Author Topic: That one protein powder you always gotta have....  (Read 7692 times)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
Re: That one protein powder you always gotta have....
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 06:50:43 PM »
always been a pro complex man.

ronian

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 10:06:31 PM »
Beverly muscle provider

Agreed, Beverly proteins taste awesome, a bit spendy though.  Same with Biotests Low carb grow.

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2006, 09:46:06 PM »
I used to get an upset stomach from Optimum Nutrition.  I use Isopure and it works great.  No need for time release protein when you're getting protein every 2-3 hours.

I find ON's whey to be great in terms of digestibility and the taste is pretty good too.  Time release protein has its place before bedtime.  I use Nitrean by Atlargenutrition.  A quality product which happens to be reasonably priced.

ronian

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 12:36:01 PM »
I find ON's whey to be great in terms of digestibility and the taste is pretty good too.  Time release protein has its place before bedtime.  I use Nitrean by Atlargenutrition.  A quality product which happens to be reasonably priced.

The price on ON whey is more then reasonable, I think it's a great bargain if you are strapped for cash, although it doens't taste as good as some other powders it's definitely not bad.

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • The first Persian IFBB Figure Pro
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 11:59:08 AM »
I am in LOVE with the Musclemilk&Oats which come in a handy 1 serving can, just add hot water and there ya go, delicious! It's oatmeal and protein powder. Now I looked for the Musclemilk protein powder but it has a loooot of fat in it, which I don't want pre-contest. But i'll definitally get aleast 3 different flavours of it for in my off-season. Isopure Zero Carb always worked best for me, but i'm a bit bored by the taste. Now i'm having VPX Zero Carb protein, also has 0 fat and good quality protein. The chocolate flavour is delicious, I always make it with water and it still tastes great!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 12:05:35 PM »

Mercedes,

Try Pride Nutrition's 'RESPECT PROTEIN'. Seriously...just try one jug. Call them direct drop 'TheBlockHeads' name and get 20% off...seriously. Ask for Frank or Joe.

It has the same type of rich taste as MuscleMilk but uses whey isolate, egg and casein in its highest most pure form. Only 3.5 grams of fat...9 grams of carbs. 47-49 grams of protein.
?

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2006, 12:10:29 PM »
That sounds good. I'd need half a serving of that so i'd get about 1,75 grams of fat, 4,5 grams of carbs and 24 grams of protein, which is not bad. If it REALLY tastes good i'll go for it. But it depends; which flavours does in come with?  :P (Please tell me hot fudge chocolate chip brownie sundae  ::) :D)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2006, 12:58:47 PM »

Hahaha...

Sorry Mercedes..."Mercedes"...damn. I liked that name on a woman since I was 10yrs old when I saw the movie 'License To Drive'. Snap!

They just have the 3 basic flavors...mix it w/ water...just as tasty as MuscleMilk.
?

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 01:57:36 PM »
Okey, you know what, i'll try it, I need a basic vanilla one anyways. I'll let you know what I think, it better be good! (Any company that would imitate the hot fudge chocolate chip brownie sundae flavour in a protein powder with no lactose, no carbs and no fat and quality protein would make GOLD!)

Mercedes

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2006, 02:04:29 PM »
Well, I suppose my answer is self-evident, Nitrean.  I think we have one of the best blends in the business (whey- isolate, hydrolyzed, and concentrate, caseinates, and egg protein) and it is priced very reasonably.

w

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2006, 02:14:29 PM »

Good deal Mercedes...call them up direct and ask for Frank or Joe Boscoe. Tell them 'TheBlockHead' sent you for 20% off...

I promise you...it is tasty as hell...just like MM...way less fat, more superior protein blend used.
?

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2006, 02:18:57 PM »
Okey, thanks. PM me the nr to call..

Just wait until I go off-season again, Musclemilk all the way every day!  :-* :D

pgfresno

• Getbig I
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 07:31:09 PM »
Another vote for Nature's Best Zero Carb Isopure.  8)