Author Topic: diet idea question  (Read 1504 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
diet idea question
« on: June 13, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »
ive been thinking about this lately

what do u guys think of this idea?

kill yourself training like a madman all week-to the point of overtraining.keep the cals low...lots of cardio-
then over the weekend gorge yourself on junk and tons of cals?

would the overtrained and depeleted body just suck up all the nutrients??
w

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
Re: diet idea question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »
In all honestly the best way to make gains is to get your diet in check first, and then stay consistent with your training routine.  To me overtraining is just when you don't feed the muscles the proper nutrition they need.  so if you starve yourself, just walking to the mailbox would be considered over training.  While if you eat the amount of food that Ryan Feltz eats, you can swim 10K-20K / day.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:20:28 PM »
well your muscles would be glycogen depleted. so even though you might eat to a caloric excess, you still probably wont store any fat.

the type of diet your suggesting isnt anything new. several very popular diets are based on that same idea.  dan duchaines body opus diet and also mari di pasquale's anabolic diet to name two.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:43:37 AM »
To me overtraining is just when you don't feed the muscles the proper nutrition they need.  so if you starve yourself, just walking to the mailbox would be considered over training.

There’s a difference between being overtrained vs. under-nourished.
Many people believe they are one when it is, in fact, the other.

It’s true that you have to consume sufficient nutrient intake in order to train, recover, and grow.
However, there’s a physiological limit as to how much and how fast one can do those things - particularly when training without the aid of pharmaceutical enhancements.

Once you reach that threshold, no amount of additional nutrients, calories, or training will benefit you.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 06:05:28 AM »

kill yourself training like a madman all week-to the point of overtraining.keep the cals low...lots of cardio-

sounds good on paper..

but i think that your body will be too depleted.. and waiting by the weekend to come, you will lose some muscle tissue...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 06:27:45 AM »

Thats not CalvinH.

....I find myself a little bloated on Monday but it goes away,and I feel like I get an amazing pump with my Monday workout.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 11:37:47 AM »
My diet actually looks abit like this.

I am strict from Monday till Friday
Saturday more relaxed but more grub
Sunday what ever I want.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 01:29:45 PM »
Do
Not
Panic...

bench

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 04:39:05 AM »
Actually, a lot of people think that overfeeding once a week can help you continue to burn fat in the long run because it reprimes your fat loss hormones. And if you have ever done some extreme overfeeding, you can actually feel your metabolism going back up. The large and massive amounts of meals really causes your heart rate to go up. What would be ideal is tons of simple carbs like pasta, bread, crackers, but still make sure you are getting some protein and unsaturated fat.

In my opinion, almost anything that shocks your body is good - even overtraining, but only once in a while. But if you are severely restricting calories for a week, just one day of overfeeding/maintainence calorie diet I dont think will be enough to get your fat loss hormones back up and to gain back some of the muscle you lost.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 06:21:38 PM »
thanks guys
w