Author Topic: Team Nasser and other Teams  (Read 23259 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Team Nasser and other Teams
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »
MJK - proof that he beat his wife? Just because she made an accusation which did not fly in court and even a female social worker testified in Nasser's defence?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 09:37:05 PM »
I'm starting a SF1900 Team.
X

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 09:55:24 PM »
ALL HAIL TEAM Nasser '10

Bigger, faster, stronger

Bringing us into the future, the Wizard of Truth spreading wisdom to those who listen.

TEAM Nasser

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »
What is the point of these teams?

Why would a grown man want to join a team and idolize another men, similar to how teenie boppers idolize boy bands? Seems very homo.

What do these guys get for joining these teams? Are they getting paid, or are they actually just doing it as a hobby?

What's the deal?

FUN!!..

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 10:00:39 PM »
Sorry for the insults, I came across that way because I honestly hought u were being sarcastic with your questions...just because they were so dumb :)

Well, excuuuuuse me for not being hip to what bodybuilding teams are all about.  ::) Jackass.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 10:03:34 PM »
Well I was mainly talking about Team Nasser because they keep popping up on this board, but i've also seen Team Cutler and others and my question is about all these Teams in general.

I agree that Nasser seems like a respectable guy and all that. But joining a team who basically idolizes and worships the guy just seems a little strange to me. Do you get paid to be on his team, or do you just do it because you like it?

I'm not really trying to slam these teams, i'm just curious. I mean, I respect Nasser too and see qualities in him that are admirable, but I would feel very silly to join a team for him. I would feel like a complete tool, unless perhaps he was my personal close friend.

As for Nasser keeping his muscle, i'm not too impressed with that. It probably just means that he is continueing to take large amounts of hormones.

come on man,.. do you really think nasser needs to pay us to support him on a bb forum with all due respect to GB::)

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 10:08:52 PM »
come on man,.. do you really think nasser needs to pay us to support him on a bb forum with all due respect to GB::)

Well, with Team Nasser I see a lot of guys bending over backwards to support Nasser. Posting up pictures of him, praising him, writing enormous posts about how great he is. etc. It's being laid on sooooo thick for Nasser.

And I don't see this kind of thing being done for any other bodybuilder.

Lots of guys out there WILL pay people to do this sort of thing for them. I mean, I used to play in a band and we paid people to advertise and market for us. There's nothing unrealistic about thinking a bodybuilder would do the same.

I guess people just really love Nasser?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 10:14:44 PM »

I'm not saying that Nasser isn't a good guy, he does seem like a really cool guy. And I could understand a guy like you joining his team since you actually know him and hang out with him in real life.

What I find weird is all the guys who join these teams who are just fans of the gys and do not really know them and havn't ever met them. To me there seems like a strange element of homoerotic man worship going on. Also I guess I am more into finding my own power instead of idolizing another man.

My question isn't about who Nasser is, it's more about these teams. Do you get paid to be on these teams? What exactly do you do for these teams? What do you get out of it? What is the deal with these teams? I'm seriously curious.

nasser was/is my favorite bb who inspired me a lot when i was a young teen.. i also liked others like dorian and lee haney but nasser was always my favorite and believe me mainly because of his nice way with his fans.. i was always reading this in flex and i swear this had nothing to do with his religion because at this time i never though if he was really muslim or just had an arabian name because of his father origin.. i didnt care to know really!..

i have a great respect for haney too because of his personality.. he always seems to be kind and modest!!!..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2010, 10:19:39 PM »
Yes, these are stupid questions because anyone with some common sense would know the answers to these.  Is it just a coincidence that no one else has asked if Nasser pays "team members" lol.  You're making this into something much bigger than it really is.  It's just several fans/friends who post in Nasser's favour on a bodybuilding board - nothing more nothing less.

nasser didnt pay me for last week >:(!!.. did he pay you bobs??.. we shall ask for an increase too!..

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »
 I don't know how I didn't notice before. But now I am noticing that all the Team Nasser members seem to be of Arabic/ Middle Eastern ethnicity, just like Nasser.

I guess that's it right there.

beefcakeblake

• Getbig II
  • There is no Bathroom aggh(arnold voice)
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2010, 10:24:30 PM »

nasser owning
Cool Beats

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2010, 10:28:06 PM »

nasser owning

He is one of the best ever for sure. I'd say he's one of the top 3 all time best.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 10:28:36 PM »
I don't know how I didn't notice before. But now I am noticing that all the Team Nasser members seem to be of Arabic/ Middle Eastern ethnicity, just like Nasser.

I guess that's it right there.

i cant deny that part of it is like this!!.. in the 90s nasser was from the most popular bbs if not the most popular!!.. then now a lot of ppl say shit about him and try to show him as a 2nd level bb just because of his religion and origin!.. sure the western world now is not the same as it was in the 90s towards islam and we all know why..

this also makes you notice that all nasser's constant attackers are arabs/muslims haters!!..

beefcakeblake

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 10:29:17 PM »
well nasser is the greatest arab bodybuilder of all times so it makes sense for arabs to idolize him
Cool Beats

beefcakeblake

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 10:31:31 PM »
nah on top 3 like he's amazing but imo you have to put at least dorian, ronnie, haney. but if your talking at his best maybe
Cool Beats

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 10:32:15 PM »
well nasser is the greatest arab bodybuilder of all times so it makes sense for arabs to idolize him

and makes sense for arabs haters to hate him too!..

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2010, 10:35:53 PM »
nah on top 3 like he's amazing but imo you have to put at least dorian, ronnie, haney. but if your talking at his best maybe

In my opinion Dorian is over rated. He was asymetrical and I wouldn't put him in the top 3. Just my opinion. But I guess there was a time in the early 90's when he looked great, before the injuries and over-bloating.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2010, 10:40:14 PM »
In my opinion Dorian is over rated. He was asymetrical and I wouldn't put him in the top 3. Just my opinion. But I guess there was a time in the early 90's when he looked great, before the injuries and over-bloating.

so since you see nasser as one of the best 3 ever and see dorian overrated, i believe you agree with team nasser that nasser deserved to win mr. olympia 96 and 97 (at least)??..

beefcakeblake

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 10:44:22 PM »
hmm crazy how opinions can differ so much, any ways that would make sense why some dorian fans would dislike nasser because imo they are the same type of bodybuilder. like a power lifter physique, well conditioned, huge and hard as nails.
Cool Beats

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »
so since you see nasser as one of the best 3 ever and see dorian overrated, i believe you agree with team nasser that nasser deserved to win mr. olympia 96 and 97 (at least)??..

Yeah I think he deserved it around that time for sure, much more than Yates. At that time there were a lot of awesome bodybuilders. Levrone, Priest, Coleman, Ray, etc. They were all absolutely awesome, it's hard to pick the best one.

Lee Priest is another guy who I think was robbed for being short. If you look at a pic of him without knowing his height he looks amazing as hell. And the face tat is BADASS in my opinion.

But yeah, foreign guys and guys who are not white or black tend to get screwed by the judges.

beefcakeblake

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2010, 10:49:38 PM »
i don't see why nasser fans like to say anything about dorian in 1996 he looked amazing the only thing i see is that he was a little flat and his legs looked a little smaller, still looked like flat out winner to me. i can see 1997 because of the gut but he was still thick as hell
Cool Beats

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 10:51:22 PM »
hmm crazy how opinions can differ so much, any ways that would make sense why some dorian fans would dislike nasser because imo they are the same type of bodybuilder. like a power lifter physique, well conditioned, huge and hard as nails.

as bbs i personally like both of them!..

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2010, 10:56:30 PM »
i don't see why nasser fans like to say anything about dorian in 1996 he looked amazing the only thing i see is that he was a little flat and his legs looked a little smaller, still looked like flat out winner to me. i can see 1997 because of the gut but he was still thick as hell

I think that during both years his waist was too big, his abs were poor, and both his arms and legs looked too small in comparison to his huge torso.

He was a great bodybuilder but I don't think he should have been #1 during those years. Maybe 2 or 3.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2010, 10:57:27 PM »

in 96 yates was good but nasser was better.. sure yates was better from the rear (only his back was better) but nasser was much better from the front and better in other rear muscles like hams, rear shoulders, and rear biceps..

in 97 it was a clear joke with yates totally deformed left arm!!.. even if the rest of him was at it best he shouldnt have one but he won with one missing arm and the rest of him was at its worst!!.. where was the symmetry?.. were was the proportion?.. ::)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2010, 10:58:50 PM »
I think that during both years his waist was too big, his abs were poor, and both his arms and legs looked too small in comparison to his huge torso.

He was a great bodybuilder but I don't think he should have been #1 during those years. Maybe 2 or 3.

you are a good team nasser member material, think about it and i can to nasser to make a good salary for you :P