Author Topic: 2016 Olympia - Kevin Levrone update  (Read 91659 times)

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
Re: Levrone update
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2016, 01:13:41 AM »
I remember a video from a few years back where Dorian weighed himself at 250-260 from what I remember and was single digit bodyfat and nowhere near what he was to silence the naysayers. Kevin could be 250 at the end of the day fully clothed on a high carb day. Probably low 240s in the morning.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2016, 01:16:25 AM »
lots of anonymous twnks

Yes I am

hating on a 250lb ripped 52 year old man in this thread

No way, I am rooting for KL, GO Maryland Muscle Machine!

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2016, 01:58:35 AM »
Holy blood-sugar Batman!  :o  That's one hell of a punchable face right there!...

In fact, throw an oversized baseball cap on him and it would look like his carer has taken him for a burger before using the rest of the GoFundMe money to visit Disney World so that the brave young man can cross it off his bucket list.....  :'(

T

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2016, 02:51:16 AM »
That's what I don't get. When he used to be a legit 249-257 pound man onstage back in the late 90's, he also had big legs. How is he weighing the same now (according to him) when his back (lats) looks thin and tiny (yet shredded) and his legs are probably non-existent? Something doesn't compute.

Hold on, sport.  Let's go back to your claims, just this week.

Olympia face - right

Small arms (due to one pic that was difficult to discern) - wrong.

Small in hoodie, much bigger before - wrong

Smaller than he was in feb / march - wrong.

Okay, now we can move on

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2016, 03:02:45 AM »
I can't be arsed posting pics but here is a link for someone else to

https://www.google.com/search?q=kevin+levrone+hands+clasped+most+muscular

There are some horrible looking ones of phil doing that post in there, too.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2016, 03:04:49 AM »
Bottom line is that Kev will bring in a top '90's body which will have a LOT of better points than today's modern guys, BUT he'll be smaller ..... Looks incredible for 52 and as previous have said will be the star of the show.

Its kinda like he has been transported forward 20 years to show a comparison of the 2 era's - Good on him and lets have a fantastic show for the first time in years

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2016, 03:07:59 AM »
If you make a list of weakest backs of bodybuilding legends, it will go like this:

1. Gary Strydom
2. Kevin Levrone
etc..   ;D

Nasser
Paul dillet

Hack Benchers

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2016, 03:12:39 AM »
Nasser
Paul dillet

But Dillent from the front wow Stil Nutz The Pic!

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2016, 08:18:21 AM »
Not bad for a 50yr old man.
©

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2016, 09:49:28 AM »
U starting to get it now I see  ;D  in the mid to late 90's he looked high 240's to 250's, in his last 2 shows in 02 and 03 he was def down in size esp legs and still claimed around the 240's/250's from what I remember,

2016 he's saying 251 which is nothing compared to 1996/97/98/99 when he was around that weight

I'm going to say he'll be around 230's for the show and that's being generous

Either way good to see him back, brings back memories when I was a teen in the 90's watching him, flex and Shawn

He claimed 243 for his last show in 2003 and that was with NO legs, yet he apparently was 249 in 1998 against Ronnie WITH legs and a much larger upper body at the time. Now he's 251? I do know that Kevin has weighed as much as 265-275 pounds in the offseason in the 90's. There are pics where he was much heavier. He claims his heaviest contest bodyweight was about 260 in a late 90's Grand Prix and I could buy that, but not 251 today.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2016, 09:54:49 AM »
Who cares what he weighs? He looks awesome.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2016, 09:55:13 AM »
Levrone's arms are a tad too big, will make his (relatively, of course) weaker torso look even smaller.
Plus I'd like to see his legs.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2016, 10:08:16 AM »
Wish him well. Hopefully he knocks Branch down a bit, too.

But that back isn't pulling in any judge points, that's for sure.

Hollyweird

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2016, 10:23:01 AM »
Wish him well. Hopefully he knocks Branch down a bit, too.

But that back isn't pulling in any judge points, that's for sure c

Branch gets a lot of stick but has done the best he can and admittedly time hasn't been on his side, has it?

Age catches up with everybody and heck the guy has had a brilliant run.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2016, 12:17:44 PM »
He claimed 243 for his last show in 2003 and that was with NO legs, yet he apparently was 249 in 1998 against Ronnie WITH legs and a much larger upper body at the time. Now he's 251? I do know that Kevin has weighed as much as 265-275 pounds in the offseason in the 90's. There are pics where he was much heavier. He claims his heaviest contest bodyweight was about 260 in a late 90's Grand Prix and I could buy that, but not 251 today.

Jesus, you over analyze irrelevance.  He hasn't cut water yet and so he will drop some weight before he takes the stage. Why worry so much about a few pounds?  He looks awesome and is going to shake things up. He's going to be peeled and will look better than most up there. I for one  couldnt care less if his legs aren't up to the current standards, which over emphasizes disproportionately large legs imo.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2016, 06:04:41 PM »
I didn't post this before, but I paint (a little) - mostly portraiture - and when you paint people, you start to notice very acute differences in photos and whatnot.  So what I noticed with that photo was that his head looked distinctly larger to his body than I have ever seen, yet clearly he is in great shape. 

Now, obviously his head has not grown - nor have his dimensions, so from that image, I would have to say that the angle is actually pretty unfavourable and he is distinctly wider than it looks in that photo.

That, I have to guess is what is foxing some people on the weight.

Go back and look at him perform that post in other comps.  He NEVER looks like he has that type of head to body ratio.  Unless his entire torso has shrunk, I reiterate, I actually think that is a pretty unfavourable angle for the shot.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2016, 08:15:42 PM »
Holy blood-sugar Batman!  :o  That's one hell of a punchable face right there!...

In fact, throw an oversized baseball cap on him and it would look like his carer has taken him for a burger before using the rest of the GoFundMe money to visit Disney World so that the brave young man can cross it off his bucket list.....  :'(

Lol! If you didn't know it was Heath you'd think "just another fat guy enjoying his burger" 😀

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2016, 08:16:42 PM »
Bottom line is that Kev will bring in a top '90's body which will have a LOT of better points than today's modern guys, BUT he'll be smaller ..... Looks incredible for 52 and as previous have said will be the star of the show.

Its kinda like he has been transported forward 20 years to show a comparison of the 2 era's - Good on him and lets have a fantastic show for the first time in years

Well put! I'm rooting for him.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2016, 07:29:28 AM »
I didn't post this before, but I paint (a little) - mostly portraiture - and when you paint people, you start to notice very acute differences in photos and whatnot.  So what I noticed with that photo was that his head looked distinctly larger to his body than I have ever seen, yet clearly he is in great shape. 

Now, obviously his head has not grown - nor have his dimensions, so from that image, I would have to say that the angle is actually pretty unfavourable and he is distinctly wider than it looks in that photo.

That, I have to guess is what is foxing some people on the weight.

Go back and look at him perform that post in other comps.  He NEVER looks like he has that type of head to body ratio.  Unless his entire torso has shrunk, I reiterate, I actually think that is a pretty unfavourable angle for the shot.

Well, head actually seems to increase in size by age.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2016, 07:54:12 AM »
Ψ

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2016, 08:51:02 AM »

Shirley hemphill from 'what's happening'got jacked..

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2016, 09:00:03 AM »
Damn that's our current Mr O?  Looks like a fat transgendered homo

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2016, 09:11:24 AM »
I hope leverone shows up looking like shit and they still award him the Samson to send a message to phil that his time his over, everyone is sick of his womanly ways and needs to fuck off and never come back

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2016, 09:21:37 AM »
Levrone's arms are a tad too big, will make his (relatively, of course) weaker torso look even smaller.
Plus I'd like to see his legs.
the current mr os arms are way too big and make his (absolutely speaking) weak torso look negligible.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2016, 11:19:03 AM »
small.
$