Author Topic: Tiger Wins Again  (Read 4799 times)

anvil

• Getbig IV
Re: Tiger Wins Again
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 12:35:29 PM »
I am sure somebody will. I just don't think any of the young guys currently on the tour are gonna do it.

Agreed, it'll be a long time before Tiger's impact will be bested.

Hasn't it also been speculated that Tiger could eventually be the first billionaire athlete?  60 Minutes last night mentioned how Jordan is in charge of a business worth 500 million  :o

Darn these guys, pointing out how lazy I am.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 12:40:21 PM »
translation : yayyyy!  i can be more selfrightious as an ameerekan black now ::)

i BET $500 this thread would not exist if it ws mickelson...

am i right?

brilliant hardworking f**k though.that man tiger..but ya dont see a buncha asians dverywhere claiming " one of ours is doing good"
huh?   ???

i know i can't speak for everyone, but i think it's safe to say that if Tiger were white and had 12 majors under his belt at the age of 30, we'd be still giving him is due props. 

what does his race have anything to do with what he has accomplished?  who said anything about "claiming" him?  where is this coming from? 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 12:43:15 PM »
huh?   ???

i know i can't speak for everyone, but i think it's safe to say that if Tiger were white and had 12 majors under his belt at the age of 30, we'd be still giving him is due props. 

what does his race have anything to do with what he has accomplished?  who said anything about "claiming" him?  where is this coming from? 

pg COUNTY..the most american black county in the country..its gone tiger crazy....ano how many.."the black man will out breed the white man convos i have heard at my gym recently"??.and i live here..i see it..i rll my eyes..and i call em on it..most of em dont have a resonce..since they cant pull the race card on me..
i'm not white..!!!
carpe` vaginum!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 12:47:15 PM »
pg COUNTY..the most american black county in the country..its gone tiger crazy....ano how many.."the black man will out breed the white man convos i have heard at my gym recently"??.and i live here..i see it..i rll my eyes..and i call em on it..most of em dont have a resonce..since they cant pull the race card on me..
i'm not white..!!!
now i'm even more lost... ??? :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 12:47:23 PM »
i'm not white..!!!

???

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »
???

TA's been drinking again

Or Else xxxLinda is logged on under his name

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 01:00:08 PM »
TA's been drinking again

Or Else xxxLinda is logged on under his name

LOL.   ;D

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2006, 07:38:21 PM »
Someone will.  It's just that way with all sports.  You look at the past greats in any sport and there's people there today who are as good (or often) have eclipsed them.  But yeah, right now it's hard to imagine someone doing what Tiger has done, much less actually be better than him, but eventually it'll happen.

Sorta off the subject, Michael Jordan was on 60 minutes last night.  It was a pretty interesting bit.

Who has filled Michael Jordan's shoes?   Thinking........Thinking .......Thinking....

Sandra

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2006, 08:11:58 PM »
Who has filled Michael Jordan's shoes?   Thinking........Thinking .......Thinking....

Sandra

Is this is trick question??? Kobe Bryant of course.   ;D  Same athletic ability, same tenacious defender, championship rings, same sleeping with women not his wife . . . .

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2006, 08:54:49 PM »
No way.  Kobe is not anything close to Michael Jordan.  Not the same defender and cannot "at will" take over a game like Jordan could.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 10:22:25 PM »
No way.  Kobe is not anything close to Michael Jordan.  Not the same defender and cannot "at will" take over a game like Jordan could.

Ozmo have you been hitting Toxic's bottle?   ;D  Kobe is every bit the athlete and basketball player Jordan was.  Kobe was first team all defense last year.  Again.  Just like Jordan.  He has taken over numerous games, including games in crunch time, playoff games, and championship games, just like Jordan.  He's the best clutch performer in the NBA today, just like Jordan was.  I also think one of his most impressive performances, in addition to scoring 81 points, was outscoring the entire Dallas Mavericks team through 3 quarters, 62-61.  The kid is a machine.  Nobody can guard him.  Has an incredible work ethic.  Plays hard for four quarters.  Guards the opposing team's best player in the fourth quarter. 

I watch almost every televised Lakers game.  Every single game the kid does something that makes me say "wow."  He's an amazing basketball player.