Author Topic: 18 inch arms at 75 years old!  (Read 29146 times)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: 18 inch arms at 75 years old!
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2017, 06:54:41 AM »
At that age do you ever even put on muscle? Is it even possible? Without trt, etc. You can diet and get the illusion of "gained size" through condition but thats one thing

He can't/won't put on any muscle. He's just trying to maintain whatever muscle he has.

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2017, 07:48:14 AM »
Lots of gimmicks trying hard to score points here to no avail. I can defeat an army of gimmicks typing with one hand behind my back!

is that what your latest custom made bicep machine does?

the only 'separation' your arms is the fat crease that becomes visible when you bend your elbow

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2017, 07:50:32 AM »

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2017, 08:01:03 AM »
 ;D

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2017, 12:27:53 PM »
isnt triceps more 2/3 the arm size

YUP.

J

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2017, 01:05:11 PM »

=>

=>

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2017, 01:10:10 PM »
I feel sorry for all the wannabes who have never and will never achieve anything through bodybuilding. 18 inch arms are a quest that few achieve. So it has taken me about 49 years to achieve. Sure I am a bit bulky but my arms feel like big hams hanging there. Solid as steel and strong as can be. I could rip ribs out or break arms in a flash if I wanted to. Luckily for the hapless Flotsam here I am an humanist and thinker so physical violence is beneath me. When it comes to mental agility well that is where I take no prisoners. The trouble here is that the simple minds are seldom aware of being defeated and owned. So they persist as knuckleheads do and are oblivious of their own buffoonery and outright stupidity.

Great post!
Go vince!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »
But not tricep extension movements right ?

Ive been working out for almost 30 years myself May 1988, (I'm 44 ) I cant even think about doing those anymore

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

Yes, I do a variation of triceps extensions. There are little things that can be done to reduce the risk of injuries. For example, not completely pronating the wrists for the movement. Keep the hands in a karate chop position. This is possible only if you have pads and not handles to press against. That is why I modified a seated Nautilus machine. I moved the pads towards the user by 2 inches so that the elbows don't contact the pads. Then I removed the back rest and put the longer pad on the seat so that I could kneel on it with one knee. The other leg is straight and pushes against a support. This machine becomes much more effective because the elbows are near the head and the prestretched position allows for more mechanical tension on the triceps. Lots of warms ups and the tenderness around the sheath that covers the elbow joint evaporates. Quite interesting that his occurs. If it didn't I wouldn't be able to do this exercise with heavy resistances that delivers hypertrophy.

I might get around to building a more effective triceps machine for myself. Just need more motivation. Well, if the present machine stops being effective I will design and build something that is.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2017, 03:08:17 PM »
Vince, you do have solid arms for someone your age, so props for that.

But, you should probably  get leaner.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2017, 03:09:58 PM »
Vince, you do have solid arms for someone your age, so props for that.

But, you should probably  get leaner.

That will happen perhaps later than sooner. Now, what are you going to do for Getbig re physique? Answer: bugger all.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »
That will happen perhaps later than sooner. Now, what are you going to do for Getbig re physique? Answer: bugger all.

What do you mean "What am I going to do for getbig?" Why would I do anything for getbig?  ???
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2017, 03:16:05 PM »
What do you mean "What am I going to do for getbig?" Why would I do anything for getbig?  ???

Are you really that thick? You suggested I get leaner. So if I do then I am doing something because someone here suggested that.

So, what are you going to do to improve how you look?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2017, 03:17:35 PM »
Are you really that thick? You suggested I get leaner. So if I do then I am doing something because someone here suggested that.

So, what are you going to do to improve how you look?

I do something every day to improve how I look. After all these years of not doing cardio, I now do cardio 5-6x per week.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »
I do something every day to improve how I look. After all these years of not doing cardio, I now do cardio 5-6x per week.

So SF posts a photo that shows he is not a pork chop. How about taking a photo of you posing your arm next to your monitor logged into Getbig?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2017, 04:14:02 PM »
So SF posts a photo that shows he is not a pork chop. How about taking a photo of you posing your arm next to your monitor logged into Getbig?

Why, what will that prove? How will that make my arm any different if I am logged onto getbig?

I don't care if you think it's not a picture of me lol. It makes no difference to me.
X

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »
I have seen pics of SF.

He is in shape.

I know he likes to pretend the steak photo is.......recent.   But it's probably a year old.

The cardio is working.
Y

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2017, 04:18:05 PM »
I have seen pics of SF.

He is in shape.

I know he likes to pretend the steak photo is.......recent.   But it's probably a year old.

The cardio is working.

;D ;D ;D I've been laying off the meat!  :o :o
X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2017, 04:22:28 PM »
I have seen pics of SF.

He is in shape.

The cardio is working.

What you are saying is that everybody involved in this whole “arm” business actually trains, with the single exception of Shizzo, correct?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2017, 04:42:59 PM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2017, 04:52:34 PM »
Why, what will that prove? How will that make my arm any different if I am logged onto getbig?

I don't care if you think it's not a picture of me lol. It makes no difference to me.

What kind of a man are you? Isn't integrity everything?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2017, 04:59:13 PM »
What kind of a man are you? Isn't integrity everything?

lol. Integrity on a bodybuilding forum haha lol. I don't need to demonstrate integrity on getbig.com. I demonstrate integrity in real life, to the people who matter. Not to you. Hope this helps.

For what it's worth, people on getbig can confirm it's me.

Again, if you don't believe it's me, so be it. Makes ZERO difference to me.
X

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2017, 05:19:35 PM »

What the fuck for? You certainly are not an athlete and id bet big money your athletic ability sucks fucking ass

And cardio is a piss poor choice for getting leamer

You know my always level of leanness/conditioning and i do ZERO cardio

Cardio bahahhahahhahha

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2017, 05:34:40 PM »
What the fuck for? You certainly are not an athlete and id bet big money your athletic ability sucks fucking ass

And cardio is a piss poor choice for getting leamer

You know my always level of leanness/conditioning and i do ZERO cardio

Cardio bahahhahahhahha

I do it for heart health. There is TONS of evidence that cardio has tons of benefits for heart health. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ive already stated NUMEROUS times that I do cardio only for heart health and I have ZERO intentions of being an athlete; I don't even do it to burn calories, as I burn enough calories and can get lean from purely weight training (if I wanted). However, weight training doesn't offer the benefits to your heart like cardio does. It's just basic science.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2017, 05:38:02 PM »
I do it for heart health. There is TONS of evidence that cardio has tons of benefits for heart health. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ive already stated NUMEROUS times that I do cardio only for heart health and I have ZERO intentions of being an athlete; I don't even do it to burn calories, as I burn enough calories and can get lean from purely weight training (if I wanted). However, weight training doesn't offer the benefits to your heart like cardio does. It's just basic science.

This is your conjecture or hypothesis? Lots of broscience going on around here.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2017, 05:45:50 PM »

Then ok that's valid
Dr. Ken Cooper of the Cooper Aerobic Insitute in Dullas Texas says 3 times a week at 20 minutes is enough