Author Topic: Lee Haney - the greatest Mr. O of all time!  (Read 33404 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Lee Haney - the greatest Mr. O of all time!
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!  This is another reason why Haney is the best all time. Unlike Dorian and Ronnie. Haney didn't end up a mangled mess in the end and went out on top looking his best. Haney was living art!  No homo. and LOLOL @ Big Bubba Ronnie.

Haney retired on top and I don't think we'll see that again. Great family man true Hebrew man of God unlike the sinner Ronnie and his 15 kids , Haney puts his money where is mouth is , he gave back to the community with his Harvest House

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2013, 07:05:19 PM »
LMAO there is NOT a Dorian picture you could post that I haven't seen already ( no homo )

Lol, really. You prove my point so effortlessly. You are a Dorian fag who lusts for the man. Your obsession is not normal. You defend him like you were his wife lol. You are his bitch ND. DY says jump and ND says how high. LOL

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: Another Lee Haney Thread. The greatest Mr. O of all time
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2013, 12:08:50 AM »
schmoing in some more pics (no homo)

That's a 260 pound monster right there.... :o

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2013, 12:15:18 AM »
Yeah Buddy  ;D

Was that the '83 or the '84 Mr. Olympia competition?

ukjeff

« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2013, 12:24:19 AM »
Haney dominated his era, in a couple of Olympias he had one call out in prejudging.
Total domination.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2013, 01:47:13 AM »
One of the best pictures ever IMO of Lee in 1986, Haney's 1991 shape Vs Yates in 1992....50/50....Vs Yates in 1993 No chance, Yates 1993 Vs 1998 Coleman 50/50 ether way both Arguably @ their Peaks in those 2 Competitions

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2013, 04:05:59 AM »
Haney dominated his era, in a couple of Olympias he had one call out in prejudging.
Total domination.
wow you are a dumb fuck, really" that is why he lost rounds to labrada and Yates right Einstein.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2013, 04:27:42 AM »
Although Ronnie is only five years older than Lee he is two generations apart.

People forget how young Lee was during his Olympic reign, 24-30 years old. Ronnie was 34 when he won his first Olympia.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2013, 05:04:59 AM »
The taper on Haney was absolutely sickening. Look at this!  This is insane!
And no big stupid legs that are non-functional.
Agreed Uncle wiggs, my Hebrews  brotha from anotha motha. Fucking fuck those turnip looking abominations called modern quad.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2013, 10:50:45 AM »

People forget how young Lee was during his Olympic reign, 24-30 years old. Ronnie was 34 when he won his first Olympia.
wow, that is bizarre  :o

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2013, 10:59:33 AM »

I think you meant Lee five years older than Ronnie but yes you are correct about totally different eras and drugs.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
I'm a bit biased, but all things being equal: food, drugs, training...

Haney would beat anyone from any era. And he'd remain humble, approachable, and down to earth in the process.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »
I'm a bit biased, but all things being equal: food, drugs, training...

Haney would beat anyone from any era. And he'd remain humble, approachable, and down to earth in the process.

This x 100

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2013, 11:52:54 AM »
Haney was a "Hybrid" (and actually believe it or not one of the first "mass monsters"/before Haney it was almost unheard of that a guy his height competed at around 240 lbs,Haney had beautiful lines,structure and mass...(his back esp was a sight to see in person...it looked like shit was alive/moving,exploding into fibers) haney had a small waist (could hit a vacuum shot) .. he just had it all (who is the best "Mr Olympia" is debatable.....Ronnie was the biggest....Arnold did the most for the sport and Yates ushered in the whole mass monsters thing......gotta remember before Haney it was guys like Dickerson,Bannout and franco winning the Mr O ....for me Lee Haney was and always will be the greatest.....mass with class personified! 

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2013, 11:55:16 AM »
The taper on Haney was absolutely sickening. Look at this!  This is insane!
And no big stupid legs that are non-functional.

Dorians actual shoulder width looks narrow compared to Lee in this shot for whatever reason

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2013, 12:51:22 PM »
Was that the '83 or the '84 Mr. Olympia competition?

83 where he placed 3rd

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
I think you meant Lee five years older than Ronnie but yes you are correct about totally different eras and drugs.

Yes, my mistake. Lee was born in Nov. 1959 and Ronnie May 1964. So Lee was just a month or so away from being born in 1960. They are for all practical purposes, contemporaries. I mean the age difference is greater between Jay and Phil.

Lee retired when most BBs are just hitting their stride. Second only to Arnold in their respected eras. And a great, great champion and human being as well. The last of the great era of bodybuilders. It all went down hill after that. I think Lee was pretty much as good as the human body was ever going to get before you start getting into the deformed mutated look that we have today

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2013, 05:53:27 PM »
Impossible to compare Haney and Yates. Lee without any doubt responded better to AAS then Dorian, but we'll never know how his liver would have handled big doses of gh. He sure didn't care to know, since he accomplished everything a bodybuilder can possibly wish to accomplish.

By going from era into another, we're talking about completely different genetic requirements.

Yates and Haney were both king in their own era, and I feel comfortable to suppose that Dorian would have been second to Lee in Lee's era, and that Lee would have been second to Dorian if he had continued (he was only 32 when he retired).

Prime Dorian (= early Dorian) was better then Lee and that's only logical: with gh you can go way further then with aas alone. But Lee reigned for 8 years straight without his physique deteriorating.

With Lee's genetically tiny waist, if he started using gh in the amounts that pros where using in the Dorian era he would have easily carried another 25lbs of muscle with not that much effect on his waist line. Not as much as it effected Dorian. I am a big fan of Dorian but genetically he was vastly inferior to Haney.

All else being equal, Lee would win every time. Every damn time.

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2013, 05:56:30 PM »
yes, one of the last true bodybuilders, great upperbody, with a couple freaky parts (ahem)

narrow waist, good legs not the grotesque veiny balloons on top of spindles that modern blobs have

add in the Arnold'esque tooth gap, he had it all

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2013, 05:57:19 PM »
With Lee's genetically tiny waist, if he started using gh in the amounts that pros where using in the Dorian era he would have easily carried another 25lbs of muscle with not that much effect on his waist line. Not as much as it effected Dorian. I am a big fan of Dorian but genetically he was vastly inferior to Haney.

YEAH!!!  That's what I like to see TEAM HANEY!  How the dude with the most Olympias and least amount of losses as Mr. O is rarely talked about is beyond me. Freaks have proven to have ruined bodybuilding in the long run. Haney reigns supreme!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2013, 06:02:29 PM »

To say Lee had an advantage in genetics to Dorian is one thing , to claim Dorian was vastly inferior is just nonsense. Why? you offer no explanation how he is ' vastly inferior ' just an assertion.

Contrary to the cliched response Dorian's genetics were exceptional and just because he didn't have a light frame like Haney or Flex doesn't mean he wasn't every bit as special in terms of genetics , they had their advantage as did Dorian

Genetically did Lee Haney have vastly superior balance & proportion compared to Yates? NO. How about density & dryness?  NO. The rub against Haney was he was all torso , Great back & pecs , delts and tiny midsection , his arms lagged behind and his legs were way behind. Haney has his advantages for sure but as far as genetics are concerned he's no more special than Dorian

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2013, 06:40:42 PM »
To say Lee had an advantage in genetics to Dorian is one thing , to claim Dorian was vastly inferior is just nonsense. Why? you offer no explanation how he is ' vastly inferior ' just an assertion.

Contrary to the cliched response Dorian's genetics were exceptional and just because he didn't have a light frame like Haney or Flex doesn't mean he wasn't every bit as special in terms of genetics , they had their advantage as did Dorian

Genetically did Lee Haney have vastly superior balance & proportion compared to Yates? NO. How about density & dryness?  NO. The rub against Haney was he was all torso , Great back & pecs , delts and tiny midsection , his arms lagged behind and his legs were way behind. Haney has his advantages for sure but as far as genetics are concerned he's no more special than Dorian
Haney overall the best ever before the bloated waists which have ruined Bodybuilding.

I feel another Ronnie vs Dorian conversation coming on between ND and Hulkster one of the longest threads ever.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2013, 06:42:31 PM »
Haney overall the best ever before the bloated waists which have ruined Bodybuilding.

I feel another Ronnie vs Dorian conversation coming on between ND and Hulkster one of the longest threads ever.

Nah like Ronnie's he's done lol

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2013, 06:44:18 PM »

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »
Lol, this is the epitome of the greatest BB ever according to ND  ::) ::) ::) ::)