Author Topic: Tito Ortiz to Re-Sign with UFC?  (Read 2027 times)

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
Tito Ortiz to Re-Sign with UFC?
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »
Don't be surprised if Tito Ortiz's last fight is with the UFC. Sources close to the situation have informed us that despite being courted by several other organizations, Ortiz apparently prefers to finish his career with the organization he started it with and is currently considering possible fight offers from the UFC.

Although no contract agreement has been reached, Ortiz has been in negotiations and was offered potential fights with UFC light heavyweights Houston Alexander, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou and Stephan Bonnar to name a few.

As evidenced by the standing ovation he received from the crowd in attendance during his unanimous decision loss to Lyoto Machida, Ortiz is still a big draw amongst fans. The overwhelming support he received could be one of the reasons why Ortiz, who's grown accustomed to his superstar status and fighting in front of 10,000+ fans, would prefer to stay with the UFC, undeniably the biggest and most popular MMA organization in the world. Another reason could be that despite going winless in his last three fights, Ortiz is still only one or two fights away from a title shot.

Ironically, he holds a controversial split-decision win over newly crowned UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin and he also has a draw with Rashad Evans, who will be facing Chuck Liddell later this year at UFC 88: Breakthrough to determine the next challenger for the UFC light heavyweight title. Depending on the outcome of that fight, there are several lucrative possibilities for both Tito Ortiz and the UFC and both sides have been working diligently to come to terms despite Dana White once saying,"I have no interest whatsoever in being in the Tito Ortiz business." He may have no interest, but if it makes dollars, it makes sense.

Thompson, B., (2008, July). Tito ortiz to resign with ufc? Retrieved July 10, 2008, from
      http://www.mmauniverse.com/news/SS3176

What do you guys think about that?

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Tito Ortiz to Re-Sign with UFC?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »
Overrated as a modderfuker.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
First off, Dana will do anything for money, thats obvious and so will Tito.  2nd, no way in hell would Dana put Tito in there with Forrest right away, his poster boy, just for some fluke to happen and give the belt to Tito right away.  So that leaves a whole lot of fights for both of them to go through before they could meet up...but then again, Dana never disappoints people with some off the wall crazy moves that keep us all coming back for more...Tito is exciting, he sells a shit load of tickets/ppv, he brings something to the sport that most fighters can't dream of in terms of the "wow" factor.  Other than that, come fight time, he never brings it...Maybe Tito's next shirt will read "...I'm Dana's Bitch"!!! :o :o :o

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »
Other than that, come fight time, he never brings it...Maybe Tito's next shirt will read "...I'm Dana's Bitch"!!! :o :o :o
[/quote]
 :D

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 10:55:10 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:00:38 AM »
Tito may have not been at his best in the last few fights, but he still managed to beat the current title holder and got a draw with the #3 contender.  He still draws a crowd and has the ability to recapture the title if his pulls it together. Oh, and trust me on this, Dana doesn't have the power he once did.
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:06:58 AM »
Tito may have not been at his best in the last few fights, but he still managed to beat the current title holder and got a draw with the #3 contender.  He still draws a crowd and has the ability to recapture the title if his pulls it together. Oh, and trust me on this, Dana doesn't have the power he once did.

Spot on.  Ortiz could wear that belt again.  Now would be the time to be back in the UFC.  I'd like to see a Rampage/Ortiz fight.

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:53:50 AM »
Spot on.  Ortiz could wear that belt again.  Now would be the time to be back in the UFC.  I'd like to see a Rampage/Ortiz fight.

I definitely second that motion.

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 04:19:28 PM »
I third that! Tito vs Rampage!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 07:00:27 PM »

Never happen they are good friends and won't do it....

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »

Tito would lose. ;)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 08:13:55 PM »
Never happen they are good friends and won't do it....
Rampage has already said he would because he knows it would be a big payday for both...
w

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 04:09:34 AM »
I'm sick of seeing this guy climb the mountain just to fall off of it. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 06:22:15 AM »
Rampage has already said he would because he knows it would be a big payday for both...

When was this?? I thought as of last year they said that they wouldn't do it? Either way that's prolly the biggest target Page would ever aim at...

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 06:50:59 AM »
When was this?? I thought as of last year they said that they wouldn't do it? Either way that's prolly the biggest target Page would ever aim at...
Page would punish that dude.  ;D I thought White and Ortiz had some kind of feud going on. How do you think this would affect Ortiz's match-ups? Do you think he would put him fighting the lower list of fighters, or do you think he would put him in with the big names in hopes that they might work on Ortiz a bit? Thoughts......

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 07:42:47 AM »
Page would punish that dude.  ;D I thought White and Ortiz had some kind of feud going on. How do you think this would affect Ortiz's match-ups? Do you think he would put him fighting the lower list of fighters, or do you think he would put him in with the big names in hopes that they might work on Ortiz a bit? Thoughts......
It's not Dana's company and he is no longer at the helm.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »
how could tito get a title shot when he didn't win his last 3 fights?

and forrest got robbed in their fight

E
E

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 08:18:28 AM »
Overrated as a modderfuker.
Dude ..To say a fighter is over rated is just plain dumb...Did you see the fights? He beat Forrest..Had a draw with Rashaad...It wasn't him who made those decisions,or his fans..It was the judges ...He isn't as good as he once was ...But he still has some fight left in him ...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 09:44:04 AM »
Dude ..To say a fighter is over rated is just plain dumb...Did you see the fights? He beat Forrest..Had a draw with Rashaad...It wasn't him who made those decisions,or his fans..It was the judges ...He isn't as good as he once was ...But he still has some fight left in him ...

he never was that good, he just started fighting decent competition after he killed shamrock and like i said before forrest got robbed

E
E

The Coach

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 08:49:15 PM »

Won't happen, both are Team Punisment. They wouldn't fight eachother right?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »
Won't happen, both are Team Punisment.

I would'nt say that...

flower and I both moderate the x board and I'd beat her up if the price was right !

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 09:37:45 PM »
Won't happen, both are Team Punisment. They wouldn't fight eachother right?

He's friends with Dan Henderson but had no problems matching up with him. Dan himself said that outside the ring a lot of fighters are good friends and they realize that fighting is a business decision and they don't have a problem with it. If the price is right Rampage will go up against Tito 

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 10:07:48 AM »
He's friends with Dan Henderson but had no problems matching up with him. Dan himself said that outside the ring a lot of fighters are good friends and they realize that fighting is a business decision and they don't have a problem with it. If the price is right Rampage will go up against Tito 

Indeed. Behold the power of the greenbacks.