Author Topic: Maradona reencarnation?  (Read 9027 times)

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Maradona reencarnation?
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 09:35:08 AM »
Hahahaha. How often do you watch football, once a month? Real big team? Yeah, where are they in the Champions League? One mazy run huh? How about a hattrick against your "real big team" Real. He destroys Rosicky. Now I realize that you're a Arsenal supporter.

Real and Barca often beat each other in El Classicos, means nothing, boy is good, as I said, but no Diego. Hope he makes it, but dont see much longevity in his career, too much pressure at 19, injury-prone, etc. I'd be happy to be wrong, I'd like to see him perform for his country. Robinho is another youngster which is on the same level if not better than Messi. I dont support Real, but admire them, also Barca obviously, my GetBig name inspiration(arguably the best player of his generation for his country alongside Rui Costa) played for both those clubs, and especially performed for Barca.
Arsenal supporter? No, in fact, I used to like and enjoyed watching them way back, but nowadays the smugness and sore-loser attitude sucks. Fabregas very talented, but fucking annoying. Its a one-man team(Henry), and when he has a poor season, the results are evident. Biggest mistake, letting Viera go, and too many kids with no experience, which by the way is what your coach, Ferguson is a master at, transitioning a team, reshaping without any massive drops in form, combining youngsters with veterans instead of using the Wenger excuse of "rebuilding". The Laarsen loan was a master stroke.
Otherwise, we all gotta hate a team and I've never liked Utd, because like Schumi and Woods, they ALWAYS win everything. You got my countryman Ronaldo, and fantastic players like Scholes and Giggs, but it was very satisfying to see my team Benfica take Lpool and you guys out last season in C.L. .
Also support Viola in Italy and in England, a new money team that used to be a top 3-6 team before. Supported them since Vialli and Zola's days there.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 02:38:58 AM »
when we played barcelona in the last 16 i shit myself, not because of Ronaldinho but because of Messi. The lad is an unbelievable footballer, the way he scored 3 majestic goals against Real was awe inspiring and ive never been so nervous about 1 players impact on a game.

Look for him to be number 1 in 3-4 years time, at his rate of progression he will surpass Cristiano Ronaldo in no time as long as he stays healthy
Scouser on Tour

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 03:12:38 AM »
If Messi does become the new, new "new Maradonna", then I'll only be too happy to watch him on the big stage, and see him crowned WPOTY.
Just sick of the comparisons, like Fergie stating Ronaldo is on Maradonna and Pele level. Nobody is on Pele or Maradonna level, except PELE or MARADONNA. 
Maybe I'm  little sore and biased, because Messi was a major contributor to our demise in the last C.L. campaign, when Del Horno(useless) was turned inside out, fouled him(putting him out for weeks, and almost W.C.), and got red-card. He is very good, and at that age, one shudders to think whats to come, although, I still say, no longevity in his career. Then again Van Basten, Papin, and Maradonna didnt have very long careers and they're legends.
Remember, Getafe in Copa Del Rey is not England in World Cup.

Cristiano is gonna be crowned World Player very soon. He's on the same level(at the least) as Messi, not inferior.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 09:19:24 AM »
Anyway, go Boro! ;D

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »
If Messi does become the new, new "new Maradonna", then I'll only be too happy to watch him on the big stage, and see him crowned WPOTY.
Just sick of the comparisons, like Fergie stating Ronaldo is on Maradonna and Pele level. Nobody is on Pele or Maradonna level, except PELE or MARADONNA. 
Maybe I'm  little sore and biased, because Messi was a major contributor to our demise in the last C.L. campaign, when Del Horno(useless) was turned inside out, fouled him(putting him out for weeks, and almost W.C.), and got red-card. He is very good, and at that age, one shudders to think whats to come, although, I still say, no longevity in his career. Then again Van Basten, Papin, and Maradonna didnt have very long careers and they're legends.
Remember, Getafe in Copa Del Rey is not England in World Cup.

Cristiano is gonna be crowned World Player very soon. He's on the same level(at the least) as Messi, not inferior.

Pele and Maradona are on a higher plane purely because they continued their form throughout their whole careers.

If and and its a big if Ronaldo played for 6-8 years at the level he has this season he would be the greatest ever.

It's highly unlikely he can maintain this form but if he can he would be the best without question

Pele had major dips in form and also played in an era where they played with three defenders etc

The best player ever was Maradona, he led a team of shitbags to the finals singlehandedly a true legend!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2007, 03:50:20 AM »
Pele and Maradona are on a higher plane purely because they continued their form throughout their whole careers.

If and and its a big if Ronaldo played for 6-8 years at the level he has this season he would be the greatest ever.

It's highly unlikely he can maintain this form but if he can he would be the best without question

Pele had major dips in form and also played in an era where they played with three defenders etc

The best player ever was Maradona, he led a team of shitbags to the finals singlehandedly a true legend!

ta ta

You hit the nail on the head on every point. Good post.