Author Topic: All Black legend Jonah Lomu buffs up for bodybuilding debut  (Read 11226 times)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: All Black legend Jonah Lomu buffs up for bodybuilding debut
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 05:51:15 AM »
I met a New Zealander who told me all sorts of stories about how strong this guy was as a kid.

One story is that at a school athletics champs he picked up the shotput and literally threw it like you would throw a stone or a tennis ball. It went something like 35 meters whereas most kids were putting 5-9 meters with it.

Another story was about him was that he would throw a javlin so far, that extra space needed to be cleared for the distance he could throw it.

Also heard he would do 100 meter sprints with a person on his back!

He could do 100 meter sprint in under 11 seconds at a weight of 110kg.

Was offfered a multimillion dollar contract from Dallas Cowboys and turned it down.

There are more stories about him but I can't recall the others. Mainly about how strong the guy was.

He is apparently of a special kind of native breed of black people in New Zealand (nothing to do with Africans) called "The Maoris"  who decend from local tribes who used to fight to the death with rival tribes. That race (now mixed into the New Zealand with white people but still some exist) gets extremely violent  and agressive (and are very strong) when they drink alcohol, and many are violent criminals now, but also if this kind of person and physique can be harnessed and controlled for athletic purposes, the results can be amazing.

Any New Zealanders out there, have you heard those kinds of stories and any evidence they are really true?

haha He is an Islander not a Maori , and I think that person was pulling your leg lol but thanks for the chuckle

Blücher

• Getbig II
  • "WHERE YOU STAY AT?!"-SAMSON123
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 05:56:07 AM »
Looks like an idiot, I hope at some point he realised that he missed shaving a spot on his head.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 06:10:16 AM »
HAHA - well, I don't think you would want to call a guy like that an idiot to his face. One punch and he would put you down (if all those stories about his strength are really true).

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 06:48:38 AM »
I met a New Zealander who told me all sorts of stories about how strong this guy was as a kid.

One story is that at a school athletics champs he picked up the shotput and literally threw it like you would throw a stone or a tennis ball. It went something like 35 meters whereas most kids were putting 5-9 meters with it.

Another story was about him was that he would throw a javlin so far, that extra space needed to be cleared for the distance he could throw it.

Also heard he would do 100 meter sprints with a person on his back!

He could do 100 meter sprint in under 11 seconds at a weight of 110kg.

Was offfered a multimillion dollar contract from Dallas Cowboys and turned it down.

There are more stories about him but I can't recall the others. Mainly about how strong the guy was.

He is apparently of a special kind of native breed of black people in New Zealand (nothing to do with Africans) called "The Maoris"  who decend from local tribes who used to fight to the death with rival tribes. That race (now mixed into the New Zealand with white people but still some exist) gets extremely violent  and agressive (and are very strong) when they drink alcohol, and many are violent criminals now, but also if this kind of person and physique can be harnessed and controlled for athletic purposes, the results can be amazing.

Any New Zealanders out there, have you heard those kinds of stories and any evidence they are really true?

I think you're confusing him with Chuck Norris
It hasn't helped...

spinnis

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 07:56:07 AM »
he will be the baddest man on the stage at least

hugestatus

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »
Hes Tongan. Not Moari....after the 95 world cup he was offered a contract from the Dallas cowboys...

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 03:21:11 PM »
I think you're confusing him with Chuck Norris

Did you know the Black Eyed Peas were only called 'The Peas' until they met Chuck Norris

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 08:24:45 PM »
ROTFLLLLLL^

AVBG

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »
nzmm to win!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 10:10:37 PM »
Hes Tongan. Not Moari....after the 95 world cup he was offered a contract from the Dallas cowboys...
punter?  ???
A

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 11:05:54 PM »
Yep, RIP--but he wasn't that ripped compared to th standard of the day- Dorian, Shawn, Kev, Munzer, Momo, Flex, Chris Chormier, etc, he did okay in a few contests had odd shaped abs when doing the front double bi, but he was never a world beater---I think he turned to drug dealing (coCAINE). Kinda like the Polynesian version of Charles Clairmonte-good but not great.

Sonny was hard as nail and a monster!

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 12:08:19 AM »
he will be the baddest man on the stage at least

Bob Chick claims he has done "some" boxing. Does'nt that make him the baddest man on stage?

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 12:08:23 AM »
Yep, RIP--but he wasn't that ripped compared to th standard of the day- Dorian, Shawn, Kev, Munzer, Momo, Flex, Chris Chormier, etc, he did okay in a few contests had odd shaped abs when doing the front double bi, but he was never a world beater---I think he turned to drug dealing (coCAINE). Kinda like the Polynesian version of Charles Clairmonte-good but not great.

C'mon man. Sonny was in the A-list for many years. 6th in his first ever Mr Olympia with no GH or anything high tech. 3rd in the Arnold. 1st Masters Mr Olympia, placed in every euro GP. He was able to get ripped and could really put on the size in the off-season.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 01:05:00 AM »
I'm not sure if I should laugh at you gib, at your story, or just to feel sorry for you .

I honestly am puzzled after reading your post . :-\

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 02:06:52 AM »
Any particular part of the story? Or all of it?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2009, 02:14:50 AM »
Any particular part of the story? Or all of it?
dude

lol

it's beyond "wtf??"

:D

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2009, 03:20:03 AM »
Why did his career fail to reignite?
Because he failed the recovery from the heavy use of seteroids...
S

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2009, 03:22:23 AM »
NZMM said Jonah was in his class a few weeks ago , maybe I mistook that as him meaning Jonah was competing in the same show and not the same weight class either way having seen Jonah and NZMM s pic from the other night Jamie is miles ahead with condition not the same size obviously but size means shit when you are soft and still look off season. ;D

I am in his class. will be around 94kg on stage.

NZMM vs Jonah  8)
P