Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Prayer and Religion in Public Life

<< < (203/210) > >>

Skeletor:
Texas megachurch pastor Robert Morris resigns after "inappropriate sexual behavior" with 12-year-old

Robert Morris, the founder and senior pastor at Gateway Church in North Texas, resigned from his position on Tuesday after allegations of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl in the 1980s recently came to light.

On Tuesday, the Board of Elders at Gateway Church, a multi-site megachurch based in Southlake, released a statement saying they accepted Morris' resignation and plan to conduct a thorough "review of the report of past abuse to ensure we have a complete understanding of the events."

Morris allegedly had a sexual relationship with a minor between 1982 and 1987, when he was a traveling Evangelist in his early 20s. On June 14, Cindy Clemishire, whose parents had befriended Morris, publicly accused the pastor of repeatedly molesting her during that period.

Morris founded the church's first location in Southlake in 2000. The evangelical church, one of the largest in the U.S., has grown to nine campuses in North Texas.

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/robert-morris-resigns-texas-pastor-gateway-church/

AbrahamG:

--- Quote from: Skeletor on June 18, 2024, 06:05:55 PM ---Texas megachurch pastor Robert Morris resigns after "inappropriate sexual behavior" with 12-year-old

Robert Morris, the founder and senior pastor at Gateway Church in North Texas, resigned from his position on Tuesday after allegations of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl in the 1980s recently came to light.

On Tuesday, the Board of Elders at Gateway Church, a multi-site megachurch based in Southlake, released a statement saying they accepted Morris' resignation and plan to conduct a thorough "review of the report of past abuse to ensure we have a complete understanding of the events."

Morris allegedly had a sexual relationship with a minor between 1982 and 1987, when he was a traveling Evangelist in his early 20s. On June 14, Cindy Clemishire, whose parents had befriended Morris, publicly accused the pastor of repeatedly molesting her during that period.

Morris founded the church's first location in Southlake in 2000. The evangelical church, one of the largest in the U.S., has grown to nine campuses in North Texas.

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/robert-morris-resigns-texas-pastor-gateway-church/

--- End quote ---

By the looks of him I'm surprised he wasn't diddling their son.

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: AbrahamG on June 18, 2024, 10:14:14 PM ---By the looks of him I'm surprised he wasn't diddling their son.

--- End quote ---
:D I was thinking the same.

Skeletor:

--- Quote from: AbrahamG on June 18, 2024, 10:14:14 PM ---By the looks of him I'm surprised he wasn't diddling their son.

--- End quote ---

He does have that soggy creepy look.

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys also hide several skeletons in their closet.

Skeletor:
Surely this will end up in court.

Louisiana law signed, first in US to require Ten Commandments in the classroom

Louisiana public schools will now be required to display the Ten Commandments in every classroom, following a new law signed on Wednesday by Republican Gov. Jeff Landry.

The first state to take such action, Louisiana's legislation mandates a poster-sized display of the religious rules in “large, easily readable font” for kindergarten classrooms up to state-funded universities starting in 2025.

"If you want to respect the rule of law you've got to start from the original law given, which was Moses," Landry said during the bill-signing ceremony.

The crowd applauded and one "amen" was heard while the governor spoke.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/06/19/ten-commandments-required-louisiana-classrooms-law/74150508007/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version