Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 753662 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #5675 on: March 31, 2021, 11:40:03 AM »
Why would anyone buy products with Bitcoin?  A shirt that cost $20 could end up costing you thousands if paid with Bitcoin.
Assuming Bitcoin @ $59,000:

At today's rate $20 = 0.000338983 BTC

Assuming Bitcoin @ $1 million:

$1,000,000 x 0.000338983 = $339

So if someone bought a $20 shirt with Bitcoin it could end up costing them $339 if Bitcoin's price went to $1 million. Then again there is no guarantee Bitcoin will go that high.

That being said I am not sure why someone would want to buy products with Bitcoin. It makes more sense to buy with a stable coin. There's also the issue that it becomes a taxable event if you buy a product with Bitcoin because now it has become a realized capital gain because you sold it for a product worth $20.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5676 on: March 31, 2021, 12:10:07 PM »
A follow up message posted yesterday said the files were accessed from the PWC network file servers and would be released in encrypted form to major news media outlets. The encrypted key to open the files would be released publicly unless Romney paid the hackers $1 million by transferring that amount -- in the virtual currency called Bitcoins -- to a specific account. However, if someone else wants the information to be released publicly sooner than that, they would need to transfer the same amount to a different Bitcoin account, the message said.

Is this the oldest Bitcoin post on Getbig? I did an advanced search and found it. I thought Goodrum posted about this in 2010 or 2011?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5677 on: April 01, 2021, 01:29:13 AM »
I said the same thing when btc jumped from 200 to 400, 400-800 then hit 1k in 2016. 7 years later im desensitized to these market swings. Ive never traded in stocks, bonds ETFs. Id assume they would be a walk in the park in terms of my mental frame work. 1-5% dips at worse lol.

They had a chance to kill this thing 10years ago. Each passing day the network grows stronger as do peoples resolve and their ideas become unshakeable.

If you said to me when I first purchased  btc I would be looking at a 35000%+ I would of laughed in your face. Double my investment is what I hoped for.

Your projections  of 500k+ in a smallish time frame  arent so laughable for the initiated.

A fair viewpoint.

Well plenty are being liquidated on margin so maybe that is enough for the crypto Gods to spare the rest of us?

We are overheated, early and apparently nobody is going to sell and everybody is going to HODL. I have a couple of ideas of how it might play out, we will soon see.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5678 on: April 01, 2021, 07:00:13 AM »
For those last few remaining here that still don't "get it"...

PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch this:

Becoming a wholecoiner is still in realistic reach for many of us living in modern and wealthy countries of the modern world. For almost all, wholecoiner status will be an almost impossible dream in a decade from now.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5679 on: April 01, 2021, 10:23:18 AM »
https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cryptocurrency/21/04/20439151/why-is-ethereum-surging-outperforming-bitcoin-today

Why Is Ethereum Surging, Outperforming Bitcoin Today?

Gains in Bitcoin (BTC) appear faint in comparison with Ethereum (ETH) as the latter’s supply diminishes.

What Happened: BTC traded 0.13% at $59,285.22 over 24 hours at press time while ETH was up 4.08% at $1,925.03.

Over a seven-day trailing period, ETH has surged 21.92%, while BTC has moved up 12.77%.

CryptoQuant data indicates ETH reserves held in all wallets fell to 19.53 million as of March 31 as prices soared over $1,921.

On Wednesday, OpenSea, a non-fungible token marketplace said it would add support for trading through Immutable X, a decentralized protocol built on Ethereum, which it said would enable zero gas fee.

Why It Matters:

BTC has been losing its dominance as the largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization of late. This week the dominance fell to its lowest since October last year.

At press time, BTC had a 56.6% dominance, while ETH had 11.7%, according to CoinMarketCap data.

On Monday, Visa Inc (NYSE:V) announced a pilot to allow transactions to be settled through USD Coin (USDC) on its network.

Reacting to the development, analyst Michaël van de Poppe said on Twitter that Ethereum was “going to surprise everyone massively."

He had previously predicted a $10,000 price level for ETH.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5680 on: April 01, 2021, 03:45:11 PM »
ETH rising is due to seasonality. The news isn’t influencing what is going on at the moment.

None of the data structure has broken yet so it will trend like last time.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5681 on: April 01, 2021, 09:23:55 PM »
WTF crypto matrix folks, haha.

"Microsoft has proposed a method to generate cryptocurrency by monitoring people's brain activity and other personal biometric data.

A new patent titled "Cryptocurrency System Using Body Activity Data" describes how a person could attach various sensors to their body to earn cryptocurrency through a process known as mining."

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/microsoft-cryptocurrency-mining-brain-waves-body-data-bitcoin-a9480766.html?amp

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5682 on: April 02, 2021, 03:01:01 AM »
WTF crypto matrix folks, haha.

"Microsoft has proposed a method to generate cryptocurrency by monitoring people's brain activity and other personal biometric data.

A new patent titled "Cryptocurrency System Using Body Activity Data" describes how a person could attach various sensors to their body to earn cryptocurrency through a process known as mining."

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/microsoft-cryptocurrency-mining-brain-waves-body-data-bitcoin-a9480766.html?amp

Maybe keep away from the internet given it’s April Fools.....

The internet is reporting April Fool jokes as factual information and it’s confusing the shit out of people.

Twitter is just a mess right now lol.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5683 on: April 02, 2021, 03:03:06 AM »

The internet is reporting April Fool jokes as factual information and it’s confusing the shit out of people.

Not April Fools - this article is legit.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5684 on: April 02, 2021, 07:03:29 AM »
COINBASE TO LIST ON 14th APRIL!!!

WOW! Now this is going to be EPIC, and another HUGE step for Bitcoin.

The company will trade on the Nasdaq under ticker symbol COIN.

And once again, this close to completes the total self-ownership for Mr Anabolic, who repeatedly claimed that the Government would "ban Bitcoin" (which is of course impossible to do). What a glorious moment that listing will be (as well as a moment of self-humiliation for those who were wrong...)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/coinbase-direct-listing-set-for-april-14-after-sec-approval.html

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5685 on: April 02, 2021, 10:47:07 AM »

WOW! Now this is going to be EPIC, and another HUGE step for Bitcoin.

And once again, this close to completes the total self-ownership for Mr Anabolic, who repeatedly claimed that the Government would "ban Bitcoin" (which is of course impossible to do). What a glorious moment that listing will be (as well as a moment of self-humiliation for those who were wrong...)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/coinbase-direct-listing-set-for-april-14-after-sec-approval.html
More people to scam.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5686 on: April 02, 2021, 12:36:27 PM »

WOW! Now this is going to be EPIC, and another HUGE step for Bitcoin, Ethereum and many cryptocurrencies.

Fixed for accuracy!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5687 on: April 02, 2021, 12:37:00 PM »
Ethereum new ATH of $2,074

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5688 on: April 02, 2021, 01:05:14 PM »
anyione into lower cap alt coins? any suggestions?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5689 on: April 02, 2021, 01:54:30 PM »

Ahem...

https://news.bitcoin.com/microsoft-cryptocurrency-system/

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5690 on: April 02, 2021, 02:36:59 PM »
anyione into lower cap alt coins? any suggestions?

I have one just for the fuck of it.

NEO which I consider low cap.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5691 on: April 02, 2021, 02:46:25 PM »

Ahem...

https://news.bitcoin.com/microsoft-cryptocurrency-system/

Well it seems I was wrong lol.

Although it’s only a patent for that purpose, doesn’t say anything about having a market ready product. Companies file patents for anything and everything well before products are ready.

Phones, smart watches, activity trackers, all can mine crypto given they are connected devices. The Microsoft one sounds like they are trying to work around those devices via use of brainwaves/heat/kinetic. It’ll be a watch or some shit.

Watch the Tv show Silicon Valley as it’ll be along those lines in the future where they hook into all the home devices in a standby mode to use their cpu to perform work. You’re smart fridge will mine crypto and earn you money.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5692 on: April 03, 2021, 07:23:00 AM »
After the weekend and holiday when markets open again on Tuesday we could see another major correction?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5693 on: April 03, 2021, 09:38:15 AM »
After the weekend and holiday when markets open again on Tuesday we could see another major correction?

Why?  I think this ethereum run is an indicator of things to happen with lower cap alts very soon. similar to 2017. Possibly some parabolic runs where you can make insane money getting in and out. put that money back into bitcoin and it will take off again.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5694 on: April 05, 2021, 03:42:37 AM »
Thoughts on Ripple/XRP?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5695 on: April 05, 2021, 07:16:07 AM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5696 on: April 05, 2021, 02:25:26 PM »
Shit.
Why? It has a clear use case. And so far it looks like the Ripple defense has been outmaneuvering the SEC. They even have a former SEC chair on their legal team lol!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/sec-is-dead-wrong-former-chair-mary-jo-white-defends-ripple-in-pivotal-crypto-case/ar-BB1dPLwY

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5697 on: April 05, 2021, 05:50:28 PM »
Why? It has a clear use case. And so far it looks like the Ripple defense has been outmaneuvering the SEC. They even have a former SEC chair on their legal team lol!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/sec-is-dead-wrong-former-chair-mary-jo-white-defends-ripple-in-pivotal-crypto-case/ar-BB1dPLwY

Why add more speculation to an already very speculative market to your plate? Who needs the headache.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5698 on: April 05, 2021, 06:39:11 PM »

I think will ultimately settle after paying a large fine, and making various undertakings on future conduct,

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5699 on: April 05, 2021, 06:54:29 PM »
Ethereum new ATH of around $2,174 about 1 hour ago.