the muscles.

Do you remember the MuscleMag article where he stated that he attempted 225 for reps after not being in the gym for a long time, and that he couldn't make it?  That gym session was 2005, and he wrote about it for his 2006 comeback in Montreal.

He ended up settling on 135 for reps on the flat bench.

So I do think it is safe to say that Dillett was weak for his size...or any size really.  But as you said, it's not like he was training for strength.  That was probably more a matter of laziness than a matter of any explicit plan to train for "balance" or "symmetry" or something.

Did you read the amazing post by Van_Bilderass about how Zane was alleged to have trained for "balance"?:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=631791.msg8825981#msg8825981

;D ;D ;D

AB

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 05:03:25 AM »
shit physique too

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 05:24:24 AM »
Do you remember the MuscleMag article where he stated that he attempted 225 for reps after not being in the gym for a long time, and that he couldn't make it?  That gym session was 2005, and he wrote about it for his 2006 comeback in Montreal.

He ended up settling on 135 for reps on the flat bench.

So I do think it is safe to say that Dillett was weak for his size...or any size really.  But as you said, it's not like he was training for strength.  That was probably more a matter of laziness than a matter of any explicit plan to train for "balance" or "symmetry" or something.

Did you read the amazing post by Van_Bilderass about how Zane was alleged to have trained for "balance"?:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=631791.msg8825981#msg8825981

;D ;D ;D
Could his shoulder injuries have been an issue? He was a shadow of his former self, by 2000-2001. All of his vids, he is never really training, not squeezing, just in the gym lifting weights, and chewing on a towel.

Here he is doing a back workout. Notice the T-bar rows. Just up and down.
[/youtube]

And here he is doing shoulders
[/youtube]

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 05:35:12 AM »
he had some freaky bodyparts'arms'calves'good quads,,unsightly chest vascularity 'ruined his look'bunched up looking pecs'poor shape'freakyrelaxed build.depending on yr his condition was either good or poor,posed like crap'as noted'great responder..

AB

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 05:38:22 AM »
Dude had no shape to speak off. Big blocky with no talent.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 05:44:00 AM »
It's crazy how you can be handed insane god-given muscle genetics that are not in your control, but you can't pose which is 100% in your control. Worthless Hebrew

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 05:47:10 AM »

Talent and Bodybuilding are not really connected. These guys are neither artists nor athletes.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 05:52:03 AM »
shit physique too

;D

I love how Getbig tells it like it is.  Only on Getbig would someone say this comment towards a massive shredded BLACK freak of nature hoss like Paul Dillett!

Others would fear that Paul would lay waste to them!

Could his shoulder injuries have been an issue? He was a shadow of his former self, by 2000-2001. All of his vids, he is never really training, not squeezing, just in the gym lifting weights, and chewing on a towel.

Here he is doing a back workout. Notice the T-bar rows. Dallas should watch this and see what a real mass monster looks like. One who doesn't even put that much work into it.
[/youtube]

And here he is doing shoulders
[/youtube]

Excellent questions, Parker.

It could be that.  People are quick to say laziness, but it's hard to say - injuries can be hard to deal with and work around.  I can honestly say that I've never seen any videos of Dillett's lifts that impressed me much.  At the same time - he was a bodybuilder. He was also so massive that I could see his massive pumps actually causing him problems.  I imagine it would be almost annoying to train when you are that huge and getting insane, almost debilitating pumps.

AB

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 05:53:22 AM »
Talent and Bodybuilding are not really connected. These guys are neither artists nor athletes.
posing takes talent. remember ed corney? now he could pose. not every man can put on a thong

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 12:23:17 PM »

Yeah, no shape to speak of.   ::)  ::)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 12:47:42 PM »
I'd bet that at some point Muscletech offered Dillett a lucrative contract.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 03:24:17 PM »
anyone here who has used steroids where they actually worked for you knows how that "pump" comes alot easier with less work than when off and drug free and how it can be uncomfortable..

My point is I don't think Paul was just lazy, I just think looking at him training that he had such a superior response to drugs that it took very little for him to get that uncomfortable crazy pump, which is why he trained with what some see as lacklustre effort.

I just remember how I used to both love and hate those crazy shoulder pumps I would get training virtually any upper body stuff, especially with winstrol for some reason
"

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 05:03:24 PM »
Dillett looked freakier when he was relaxed, he couldn't hit or hold the poses properly.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 05:51:12 PM »
Say what ever but Paul was and still is a freak by todays standards.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 07:05:25 PM »
;D

I love how Getbig tells it like it is.  Only on Getbig would someone say this comment towards a massive shredded BLACK freak of nature hoss like Paul Dillett!

Others would fear that Paul would lay waste to them!

Excellent questions, Parker.

It could be that.  People are quick to say laziness, but it's hard to say - injuries can be hard to deal with and work around.  I can honestly say that I've never seen any videos of Dillett's lifts that impressed me much.  At the same time - he was a bodybuilder. He was also so massive that I could see his massive pumps actually causing him problems.  I imagine it would be almost annoying to train when you are that huge and getting insane, almost debilitating pumps.

You're criticizing a legendary IFBB Pro's posing.

Yet you may have the worst physique on all of getbig.

I don't think you have any awareness of how much of a sad, insignificant little closet homo you are.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 03:11:21 AM »
That's probably the best I've ever seen dillett, aside from his 99 NOC look. In 96 he looked about as full and separated as he's ever looked. In 99 looks like the "muscularity" or muscle-maturity had just increased. 96 he and the other guys from that era still had the "fresh" or "new" look to the physique/muscle. Probably around the time when most of'em had only been running small dose GH (small i assume like 6-10iu?) for 2-3yrs due to cost. But I do remember the rumor back in '97-'98 that Paul was using a whole bottle of Serostim a day because he was too dumb to figure out the math 2 measure out 4,6,8,10iu ect after it was reconstitute, he just did the whole bottle of 18iu everyday. Which, would account for maybe 25% of his monthly guest-posing income back then.... Assuming he did about 3 shows a month.

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 03:31:53 AM »
Just a strange look overall. Freaky for sure.

Bro what is GP?  Is it gay for pay?

PM me bro we should hook up.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 11:00:39 AM »
Yeah, no shape to speak of.   ::)  ::)

AB is out of his mind. Shape was absolutely BLESSED genetically. Was just lazy. :/