Author Topic: Acceptable TRT doses  (Read 60283 times)

Christo

• Getbig III
Re: Acceptable TRT doses
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 09:33:22 AM »
Lack of reliable studies. Assuming that low test levels is a normal occurrance with aging. Funny that old bitches can get estrogen trt.
Most endochrinologists here (Portugal), face male hormones like opening a pandora box.
If a doctor prescribe me testosterone (at 42yo), just because i have low levels, he risks losing his medical practice, if i get prostate issues or a heart attack.

What a difference with US...
But everything in US is also commercial.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2019, 06:27:07 AM »
IMO and experience, 200mg/week put my levels just past "high-normal" around 1000 and the Clinic wanted them to be 600-800 tops.  So they cut my dosage back just a bit.  This was a year ago when I was still at the male clinic, but for financial reasons, I'm doing it on my own now. 

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 08:32:28 AM »
Doesn't TRT doses on the "high side" makes your blood thicker? To dangerous levels?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 09:49:23 AM »
Doesn't TRT doses on the "high side" makes your blood thicker? To dangerous levels?
Dont be stupid, donate blood.
T

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
  • “A lie told often enough becomes truth.”
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 02:29:14 PM »
So I researched and it seems 200mg a week is upper standard dose.

But what are the acceptable doses? I feel that if he tries offerin under 100mg I will just turn it down.

What should I accept? Is 100 okay or must I demand 200mg?

Your blood work will dictate where you need to be at optimnally..... NOT the TRT dose. Medical TRT doses range from 100mg/wk to 400mg/wk believe it or not.

So, get your doc to agree that you need to be at say 900 total test. Start at 100mg, get bloods done in 4 weeks, and adjust from there... thats how it works.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2019, 03:52:43 PM »
Your blood work will dictate where you need to be at optimnally..... NOT the TRT dose. Medical TRT doses range from 100mg/wk to 400mg/wk believe it or not.

So, get your doc to agree that you need to be at say 900 total test. Start at 100mg, get bloods done in 4 weeks, and adjust from there... thats how it works.
Agreed.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 02:08:44 PM »
1 gram weekly.................. ........................ .at least.
T

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2019, 02:34:32 PM »
1 gram weekly.................. ........................ .at least.

yeah, but for how long  :D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2019, 02:04:38 AM »
Dont be stupid, donate blood.

Hormonized blood cannot be used in medical care.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2019, 06:28:49 AM »
Hormonized blood cannot be used in medical care.
I don’t care what they do with it. I donate several times a year and they’re happy to have it. I’m at 5 gallons so far.
T

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2019, 06:30:43 AM »
yeah, but for how long  :D
Six months so far and my bloodwork is perfect.
T

13B-T

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2019, 11:15:01 AM »
Just an update... so you have an idea on real world doses but my dose is being adjusted from 100mg to 75mg weekly never had any hemoglobin/hematocrit elevation.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2019, 02:17:21 PM »

But what are the acceptable doses? I feel that if he tries offerin under 100mg I will just turn it down.

Your focus on dosage is not the most ideal way to approach this topic. 

"TRT" is testosterone REPLACEMENT therapy and implies that the patient has endogenous test levels that are below the normal range.  In a later post you stated that you are in your thirties, and don't indicate that you have had blood work that confirms a hypogonadal state.  If your interest is in bumping up your test level to a supraphysiologic range well, then, that's called a cycle.  If your test levels are presently within the normal range and you are not interested in looking like a bodybuilder (which you later state), then you would do yourself a disservice by going on a low dose of test (100-200mg, for example) because it will indeed shut off your own endogenous test production to keep you in a range you were achieving naturally anyway. 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »

My prescribed TRT is....

100mg of Cyp every 5 days for 20 weeks.

During that time I donate blood every few weeks.
 Keep the diet clean.
 Up the healthy fats. Lower the carbs. Avoid bread.
 Incorporate 20-30 min of post workout cardio.  Train hard.

Caber at 0.5mg every 10 days.
 200mg of DIM daily.
 Little to no booze.
 Avoid anything and everything containing soy including protein powder.
 Very little dairy if any.

Still making gains. Still feel good.

Then I come OFF for 10 weeks. 
 I run Arimistane at 50mg for 4 weeks.
 Lighten up on the training. More of a volume style pump approach.
 A little more loose on the diet. Treat myself a little.
 Train every other day.
 I feel fine.  Plenty of time to heal from the injections and it lets my body sort of
 remember how to re-wire itself all over again.
 No donating blood during this time.

- Block!
?

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 10:02:59 AM »
Pretty hard to get TRT (legally) down under here in Australia, but I know an endocrinologist who has been known to prescribe 200mg of testosterone cypionate to guys who fall within the low range (not necessarily the low enough to be government subsidised range). 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 04:17:43 PM »
Pretty hard to get TRT (legally) down under here in Australia, but I know an endocrinologist who has been known to prescribe 200mg of testosterone cypionate to guys who fall within the low range (not necessarily the low enough to be government subsidised range). 

200mg's is a generous trt script.  You can use half of that amount most of the year, yet keep refilling it on time.  You'll have more than enough then to run a really good blast/cycle once per year all with legit pharm grade cyp.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2019, 01:13:22 AM »
Regarding donating blood in order to fix it's thickning, one might get another medical issue that is excess iron in the body, hemochromatosis, due to the body need to compensate the constant loss of iron.
If not really needed, i would advise on not play with hormones at all.

Didn't the big mentor of TRT just died a week ago, at a very young age?

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
  • “A lie told often enough becomes truth.”
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2019, 12:55:05 PM »
Didn't the big mentor of TRT just died a week ago, at a very young age?

Donating blood every 8 weeks will not cause other medical issues.

Taking TRT doses when not having Low-T is a totally different story than taking TRT when having low-T. Low-T causes multiple issues that cascade through the body's hormonal system and can lead to greater issues. If you ACTUALLY do have Low-T, then you are doing yourself and your body a longer term favor by getting on TRT.

Using Matt (if thats who you are referring to) as an example for the risks of TRT is not only inaccurate, but rather cruel and just plain inappropriate. You don't know the entire circumstances surrounding his passing, although he was open about past AAS abuse and family history. Suggest you show more respect to a guy that was respected and very well liked across the board. His spirit doesnt deserve such snide and rude references.

TRT for those with low-T is safe when monitored by your doctor - plain, simple, true. 

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2019, 12:09:23 PM »
Lack of reliable studies. Assuming that low test levels is a normal occurrance with aging. Funny that old bitches can get estrogen trt.
Most endochrinologists here (Portugal), face male hormones like opening a pandora box.
If a doctor prescribe me testosterone (at 42yo), just because i have low levels, he risks losing his medical practice, if i get prostate issues or a heart attack.

All he has to do is bloodwork and adjust from there. Ridiculous.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2019, 06:08:17 AM »

I do 100 mg a week, keps me in high noraml. Did 250 a week and ran bloods and I was at 1700, too high for me.
(anxious, libido too high, etc).

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2019, 03:38:35 PM »
It's normal for hematocrit/hemoglobin to go up when taking testosterone. There is very little evidence supporting that higher levels of these cause any cardiovascular risk.

This is considered erythrocytosis and is harmless. It is only if you develop a clotting issue with that, which is called polycythemia Vera, that you need to be concerned.

If it was a concern many people in high altitudes would be giving blood regularly and dropping dead.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2019, 10:51:15 PM »
I do 100 mg a week, keps me in high noraml. Did 250 a week and ran bloods and I was at 1700, too high for me.
(anxious, libido too high, etc).

What else to you take?  Supps, AI's, etc.  I too am on 100 per week.  I am 46 years old.  I take fish oil and a multivitamin/mineral one a day.  Was off AI's because I tanked my estrogen.  This past week my nipps were a little sore and puffy so I took a mg of arimidex.  Think it worked already.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2019, 07:08:35 PM »
What else to you take?  Supps, AI's, etc.  I too am on 100 per week.  I am 46 years old.  I take fish oil and a multivitamin/mineral one a day.  Was off AI's because I tanked my estrogen.  This past week my nipps were a little sore and puffy so I took a mg of arimidex.  Think it worked already.

Have you had your hormones tested while on the 100mg's? Your estridol E2 would need to be pretty high to cause gyno symptoms.

The problem with AI's on such a low dose is when you stop the AI you will spike E2. Nolvadex - a SERM would be a better choice at this point to control your gyno symptoms.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2019, 08:14:44 PM »
Have you had your hormones tested while on the 100mg's? Your estridol E2 would need to be pretty high to cause gyno symptoms.

The problem with AI's on such a low dose is when you stop the AI you will spike E2. Nolvadex - a SERM would be a better choice at this point to control your gyno symptoms.

Thank you Sir Walter.  Actually, someone else suggested raloxifene.  Just curious as to why one would be better than the other?

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2019, 09:41:44 AM »
Thank you Sir Walter.  Actually, someone else suggested raloxifene.  Just curious as to why one would be better than the other?

AIs are the best way to manage E2 during steroid cycles and may minimize the development of gyno. SERMs are the best way to prevent/treat gyno during steroid cycles but will do nothing to manage E2 levels.

The key is understanding the pharmacology of an AI vs a SERM and this link has a good analogy.  In your case you were dealing with a spike so best to go after the gyno symptom directly vs hitting your E2 hard again which could cause yet another spike.

https://roidvisor.com/best-drug-prevent-treat-gyno-answer-may-surprise-you/