Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 228773 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Exposing so called 'ex muslims'
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »
So any of you fellow devout Christians driving predator drones that target weddings and family gatherings?

You are all spoon fed to believe all this rather than able to think for yourself.

Reverberating politically motivated headlines is not having knowledge or the capacity to think.

To make a point clear, these so called ex muslims are in the following categories:

a. Never were muslim and are just frauds

b. Never knew anything about islam nor ever practised islam or took the effort to find out about islam and claim they were 'muslim'

c. Similar to the above situation but saw profitability in this day and age to make money from islamophobia and I will post some examples of that. One such person is Ali Hirsi, a complete fraud as exposed by an investigative Dutch journalist.

d. Did not understand islam and in their heart just wanted to fulfill their desires, christianity opens a gateway to that as you are basically going to heaven no matter what and you can do whatever you want and "Jesus died for your sins". Convenient delusion.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2012, 01:49:27 PM »
That's okay don't feed the trolls.

There's millions of more Muslim converts who can speak about Islam and demonstrate how these hate filled fellas are ignorant and just keep repeating politically guided headlines.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2012, 03:56:05 AM »
So what you're saying is that it's OK to commit terrorism, ...as long as it's motives are purely political, not religious? Is that what you're saying?

Sounds like lines were drawn along religious lines to me

Uh... I beg to differ. There were attacks all over the place, but since alot of funds and lobbyists and a lot of dirty hands were in America, we didn't see much coverage in MSM in North America.

You mean as opposed to today's new breed of terrorist & terrorist supporters who will only warn their well connected mayoral friends that perhaps they shouldn't fly that day?

I believe that bombings & killings that are credited to muslims receive a whole heckuvalot of air time, but that most terrorist bombings and killings have been committed by governments either overtly or covertly, ...but since these actions have not be given the 'terrorism' label, have not been recognized as such by a dumbed down & drugged up body of people who have been rendered incapable of critical thought.

Of course they wouldn't have. That's exactly why 911 occured in the first place... in order to provide the diplomatic cover America needed to justify further incursion into the ME. It was the justification for the ushering in of the Patriot Act (written prior to 911) to clamp down on Americans, and the start of the takedown of the Republic. dismantling American rights piece by piece, ...with the support of a populace gripped by fear.

The motivation for the terrorist attacks on 911 was to position American to make war, with the support of her citizens. A citizenry in shock, after the mass triggering of the reptilian response in their pysches, which shut down their ability to think clearly. Goebbels would have been proud. Finally people started rallying behind the illegitimate pResident, ...the one who was pelted with eggs during his inauguration ceremony.

On September 10th, he was the village idiot from Texas.
On September 12th, he was The Commander in Chief.

The bases are there to offer supposed protection from enemies who have previously been armed to the teeth by the very same people coming with offers of protection now.

When did Muslims attack the west?

And what are these western values & beliefs that you believe are so incompatible with their culture?

ps: My apologies Ahmed. It looks like somehow this thread has veered off topic.  

"And yes there has been an erosion of freedoms in the West and there are a lot of problems which need sorting out, but compared to an Islamic state, there is still quite a lot of personal freedom such as freedom of association, speech, sexuality, religion etc.

However even these freedoms are not necessarily perfect either but still generally a lot better than in an Islamic or a non-secular state."

With regards to Northern Ireland, check your history. The 'Protestants' are the descendants of Scotland and England so of course they don't want to be part of Ireland.

And no terrorism is never justified but in this case it is actually political.

And Islamic terrorists are pretty much the main lot strapping themselves up with bombs and trying to blow up planes, this is a fact.
Just a few days ago it happened in Nigeria and has been ongoing and I saw this report on Al Jazeera.

You have got to be joking if you think Islam is compatible with Western culture.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:02 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:32 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Educational Videos about Islam
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2012, 10:48:47 AM »

You have got to be joking if you think Islam is compatible with Western culture.

I didn't say it was, ...and I didn't say it wasn't, ...you said it wasn't.
What I asked of you was what are these western values & beliefs that you believe are so incompatible with Islamic culture?
w

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2012, 01:03:46 PM »
I didn't say it was, ...and I didn't say it wasn't, ...you said it wasn't.
What I asked of you was what are these western values & beliefs that you believe are so incompatible with Islamic culture?

Freedom of speech is a big incompatibility. The ability to publish cartoons without fearing reprisals and having bounties placed on your head. The ability to speak openly without fearing that you'll end up like Theo Van Gogh. I could go on.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2012, 01:54:37 PM »
Freedom of speech is a big incompatibility. The ability to publish cartoons without fearing reprisals and having bounties placed on your head. The ability to speak openly without fearing that you'll end up like Theo Van Gogh. I could go on.

oh lol freedom of speech.

In the UK you can be jailed for listening or checking 'terrorist material' that could include islamic lectures that speak about war or conflict or by certain individuals that the government deemds 'terrorist' or 'terrorist influenced' or whatever the hell they want to come up with. Even just seeing it or viewing it. Imagine someone opens some videos out of curiosity. Bam, they are now associated with 'terrorism' and all the other bs the government can now make up and charge them with.

In the UK a priest was jailed and fined for saying homosexuality is a sin.

Even in Canada, some dude bought CDs with stories of the prophets which was by Anwar Al-Awlaki. He was a police officer even and not even that a practicing muslim. The police raiding his home and quesitoned him what his 'ties to al-qaeada and anwar al awlaki' are. Even though the lecture series is purely about exactly what the title says, the stories of the prophets.

In France. Try as an exercise of freedom of speech being pro hitler or pro nazis, or anti-jews, or denying the holocaust. You'll be jailed, fined, lose your job, amongst other things for advocating hate speech. Denial of holocaust is a law.

Recently ANOTHER 'comic' was posted in a satirical magazine that mocks religion in france. It was allowed on grounds of 'freedom of speech', but protests were clamped down even though they were peaceful and people arrested for speaking out. So much for freedom of speech.

Or how about Muslim women being banned from wearing hijab. Or how about niqabis who are banned from wearing niqab outside. They get fined and jailed. "Freedom of expression"

In the US there's things that are labeled 'hate speech' that are not hate speech for example criticizing Israel. Yet slandering Islam is 'freedom of speech'. Slander is not criticism.

It's just a lame and hypocricy.

Freedom of speech SHOULD be restricted as hate speech is not freedom of speech, that's abuse of freedom of speech. There's a reason there are laws relating to 'libel', slander of people, etc... but oh I know it will be argued its for 'living ppl only' well muslims are living even if our prophet (peace be upon him) passed away. There should internationally be a law against slander of religions, period. It is one thing to debate and criticize but to slander and demonize is a whole other issue.

It's such hypocricy. It is quite clear it is an all out attack on Islam and Muslims. Pretty sad. People see it for what it is. It won't last forever.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »
oh lol freedom of speech.

Yes. Freedom of speech.

In the UK blah blah blah

I don't live in the UK, so it's not my concern, but it's hardly a bastion of freedom; they already live in an almost totalitarian society, that, in my opinion, is simply incompatible with "western ideals." They just dress it up with fancy hats.

Even in Canada, some dude bought CDs with stories of the prophets which was by Anwar Al-Awlaki. He was a police officer even and not even that a practicing muslim. The police raiding his home and quesitoned him what his 'ties to al-qaeada and anwar al awlaki' are. Even though the lecture series is purely about exactly what the title says, the stories of the prophets.

If this happened (and although I only have your word for it, but given the insanity that's recently taken over I don't think it's far-fetched that it did actually happen) he was still able to buy those stories and listen to them and talk about them. As for the stupid overreaction by police it's flat out contemptible and incompatible with "western ideals."

In France. Try as an exercise of freedom of speech being pro hitler or pro nazis, or anti-jews, or denying the holocaust. You'll be jailed, fined, lose your job, amongst other things for advocating hate speech. Denial of holocaust is a law.

I consider such laws ridiculous and an insult. I don't think they are compatible with "western ideals".

Recently ANOTHER 'comic' was posted in a satirical magazine that mocks religion in france. It was allowed on grounds of 'freedom of speech', but protests were clamped down even though they were peaceful and people arrested for speaking out. So much for freedom of speech.

Prior evidence suggests that such protests are hardly peaceful. But let's assume, arguendo, that the protests were, indeed, peaceful. If so, then "clamping down" on them is an insult to "western ideals" and the concept of freedom of speech.

Or how about Muslim women being banned from wearing hijab. Or how about niqabis who are banned from wearing niqab outside. They get fined and jailed. "Freedom of expression"

I consider most such laws to be ridiculous, insulting and flat out incompatible with "western ideals." With few exceptions (e.g. pictures for driver's licenses, passports and such, in the absence of other biometric identifiers) I don't see any reason for the government prohibiting the wearing of such items.

In the US there's things that are labeled 'hate speech' that are not hate speech for example criticizing Israel. Yet slandering Islam is 'freedom of speech'. Slander is not criticism.

I disagree with the notion of hate speech, and would abolish it, if it were up to me. But in the United States hate speech isn't prohibited.

Freedom of speech SHOULD be restricted as hate speech is not freedom of speech, that's abuse of freedom of speech.

Repeat after me: the government should not be in the censorship business and shouldn't interfere with the people's right to free speech.

There's a reason there are laws relating to 'libel', slander of people, etc...

Libel and slander laws don't curtail one's freedom of speech.

but oh I know it will be argued its for 'living ppl only' well muslims are living even if our prophet (peace be upon him) passed away.

Actually, it's not true that it's for "living ppl only", so what you know doesn't really have much bearing on reality.

There should internationally be a law against slander of religions, period. It is one thing to debate and criticize but to slander and demonize is a whole other issue.

No, there shouldn't be. Such "laws" are an insult to free people everywhere and a bad idea. A chain is forged with one link. Whether that link is a law against "slander of religions" or against "criticizing Israel" that link is a chain, and one that binds us all.

My freedom to speak isn't limited by your feelings. If what I say hurts your feelings, well... that's too fucking bad. You're free to not listen or ignore my hurtful words.

It's such hypocricy. It is quite clear it is an all out attack on Islam and Muslims. Pretty sad. People see it for what it is. It won't last forever.

But attempting to gag people under penalty of law isn't sad? ::)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2012, 03:05:30 PM »

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
From my understanding "Freedom of Speech" was a right granted to journalists, ...so they could have the freedom to publish the truth without fear of persecution. Like most things though, it has been twisted, and journalistic freedom of speech, now seems to mean the freedom to dispense lies with impunity.

Why is it that it is against the law to yell "Fire" in a crowded theatre?

Why is freedom of speech not applicable there?
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Pork
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2012, 03:18:55 PM »
Joel olsteen to make your case against pork? ::)  That guy is freaking insane.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2012, 03:25:35 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »
It doesn't matter who it was. It's not 'our case' we already have our case. Anybody with an ounce of brain power can realize pigs are garbage eaters who do these filthy things. In the other thread where you were around, I told you my grand parents had a pig farm, and obviously we used to eat pork ourselves.

I would never touch that crap ever again. I ate it because we were raised with that and it was 'normal' and I knew nothing about the animal, besides what I saw, and yes it was filthy. My father even helped my grandfather with pig slaughter preparing the meat, etc...

Ah.. it brings back memories, its interesting look back at life.

Most people realize pork is unhealthy and disgusting. Yet they keep eating it. And as far as religion, I was shocked as was my mother when we started reading the bible. Even people at church didn't know what's in the bible lol.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »
It doesn't matter who it was. It's not 'our case' we already have our case. Anybody with an ounce of brain power can realize pigs are garbage eaters who do these filthy things. In the other thread where you were around, I told you my grand parents had a pig farm, and obviously we used to eat pork ourselves.

I would never touch that crap ever again. I ate it because we were raised with that and it was 'normal' and I knew nothing about the animal, besides what I saw, and yes it was filthy. My father even helped my grandfather with pig slaughter preparing the meat, etc...

Ah.. it brings back memories, its interesting look back at life.

Most people realize pork is unhealthy and disgusting. Yet they keep eating it. And as far as religion, I was shocked as was my mother when we started reading the bible. Even people at church didn't know what's in the bible lol.
when did you convert to islam?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »
officially dec 2003. But started reading about it since april 2001, started reading alot more after sept 2001

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2012, 09:09:29 PM »
From my understanding "Freedom of Speech" was a right granted to journalists, ...so they could have the freedom to publish the truth without fear of persecution. Like most things though, it has been twisted, and journalistic freedom of speech, now seems to mean the freedom to dispense lies with impunity.

Your understanding, at least as far as United States jurisprudence goes, is quite flawed. The language of the First Amendment is clear: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Why is it that it is against the law to yell "Fire" in a crowded theatre?

You ought to read the background and the decision of the Supreme Court in a case called Brandenburg v. Ohio. It's likely to answer all the questions you have, and quite a few that you don't.

Why is freedom of speech not applicable there?

Because falsely yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater actually and directly endangers others. You do not have a 'right' to endanger others anymore than you have a 'right' to kick them in the groin. But as I noted above, check out Brandenburg v. Ohio. If you're feeling adventurous, check out Schenck v. U.S. (which is where the "can't yell 'fire' in a theater" line comes from).

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
Mmm... bacon.