Author Topic: STALLONE!  (Read 39150 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Midnight showing at the ArcLight tonight!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Midnight showing at the ArcLight tonight!

Awesome 8)
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Oman     23 January

hahaha can you believe that shit? according to imdb it opens first in OMAN!

jesus.

Z

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
got my ticket and heading into the dome. (cinemascope theater).

need my raisnettes and diet coke.

8)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
just got out... excellent!

if I had to some it up in one word?

Ramb0wn3d!

Pecs

• Getbig IV
Re: RAMBO PREMIERE TODAY!
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2008, 10:26:03 AM »
did all the beheading, throat pulling and guts spilling scenes stay intact like the 1st "raw and uncut trailer"? because from where i watch, they were all "toned down" >:(

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2008, 11:11:54 AM »
did all the beheading, throat pulling and guts spilling scenes stay intact like the 1st "raw and uncut trailer"? because from where i watch, they were all "toned down" >:(

They seemed like they did quicker camera cutaways... But I don't think it lost any impact.

I saw that guy get turned into Hamburger meat by the 50 cal exactly like the trailer.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2008, 02:49:16 PM »
I am seeing it in two hours. I am sure I will enjoy it, but the reviews are not so good. Fuck 'em, what do they know. Not nearly as excited as when went and saw Rocky Balboa though. I hope he makes Cobra 2 next. After Notorious of course.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371115/
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2008, 07:09:11 PM »
Great movie. Rambo slaughtered those gooks!
E

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2008, 09:38:22 AM »
Great movie. Rambo slaughtered those gooks!
Great I will go and see it.
When it comes to Sly, Arnie the critics always dis the movies but they turn out to be great.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: STALLONE!
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2008, 09:29:45 AM »
Sylvester Stallone Upset Over Potential 'Rambo' Ban In Myanmar

RamboSylvester Stallone has threatened to expose Burma's killing fields if country officials ban his new movie Rambo there. The action man shot the movie in the jungles of Myanmar - formerly Burma - and is upset the violent film might not reach fans following an official crackdown on the distribution of pirated copies of "Rambo."

The Burmese authorities are said to be upset with the plot of the film, in which Stallone's character tackles the country's military in a mission to free a group of captured Christian aid workers.

The angry actor/director fumes, "If the Burmese government has nothing to hide, I am wiling to go there and show the world where thousands of bodies of innocent women and children are buried. Let the generals look me in the eye and tell me they have a free country. It will never happen."
Z

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2008, 12:00:23 PM »
rambo might flop, it made $7M last week.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2008, 11:45:54 PM »
Fucking gay.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2008, 04:17:25 PM »
ok ok!
i finally saw it and i give it thumbs up!  8)

Z

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »
Fucking gay.

His brother is a total wanker, a piece of shit (yep, I have numerous stories about him) and unfortunately his mother isn't very nice either.

Sly can be funny sometimes though.

xL

sorry, i didn't read your entire thread.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »

His brother is a total wanker, a piece of shit (yep, I have numerous stories about him) and unfortunately his mother isn't very nice either.

Sly can be funny sometimes though.

xL

sorry, i didn't read your entire thread.

well tell us a story!

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2008, 07:57:12 AM »
Stallone meets Rocky

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2008, 05:55:57 AM »
This thread’s been dormant a while.
Here’s my own contribution to the ICON…

The following excerpts are from interviews and articles on Stallone’s site:
http://www.sylvesterstallone.com/ExerciseMain.html

To get the lean look of a POW in the film Victory, Sylvester ate only 200 calories a day, all protein food, with an occasional potato, just so he wouldn't faint. In the film he weighed in at 159 pounds, the lightest he ever weighed in his adulthood, until Rocky III.

During the scene where Rocky is pulling a sled, Sly heard a snap. Two weeks later he had excruciating pains in his chest. When he went to the hospital he found out it was a bruised heart muscle. Stallone was back on set filming only 10 days later to complete the movie.

Q: Did you ever take steroids?
In 1987, when I was making Rambo III, I used to take an amino acid that's nearly as strong as steroids. It's about 15 times more powerful than the typical amino acid, but give none of the raw rage - the anger - that comes with steroids. All steroids do is make you a cumbersome, apelike goon.

On training with Columbu:
"Sylvester gained just about 10 pounds in six and a half weeks," Franco says. "He has great structure, with a waist only about 29 inches. When we started, he had a 44-inch chest. At the end, his chest was almost 50 inches. And his arms went from 16 ˝ inches to 18 inches. He was bigger, harder and much more muscular."

Lots of other interesting facts on the site for Stallone buffs.
Check it out when you have time.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2008, 12:58:12 PM »
Interesting website

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2008, 04:56:21 AM »
This thread’s been dormant a while.
Here’s my own contribution to the ICON…

The following excerpts are from interviews and articles on Stallone’s site:
http://www.sylvesterstallone.com/ExerciseMain.html

To get the lean look of a POW in the film Victory, Sylvester ate only 200 calories a day, all protein food, with an occasional potato, just so he wouldn't faint. In the film he weighed in at 159 pounds, the lightest he ever weighed in his adulthood, until Rocky III.

During the scene where Rocky is pulling a sled, Sly heard a snap. Two weeks later he had excruciating pains in his chest. When he went to the hospital he found out it was a bruised heart muscle. Stallone was back on set filming only 10 days later to complete the movie.

Q: Did you ever take steroids?
In 1987, when I was making Rambo III, I used to take an amino acid that's nearly as strong as steroids. It's about 15 times more powerful than the typical amino acid, but give none of the raw rage - the anger - that comes with steroids. All steroids do is make you a cumbersome, apelike goon.

On training with Columbu:
"Sylvester gained just about 10 pounds in six and a half weeks," Franco says. "He has great structure, with a waist only about 29 inches. When we started, he had a 44-inch chest. At the end, his chest was almost 50 inches. And his arms went from 16 ˝ inches to 18 inches. He was bigger, harder and much more muscular."

Lots of other interesting facts on the site for Stallone buffs.
Check it out when you have time.

Growth hormone (GH) is a hormone that stimulates growth and cell reproduction in humans and other animals. It is a 191-amino acid, single chain polypeptide hormone which is synthesized, stored, and secreted by the somatotroph cells within the lateral wings of the anterior pituitary gland. Somatotrophin refers to the growth hormone produced natively in animals, the term somatropin refers to growth hormone produced by recombinant DNA technology[1], and is abbreviated "rhGH" in human. Growth hormone has a variety of functions in the body, the most noticeable of which is the increase of height throughout childhood, and there are several diseases which can be treated through the therapeutic use of GH.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2008, 05:02:34 AM »
Once again, "Great One," your wisdom is astonishing. :)

So, I didn't follow the recent Aussie story all that closely...
Is that the same sh!t the authorities confiscated from Sly during his Rambo publicity tour?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2008, 05:13:06 AM »
Once again, "Great One," your wisdom is astonishing. :)

So, I didn't follow the recent Aussie story all that closely...
Is that the same sh!t the authorities confiscated from Sly during his Rambo publicity tour?

Yep, there are several TV interviews with him where he is stating that "HGH is just an amino acid..."

He is right, but the argumentation is stupid. Just like candidizzle saying he is natural when he shoots testosterone because testosterone is naturally in your body.  ::) ::)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2008, 05:14:14 AM »
I love stallone, but his been taking steroids for ever, he just changes the name to "strong amino acid" if he said steroids the whole "Rocky-underdog" thing he was loved for would be a farce.

He tried telling older folks to do his excercises to keep fit and look better

When all along its this that was making it work for him

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2008, 05:22:24 AM »
I love stallone, but his been taking steroids for ever, he just changes the name to "strong amino acid" if he said steroids the whole "Rocky-underdog" thing he was loved for would be a farce.

He tried telling older folks to do his excercises to keep fit and look better

When all along its this that was making it work for him

Yep, also his whole overpriced supplement line was totally bogus shit trying to sell off his celebrity status for some poor idiots who believed that tribulus and protein pudding could make you look like Rambo.