Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 728830 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #5700 on: April 05, 2021, 07:01:35 PM »
Why add more speculation to an already very speculative market to your plate? Who needs the headache.
I've had XRP since 2018. So just hodling what I already had. Ripple's ATH was around $3.40 in 2018. It could go much higher especially if the SEC case is resolved.

Many people are starting to look at the crypto space as a mini universe with interoperability between various blockchains. One blockchain alone won't get the job done. You'll have a few "store of value" blockchains and a few utility blockchains. And a few that specialize in a certain niche area.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/05/blockchain-interoperability-utility-effectiveness

How interoperability establishes blockchain's utility and effectiveness for trade finance

One blockchain network will simply be unable to provide all the needs for any given trade transaction. There will need to be multiple networks, each providing specific value. Data from private networks can be routed to other relevant networks for transactions without having to establish a one-to-one integration.

“Everyone is dependent on physical goods’ ability to move across all participants in the global supply chain with minimal friction. We need the same ability to move a digital asset from one blockchain to another without creating redundant data or a new market for intermediaries. This is why blockchain interoperability is critical.” Rasmus Winther Mølbjerg, Director, Deloitte, Denmark.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5701 on: April 05, 2021, 09:14:42 PM »
Ripple’s total daily transaction fees are lower than polkodot and Dodgcoin.

Meaning nobody uses the thing.......

The horse bolted on XRP and Ethereum took over. For now at least, a play on XRP is sheer speculation on speculators pumping the price which is no different to what is happening on shitcoins.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5702 on: April 05, 2021, 11:30:42 PM »
In South Africa, XRP is the main cryptocurrency used to transfer between exchanges due its speed and low transfer fees. Locally and internationally.

For instance, some foreign exchanges do not accept deposits in ZAR, so a local exchange is used to purchase XRP and then the XRP is transferred to an international exchange where other cryptocurrencies can be purchased.

I would imagine it could be similar in other countries.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5703 on: April 06, 2021, 02:57:09 AM »
In South Africa, XRP is the main cryptocurrency used to transfer between exchanges due its speed and low transfer fees. Locally and internationally.

For instance, some foreign exchanges do not accept deposits in ZAR, so a local exchange is used to purchase XRP and then the XRP is transferred to an international exchange where other cryptocurrencies can be purchased.

I would imagine it could be similar in other countries.

I had xrp since 2018 as well. After the issues with the sec I got rid of it and haven't looked back. I know there is a loyal army out there that back xrp dso it might do well for some, as has been the case recently but I see it mainly asa pump.and dump more than anything.else. id rather take my chance on a cheaper shit coin for a better return if the timing is right.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5704 on: April 06, 2021, 03:56:44 AM »
I had xrp since 2018 as well. After the issues with the sec I got rid of it and haven't looked back. I know there is a loyal army out there that back xrp dso it might do well for some, as has been the case recently but I see it mainly asa pump.and dump more than anything.else. id rather take my chance on a cheaper shit coin for a better return if the timing is right.
XRP is back to number 4. And if it goes up a little more it will be back in the number 3 spot.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5705 on: April 06, 2021, 03:58:44 AM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/scaramucci-bitcoin-apex-predator-ethereum-014728081.html

Scaramucci: Bitcoin Is The Apex Predator, But Ethereum Will Be The Actual Store Of Value

Samyuktha Sriram
Mon, April 5, 2021, 8:47 PM·2 min read

Anthony Scaramucci, known Bitcoin proponent heading global investment firm SkyBridge Capital, believes that the future of the digital asset in investment portfolios is inevitable.

What Happened: In a recent interview with CNBC, Scaramucci called it "the apex predator in the space. I tell my clients whether you like it or not, the world is moving into digitization.”

SkyBridge Capital’s Bitcoin Fund LP holds over $600 million worth of Bitcoin at present, and two weeks ago, the firm applied for the SEC approval of a Bitcoin ETF.

However, by Scaramucci’s own admission, SkyBridge’s focus on Bitcoin may have more to do with its clients’ preferences rather than his own.

“I predicted Ethereum has good fundamentals and will grow, but I’m in an institutionalist sort of business. I think like an institutionalist, and I’ve got to get my clients thinking about cryptocurrency and digital assets. So, as a first step, I’m focused on Bitcoin and we only have now a Bitcoin fund,” he said.

Why It Matters: In recent months, Ethereum has risen in popularity, and price, after its use cases extended beyond DeFi (decentralized finance) into the realm of NFTs (non-fungible tokens).

The second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap has garnered support from high-profile investors, including Mark Cuban, who recently revealed his bullish stance on Ethereum, calling it a “hotbed of continuous innovation”.

Scaramucci appeared to share this belief too, as he went on to state, "The technology around Ethereum is going to make it a sticky cryptocurrency and a store of value and something people will transact with.”

What Else: While he wouldn’t recommend a 20% portfolio allocation towards cryptocurrency just yet, Scaramucci thinks that an allocation between one and three percent would be ideal for investors.

“When you think about our children... they're going to be very comfortable transacting in Ethereum or Bitcoin, and I’ve got to get my clients ready for that,” he said.

“If they have a 1, 2, or 3% position they're going to look at us as fiduciaries and think they were very well served.”

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5706 on: April 06, 2021, 04:30:41 AM »
Forgetting BTC for a moment the question now becomes which ALT coins will be the next big thing? Also, provide coins with low prices (< $50).

What are your top 5 and why?

"1"

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #5707 on: April 06, 2021, 04:37:00 AM »
Forgetting BTC for a moment the question now becomes which ALT coins will be the next big thing? Also, provide coins with low prices (< $50).

"1"

lol how bout gettin' a job? ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5708 on: April 06, 2021, 05:43:42 AM »
lol how bout gettin' a job? ::)

I'm sorry, but who are you?

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5709 on: April 06, 2021, 06:20:13 AM »

"1"

Vechain, Theta, Thetafuel, chainlink, ill give you more in a bit.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5710 on: April 06, 2021, 06:38:21 AM »

Vechain, I've heard some good things about that. I'll look into it more.

Reasoning behind these selections?

"1"

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5711 on: April 06, 2021, 09:36:08 AM »

Good call.

Only about 10c, has a decent chance to 10x, especially considering widening adoption across China and Asia and doesn't really have competition in what it does:

The blockchain is used as a tracker, mostly in supply-chain logistics, and mostly for their customers - large corporations.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5712 on: April 06, 2021, 09:48:41 AM »
Vechain, I've heard some good things about that. I'll look into it more.

Reasoning behind these selections?

"1"

Look up theta and who they are partnered with.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5713 on: April 06, 2021, 09:59:18 AM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/scaramucci-bitcoin-apex-predator-ethereum-014728081.html

Scaramucci: Bitcoin Is The Apex Predator, But Ethereum Will Be The Actual Store Of Value

Samyuktha Sriram

Anthony Scaramucci, known Bitcoin proponent heading global investment firm SkyBridge Capital, believes that the future of the digital asset in investment portfolios is inevitable.

What Happened: In a recent interview with CNBC, Scaramucci called it "the apex predator in the space. I tell my clients whether you like it or not, the world is moving into digitization.”

SkyBridge Capital’s Bitcoin Fund LP holds over $600 million worth of Bitcoin at present, and two weeks ago, the firm applied for the SEC approval of a Bitcoin ETF.

However, by Scaramucci’s own admission, SkyBridge’s focus on Bitcoin may have more to do with its clients’ preferences rather than his own.

“I predicted Ethereum has good fundamentals and will grow, but I’m in an institutionalist sort of business. I think like an institutionalist, and I’ve got to get my clients thinking about cryptocurrency and digital assets. So, as a first step, I’m focused on Bitcoin and we only have now a Bitcoin fund,” he said.

Why It Matters: In recent months, Ethereum has risen in popularity, and price, after its use cases extended beyond DeFi (decentralized finance) into the realm of NFTs (non-fungible tokens).

The second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap has garnered support from high-profile investors, including Mark Cuban, who recently revealed his bullish stance on Ethereum, calling it a “hotbed of continuous innovation”.

Scaramucci appeared to share this belief too, as he went on to state, "The technology around Ethereum is going to make it a sticky cryptocurrency and a store of value and something people will transact with.”

What Else: While he wouldn’t recommend a 20% portfolio allocation towards cryptocurrency just yet, Scaramucci thinks that an allocation between one and three percent would be ideal for investors.

“When you think about our children... they're going to be very comfortable transacting in Ethereum or Bitcoin, and I’ve got to get my clients ready for that,” he said.

“If they have a 1, 2, or 3% position they're going to look at us as fiduciaries and think they were very well served.”
The Unicorn is the apex predator but the Leprechaun will be the actual store of value (because of his pot of gold).

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5714 on: April 06, 2021, 01:39:52 PM »

Samyuktha Sriram

What

Talk about a misleading title!

The guy never made that statement. The use of the word ‘but’ is incredibly misleading as it implies Bitcoin is not a store of value, he never said anything of the sort.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5715 on: April 06, 2021, 09:48:49 PM »
Agreed, lots of misleading and out of context stuff going around.

BTC is the apex predator consuming more and more store of value assets. Currently in the process of subsuming gold.

It is correct that ETH, apart from facilitating smart contracts, is used by some as a store of value also, but these concepts are very different. BTC is KING in the store of value space.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5716 on: April 06, 2021, 09:50:40 PM »
On a related note, BTC seems to have really established a solid support level at $50,000. And ETH similarly so at $1800 (albeit maybe not quite as solid).

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5717 on: April 06, 2021, 11:23:02 PM »
On a related note, BTC seems to have really established a solid support level at $50,000. And ETH similarly so at $1800 (albeit maybe not quite as solid).

55k is now the 2nd largest HODL point second to 11k and this is where the metrics and models begin to blow up.

The reason models are blowing up is because they are all based on diminishing returns on the assumption there is a base level of market establishment and maturing thereafter.

We have a BTC mining halving event each 4yrs in May give or take followed by a bullrun in the 18mths afterwards. This is what i have been watching more than models.

This run vs Jun 2016 -3% vs 27%  so we started on the back foot out of the gate.
This run vs Oct 2016 46% vs 31% so we covered the gap and overtook during this period.
This run vs Dec 2016 207% vs 83%
This run vs Mar 2017 495% vs 105%

To put that into perspective if BTC were to hold where it is for April.....May.....June.. ...July.... we would merely be even with the growth bullrun of 2017 up to that point (we are 4 months ahead).

We can further crush the diminishing returns argument when we look at the overall trend for the 9 month period post halving. In the 2017 bullrun the peak month change was 31%, 2 months of 27%, 1 month of 23% and the rest all smaller. In this bullrun we have a peak of 47%, 43% and 36% with the remaining mostly in the 20s.

Of the 9 months we have had 3 months with larger MOM growth than the peak growth during the 2017 bullrun. Of the remaining 6 months half were approx 25%. In other words, the entire 9 months trend is blowing apart the trend of the 2017 run and this is why the models are beginning to blow up in kind.

So where does it end up?

Well in 2017, 5 of the remaining 9 months with massive growth - 50% upwards so this is what we are looking at. In Q2 2017 we saw 125% growth over the previous March close.

Therefore during Q2 2021 if we expect the growth to decrease from the previous 9 months to the level of 2017, using 125% growth we would see a price approx 132k before end of June.

If we do not see a price around that mark, it means the trend is broken.........

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5718 on: April 07, 2021, 05:07:49 AM »
Prior trends and halvening cycle metrics are certainly interesting.

The big game changer this time around is the huge flow of institutional money coming in. Lets see if price moves in line or exceeds the trend.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5719 on: April 07, 2021, 05:39:15 AM »
Prior trends and halvening cycle metrics are certainly interesting.

The big game changer this time around is the huge flow of institutional money coming in. Lets see if price moves in line or exceeds the trend.

I’d argue the lead cause is monetary policy which is having flow on effects such as institutional investment.

If it were not for trillions in stimulus since the initial lockdown, would the institutions still be buying the volumes we have seen? Previous models were done prior to the pandemic and therefore cannot possibly factor in stimulus into the models because it didn’t exist. Hence things are blowing up and no longer working.

I mentioned earlier about something having to go wrong, it can swing both ways. A lower high catching people out or a higher high followed by a fake out bear market. Data from May 2020 to close March 2021 indicates a trend far greater in growth than we saw in 2017. Stimulus continues to take place and will be exponential over time leading to continued behavioural changes by the financial markets.

If I use the same mom growth from April to Dec as 2017 I get to a 900k spike at year end. If I cap the peak growth months to 47% which is the peak so far this bullrun I get around 540k.

There is also the possibility that no parabolic movement appears......won’t that be a headfuck for people lol.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5720 on: April 07, 2021, 06:25:59 AM »
https://coinmarketcap.com/headlines/news/miami-ethereum-city-services-blockchain/

Miami is collaborating with Ethereum developers to put city services on the blockchain

Miami Mayor Francis Suarez turned heads earlier this year when he said he wanted the Florida city to add bitcoin to its treasury.

Now, Suarez is pushing a commitment for the city to explore crypto by turning his attention to Ethereum. According to a new episode of The Scoop, Ethereum creator Vitalik Buterin and Suarez announced that they have embarked on a new collaborative project focused on city services.

To be sure, it's early days for the initiative, but the two have met on two occasions now and talks about the scope of the initiative continue.

"We're trying to come up with a project that goes through the foundation and directly with Ethereum that we can do with the city," said Suarez. "We want the city directly involved in a way that demonstrates the applicability of the software so that we can continue to provide better services for our residents."

According to Suarez, decentralized information systems are becoming a priority for Miami, especially with looming security concerns like the upcoming hurricane season.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5721 on: April 08, 2021, 12:38:57 AM »
Yeah - very cool Miami. Over time we will see more companies offer to pay employees in Bitcoin. But great if your employers is offering this as an option now.

I heard some of the food delivery companies are already doing this for their drivers. Smart ones will take BTC and Hodl. Typical losers will take cash and spend it.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5722 on: April 08, 2021, 04:06:00 AM »
Yeah - very cool Miami. Over time we will see more companies offer to pay employees in Bitcoin. But great if your employers is offering this as an option now.

I heard some of the food delivery companies are already doing this for their drivers. Smart ones will take BTC and Hodl. Typical losers will take cash and spend it.
Might as well pay employees with Monopoly money.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5723 on: April 09, 2021, 02:01:30 AM »
Might as well pay employees with Monopoly money.

Dude, do you still not get it???

It's THE USD THAT IS THE MONOPOLY MONEY!

How can that be so hard to comprehend? I have been explaining this since the beginning of the thread. Could I suggest you please take the time to re-read the entire thread and then really have a deep think. Let your stubbornness go, and open your mind a little. You will be the better for it. Trust me.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5724 on: April 09, 2021, 10:08:44 AM »
Dude, do you still not get it???

It's THE USD THAT IS THE MONOPOLY MONEY!

How can that be so hard to comprehend? I have been explaining this since the beginning of the thread. Could I suggest you please take the time to re-read the entire thread and then really have a deep think. Let your stubbornness go, and open your mind a little. You will be the better for it. Trust me.

It's pride with these types of people. They can never admit they're wrong no matter how ridiculous they look.

Soon enough you will able to be able to buy a house with one BTC and for them(and their silly delusions) it will still be "worth less than a glass of water".