Author Topic: Cross-fit created to.......  (Read 4098 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Cross-fit created to.......
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »
brutal arms and legs too

all the way big guy

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 04:59:18 PM »
Wow, this thread must have been a foreshadow of my back workout today. Luckily my gym is devoid of crossfitters, but one of the regulars had his brother in town. This kid is 21, in pretty good shape. Trains hard. His brother seems to be the same age but is apparently a crossfit instructor. Looks to be the make equivalent of a cardio bunny he also does pushups ever now and again. He talks his little triad in to doing burpess, dumbell cleans, then pull ups. He wanted to time them and said "I'm going to smoke you all." Well his two buddies finished only slightly behind him. So I ask them "was that a race?" and "who won?". New guy says "yes, I did" and explained what they had to do as if I couldn't tell. So I then stated, "but you didn't do any pull ups, only they did. How did you win?" This was right after I over heard him talking about me, how I was only cosmetic muscle, no legs (even though my thighs are over developed for my upper body and one of my calves is bigger than both his arms together). So I walk over, he obviously was concerned I over heard. That's when that conversation happened. He walked off without saying anything when I said that, I talked with his brother talking about how there is no "end all be all" training, how cross fit actually looks fun, then as he brother walked back he said "yeah, I think it's just a fad". The I walked off to the pull up bar, did a set of 25, did some split stretches flaring out my quads, and left.

I feel Get Big low now, oddly, feels good...man.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 05:02:49 PM »
Wow, this thread must have been a foreshadow of my back workout today. Luckily my gym is devoid of crossfitters, but one of the regulars had his brother in town. This kid is 21, in pretty good shape. Trains hard. His brother seems to be the same age but is apparently a crossfit instructor. Looks to be the make equivalent of a cardio bunny he also does pushups ever now and again. He talks his little triad in to doing burpess, dumbell cleans, then pull ups. He wanted to time them and said "I'm going to smoke you all." Well his two buddies finished only slightly behind him. So I ask them "was that a race?" and "who won?". New guy says "yes, I did" and explained what they had to do as if I couldn't tell. So I then stated, "but you didn't do any pull ups, only they did. How did you win?" This was right after I over heard him talking about me, how I was only cosmetic muscle, no legs (even though my thighs are over developed for my upper body and one of my calves is bigger than both his arms together). So I walk over, he obviously was concerned I over heard. That's when that conversation happened. He walked off without saying anything when I said that, I talked with his brother talking about how there is no "end all be all" training, how cross fit actually looks fun, then as he brother walked back he said "yeah, I think it's just a fad". The I walked off to the pull up bar, did a set of 25, did some split stretches flaring out my quads, and left.

I feel Get Big low now, oddly, feels good...man.
classic story

tales by the moonlight

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »
classic story

tales by the moonlight

Ya know, I honestly wouldn't give a damn except for the utter disdain and trash talking about other ways to train by a lot of crossfitters. It's almost like a religious zealousy going on. One thing works for one person, something else works for another. Why is that hard to understand? It is funny though, because I work with a handful of hardcore crossfitters, they like to ask me stats on their benchmark days and they are always befuddled I crank out the numbers I do (which blow their stuff out of the water). The concept that you have to have muscle to use it is lost to a lot of them. Train the muscle needed for the movement you want to get better at. Then once you have isolated that muscle to failure, then do the related movement you want to get better at for when you are fresh. Simple. That's why I can warm up doing pull ups of 40-50, with a personal best of 70. Or the fact I can do 20-30 handstand pushups when I am fresh. Yeah, I'm not a huge guy (180lbs) but you get the point.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
http://www.sportivnypress.com/documents/SUB_49.html

related

This is nothing new and nothing I haven't said in all the years I've been a strength coach. That being said, these are fairly older videos (2008). You cannot mimic a "sports" movement in the gym. He's saying in addition to the main lifts (bi-lateral) your supplemental lifts should be uni-lateral and rotational if you're designing a true strength program for sport.

For us components of this would be, in order..

Soft-tissue

Activation  (includes pre-hab/movement prep)

Speed warm up w/active stretch/mobility

Ground based core work on one day (lineal) upright rotational another day

Plyos

Speed work

Strenght training (main lifts include O-lifts then power lifts) then supplemental (uni-lateral)

conditioning

flexibility

Training days are Monday, Tuesday, off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

Again, that seminar is nothing new and that hasn't been said before.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »
Pretty much Coach. Like I've said before, I don't agree with you to much outside of training, but you do know your stuff when it comes to fitness.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 05:21:02 PM »
On the bright side, last week was the AAU American Championships in powerlifting and feats of strength. One of my 19 year olds cleaned up, won all the PL in his weight and age, won all 8 events in the feats of strength with two records and best overall male athlete in all categories, including 2 cocky crossfit gyms..lol. (that was the best part)

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 05:21:57 PM »
On the bright side, last week was the AAU American Championships in powerlifting and feats of strength. One of my 19 year olds cleaned up, won all the PL in his weight and age, won all 8 events in the feats of strength with two records and best overall male athlete in all categories, including 2 cocky crossfit gyms..lol. (that was the best part)

Love it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 05:22:54 PM »
Pretty much Coach. Like I've said before, I don't agree with you to much outside of training, but you do know your stuff when it comes to fitness.

Appreciate it. Thank you.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 05:24:28 PM »
Appreciate it. Thank you.

I still think your nuts.  :D

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
....allow people who have no idea how to train to look like advanced athletes.

No, because they; " Don't want to lift no heavy ass weights"  

Taken from the words of Ronnie ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »
I still think your nuts.  :D

LOL, only slightly.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
"Functional strength"  hahahaaaa....unless you make a living hitting a big tire with a sledgehammer, whats so fucking functional about it...LOL.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 05:35:21 PM »
Cross-fit is for fags that can not lift.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 06:13:38 PM »

Nice work. :)
a