Author Topic: Thank God he's okay!  (Read 20626 times)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: Thank God he's okay!
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »
Yes Tim, they will be. They will not be on the same programs they are forcing us to use.

and what are you being forced to use?  You get to keep your private or company provided insurance.   a public option or a medicare buy-in just gives you another choice.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2010, 10:03:09 PM »
if it is unrealistic to believe that every person in the united states has the capability to provide themselves with healthcare, then it is the governments role to pool the peoples resources together in order to make it possible for everyone to get healthcare.

that is one of the most basic functions of any government, provide for the people that which they cannot provide for themselves.

It's not the governments role to do anything of the kind!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2010, 10:29:23 PM »
and what are you being forced to use?  You get to keep your private or company provided insurance.   a public option or a medicare buy-in just gives you another choice.
but the real problem is that the govt option will be allowed to charge much less, and more importantly RUN IN THE RED, where a private company can't compete......this will lead to the govt option being the only option.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2010, 11:04:20 PM »
but the real problem is that the govt option will be allowed to charge much less, and more importantly RUN IN THE RED, where a private company can't compete......this will lead to the govt option being the only option.

the VA doesn't run in the red.  Does Medicare?   there is talk of Medicare running out of money in the future, but I think it's not running in the red now.   Not even with the Medicare drug plan that the republicans passed a few years ago, which was a big give away to the pharmaceutical companies.   

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2010, 11:08:22 PM »
the VA doesn't run in the red.  Does Medicare?   there is talk of Medicare running out of money in the future, but I think it's not running in the red now.   Not even with the Medicare drug plan that the republicans passed a few years ago, which was a big give away to the pharmaceutical companies.   

The VA most certainly runs in the red, as it doesn't make a profit. Medicare being a govt run program is funding 100% by tax dollars, so it could be argued that it runs in the red also.....not exactly the same definition, but close enough.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2010, 02:55:26 AM »
The VA most certainly runs in the red, as it doesn't make a profit. Medicare being a govt run program is funding 100% by tax dollars, so it could be argued that it runs in the red also.....not exactly the same definition, but close enough.

the VA shouldn't have to make a profit & as a matter of fact, it should be DEEPER in the red... because of gov't recklessness.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
the VA shouldn't have to make a profit & as a matter of fact, it should be DEEPER in the red... because of gov't recklessness.

I agree it shouldn't, but that wasn't the point of the argument.  And the only reason it doesn't run more deeply in the red is that its not a pork-barrel program for politicians.  If it was, trust me the pigs in Washington would be dumping 20x what they do now into it.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2010, 10:40:12 PM »
Exactly.

As I posted the other day, the libs plan is to totally end private insurance forever by destroying its ability to compete against the government which has nearly unlimited resources (i.e. your money).

It's a joke.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2010, 11:50:20 PM »
It's a joke.

not nearly as much of a joke as people proclaiming free market capitalism propping up monopolies.  

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2010, 04:47:33 AM »
For it to be a monopoly, well, there would have to be only one or two medical insurance companies.

There are not.

Also, ridiculous laws limiting the public's options in terms of purchasing said insurance only serves to create such problems as localized/statewide insurance monopolies.

And government control of health care would be a goverenment monopoly...especially after they put the private sector companies out of business.

Yep, irony is a bitch. ::)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2010, 04:52:04 AM »
Rush is back today.