Author Topic: Cities with the safest drivers  (Read 452 times)

newmom

Cities with the safest drivers
« on: September 01, 2011, 06:50:42 PM »
Well according to Allstate Insurance

http://money.msn.com/auto-insurance/article.aspx?post=f6138940-9f46-4061-a248-a4c76e156fc7&GT1=33033&GT1=33033

Four of the top five safest cities on Allstate's list are located west of the Mississippi River. The country's best drivers are located in:
Fort Collins
Boise, Idaho
Lincoln, Neb.
Chandler, Ariz.
Huntsville, Ala.
Knoxville, Tenn.
Springfield, Mo.
Reno, Nev.
Eugene, Ore.
Chattanooga, Tenn.
Allstate also ranked the cities with the safest drivers and populations of at least 1 million. Again, U.S. cities west of the Mississippi dominate the list, with Phoenix taking the top slot for the seventh straight year. The highest-ranking big cities are:
Phoenix
San Diego
San Antonio
Houston
Chicago

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Cites with the safest drivers
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »
hahahah Houston...if Houston is on the safest drivers list then the rest of the big cities must haver really shitty drivers

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Cites with the safest drivers
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 09:41:45 AM »
Of course in an area with wide open strait roads like in the west are going to be safer then a northeast city with old narrow winding roads.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Cities with the safest drivers
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:54:57 PM »
Have you ever been to Rome ?

or Bombay?

London's rather mad.  >>>At least where you are you have proper motorways/roads built for cars?

Here most streets were built for horses.  

I drove for 13 years in America (Toronto, NY and Fla), without an accident ever, but I was carefully driving wonderful cars which were built for American highways such as T-Birds and Caddies...  

Here now in London I'm scared silly of the roads every single day, so I cycle fast overtaking everything, straight down the middle of the street and it's so dangerous, it's exhilarating.

xxxLinda

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
Re: Cities with the safest drivers
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »
Have you ever been to Rome ?

or Bombay?

London's rather mad.  >>>At least where you are you have proper motorways/roads built for cars?

Here most streets were built for horses.  

I drove for 13 years in America (Toronto, NY and Fla), without an accident ever, but I was carefully driving wonderful cars which were built for American highways such as T-Birds and Caddies...  

Here now in London I'm scared silly of the roads every single day, so I cycle fast overtaking everything, straight down the middle of the street and it's so dangerous, it's exhilarating.

xxxLinda

Yeah. Mumbai is the safest city in the world for driving, trucks, cars rickshaws, motor-bikes, peddle- cycles, all with 0 lane discipline, & playing a constant game of Chicken with each other - what could possibly go wrong??

London is for pussies, I grew up there. The roads are fucking tame.
I sold a very nice Audi before moving here, I will not even buy a car here!! fucking pointless......

PT
Growth/noob loves me