Author Topic: Please get regular blood work if you're juicing!  (Read 34239 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Please get regular blood work if you're juicing!
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:10:50 AM »
Don't overlook this. You may feel invincible but High blood pressure is the invisible killer.

A gym friend recently suffered a stroke resulting from high blood pressure and a myriad of other undiagnosed liver/kidney/circulatory issues. He hadn't visited a doctor in years, looked and felt great and used moderate doses of anabolics on a long term basis. He suffered a Left-Hemisphere Stroke, affecting his speech and language abilities.

Don't be afraid of your doctor. They won't judge you, but they will help you.

Many guys are in denial. As long as they look great on the outside, surely all is well on the inside.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Re: Please get regular blood work if you're juicing!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 07:14:45 AM »
Wow that's really terrible. How old was he? How high was high blood pressure? Any ideas of what kind of doses he was using?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:14:54 AM »
My best friend for over 40 years died this past year at 53 years old............knew him since grammar school.

Did a contest with me,and a week and a half later was dead from an enlarged heart.

Stayed on all the time but not huge dosages........never smoked,drank,or did rec drugs in his entire life.

Trained and played sports all his life also.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:15:43 AM »
People that think their health is going to be unscathed when using grams of anabolics and gh are crazy.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:16:40 AM »
Correlation does not equal causation...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 07:18:10 AM »
Correlation does not equal causation...
I`m not saying it does bro,just a bitch that my friends gone and he was never sick a day in his life.

I have no clue if his death was roid related,but it sucks .

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 07:20:41 AM »
I`m not saying it does bro,just a bitch that my friends gone and he was never sick a day in his life.

I have no clue if his death was roid related,but it sucks .

I'm sure steroids had something to do with it. It's bad for your heart. People who don't take that seriously are kidding themselves.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 07:22:33 AM »
Wow that's really terrible. How old was he? How high was high blood pressure? Any ideas of what kind of doses he was using?
27 years old, been on for 6 years, rarely taking more than 6 weeks off. BP 160/100.

1200mgs per week total (If he was telling me the truth)

Very high liver enzymes, terrible blood lipid (cholesterol) profile

he's slurring his words at the moment. Really tragic and completely preventable.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 07:23:03 AM »
I'm sure steroids had something to do with it. It's bad for your heart. People who don't take that seriously are kidding themselves.
More than likely.......he looked the picture of health,but never went to the doctor...........said they were all quacks.  :(

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 07:23:48 AM »
27 years old, being on for 6 years, rarely taking more than 6 weeks off. BP 160/100.

he's slurring his words at the moment. Really tragic and preventable.

God that's terrible. 27 years old man that's scary. That's around my age.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 07:25:02 AM »
27 years old, being on for 6 years, rarely taking more than 6 weeks off. BP 160/100.

he's slurring his words at the moment. Really tragic and completely preventable.

Was his resting blood pressure 160/100? Didn't he feel like shit all the time? Was he using a lot of orals? Any gh? These questions are pretty important.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 07:25:15 AM »

Sorry to hear it bud.......that truly sux bigtime.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 07:26:17 AM »
Can't you get blood work done by and online compay for cheap. Anyone have a link to that. I would like to get my cholesterol and everything checked. I really don't want to have my regular doc do it though.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 07:26:28 AM »
I'm not intending this thread to scare people. A lot of guys bury their head in the sand when it comes to health.

Then it becomes daunting to even approach a doctor, knowing that bad news may await. Please don't put it off any longer.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 07:27:19 AM »
Good advice for sure.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 07:30:43 AM »
If some has got jacked muscles, pearly white teeth, epicly dark tan of the islands and an impressive full head of hair then they must be the picture perfect example of health.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 07:36:00 AM »
Was his resting blood pressure 160/100? Didn't he feel like shit all the time? Was he using a lot of orals? Any gh? These questions are pretty important.
The bp number was taken when he was admitted to ER. Not sure about his resting BP. He's a chef and collapsed on the kitchen floor during a busy shift. He's a big guy, somewhat of a "permabulker" at 5"10 255lb, He was always a little out of breath during his workouts, but seemed in good spirits with no visible symptoms/red face etc.......

No GH or insulin (again this is just what he told me, so who knows?) Loved tren anadrol and deca

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 07:37:33 AM »
If some has got jacked muscles, pearly white teeth, epicly dark tan of the islands and an impressive full head of hair then they must be the picture perfect example of health.

OUCH!!   ;D

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 07:39:09 AM »
The bp number was taken when he was admitted to ER. Not sure about his resting BP. He's a chef and collapsed on the kitchen floor during a busy shift. He's a big guy, somewhat of a "permabulker" at 5"10 255lb, He was always a little out of breath during his workouts, but seemed in good spirits with no visible symptoms/red face etc.......

No GH or insulin (again this is just what he told me, so who knows?) Loved tren anadrol and deca

That's why I avoid things like tren or anything that really spikes my blood pressure to high. I think running tren and anandrol for long periods of time would be really harsh and hard on your heart.

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 07:40:07 AM »
A home BP monitor costs about $40 and you can buy one at Walmart, getting your bloodwork done is not near important as taking care of your BP.

For those of us that don`t take AAS its just as important to monitor, my BP has gone haywire while on a strict low carb diet before. Its nothing to fuck around with.
time under tension

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 07:40:25 AM »
It would be cool if we could get a thread on ways to keep safe if you plan on using long term. Different helpful supplements and ways to keep the heart healthy. That's the one thing I'm always worried about is my heart.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 07:40:35 AM »
Well, I know guys who got 160/100 all the time and they're not worried. Hell, I have 120/70 first thing in the morning, 140/70 after drinking coffee during the day and I am worried arleady.

150/90 is my highest on shitloads of coffeine, I'm RED at this value.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 07:42:33 AM »

You have any long-term studies to back your statement?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 07:44:04 AM »
Well, I know guys who got 160/100 all the time and they're not worried. Hell, I have 120/70 first thing in the morning, 140/70 after drinking coffee during the day and I am worried arleady.

150/90 is my highest on shitloads of coffeine, I'm RED at this value.
I drink a ton of coffee all day long and at night too.

I`m normally 12/70 but have no clue how high it goes after all my coffee drinking.

I gotta` check that out.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »
You have any long-term studies to back your statement?

I don't need long-term studies when I see my blood pressure go up on juice. Especially when you get bloated and on orals.