Author Topic: Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1234 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 16, 2011, 09:57:57 PM »
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not exactly overturned but put on hold.

Congressional negotiators struck a deal Thursday that overturns the new rules that were to have banned sales of traditional incandescent light bulbs beginning next year.

That agreement is tucked inside the massive 1,200-page spending bill that funds the government through the rest of this fiscal year, and which both houses of Congress will vote on Friday. Mr. Obama is expected to sign the bill, which heads off a looming government shutdown.

Congressional Republicans dropped almost all of the policy restrictions they tried to attach to the bill, but won inclusion of the light bulb provision, which prevents the Obama administration from carrying through a 2007 law that would have set energy efficiency standards that effectively made the traditional light bulb obsolete.

Stopping the bulb ban was a chief GOP priority coming into this year, with all of the candidates seeking to become chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee saying they would push through a repeal. That bill cleared the House but Democrats blocked its consideration in the Senate.

House Republicans then insisted on adding a provision into the year-end spending bill, and it was one of the last major sticking-points in the negotiations.

“When the American people gave Republicans control of the House in January, one of the major issues involved was the Democratic ban on the 100 watt bulb,” said Rep. Michael Burgess, who fought to preserve the incandescent bulb. “Republicans have fulfilled our promise to the American people by allowing them to continue to be able to choose what type of bulb they use at home. Consumers should drive the marketplace, not the government.”

cont... http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/16/congress-overturns-incandescent-light-bulb-ban/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 04:53:35 AM »
And why did the senate demos try to kill this? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 07:08:17 AM »
And why did the senate demos try to kill this? 

it's obviously part of the war on christmas that ireelevant candidate rick perry keeps talking about.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 08:07:20 AM »
Dear Congressional Republicans,

How about you stop worrying about lightbulbs and start fighting the Democrats on real spending cuts.

Sincerely,
Howard Roark

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 08:34:02 AM »
^ Cute  ;)

I guess no one here expects you to exhibit any maturity.  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 12:49:50 PM »
Dear Congressional Republicans,

How about you stop worrying about lightbulbs and start fighting the Democrats on real spending cuts.

Sincerely,
Howard Roark
The light bulb ban is the dumbest thing ever.  They did the right thing blocking this for a year and hopefully they go on blocking the stupidity.  I'm keeping my incandesents!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 09:02:33 AM »
Hugo you are such a sissy.

Why would you remove my posts which were obviously meant to be tongue in cheek and funny?

You're exactly like the real Hugo Chavez except for the fact that  you're twice as corrupt, an even bigger moron and have worse personal hygiene. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 12:46:31 PM »
a string of posts that only told each person posting in this thread to fuck off?  yea, haha... loads of real funny ::) spamtroll somewhere else.

Here, I'll repost them for you:

"fuck off"
"fuck off"
"fuck off"

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 02:14:25 PM »
a string of posts that only told each person posting in this thread to fuck off?  yea, haha... loads of real funny ::) spamtroll somewhere else.

Here, I'll repost them for you:

"fuck off"
"fuck off"
"fuck off"

:'(

Boo hoo hoo-- Half the responses in this thread were actually mine. You should be thanking me for making it seem like anyone on this board actually pays attention to you.   

I don't spam your piece of shit threads because 97% of the time they are irrelevant and nobody else reads them. The 3% of the time that I actually read the stupidity you post here, I respond to maybe 1%. 

Great job Hugo! Keep up the good work!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 02:45:46 PM »
:'(

Boo hoo hoo-- Half the responses in this thread were actually mine. You should be thanking me for making it seem like anyone on this board actually pays attention to you.   

I don't spam your piece of shit threads because 97% of the time they are irrelevant and nobody else reads them. The 3% of the time that I actually read the stupidity you post here, I respond to maybe 1%. 

Great job Hugo! Keep up the good work!

dude, all you said was fuckoff.  If you would have said anything at all about the subject I wouldn't have touched anything.  But if all you want to do is post "fuck off" over and over...  I don't even know if you're for or against the ban, all you had to say to everyone was fuck off.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 07:39:59 PM »
sweet news Hugo

The Light Bulb Conspiracy

doc about planned obsolescence. i duno if I posted this before.
its fuckjing amazing! highly recommend

lots of details - dont really recommend but w/e I have listened to it and this guy knows what hes on about

podcast 100 CFL compact fluorescent lightbulbs
Paul talks with Andrew Monkhouse, an epileptic friend of his from the world of software engineering. Andrew shares his story of discovering what triggered his attacks. He shares about the frequency of fluorescent lights, and how it affects him. Fluorescent lights take a while to warm up enough to its full brightness. Paul gets into his research on compact fluorescent lightbulbs. Incandescent lightbulbs will be banned in the U.S. this new year. They pretty much were banned in Australia in 2008, while CFLs were about $1.50. CFLs are now around $8.00. Paul goes into his theory of why this is, involving CFL subsidies. Paul shares about his CFL test and experiments that have already been done. Paul talks about the efficiency ratings of CFLs, and clears up a few details. Paul expresses his frustration with greenwashing and people making money at others’ expense via lying. Paul talks about how CFLs will not live up to what they are rated hour-wise when flipped on and off regularly. Paul mentions The Lightbulb Conspiracy and planned obsolescence, and expresses his frustration over the US being more about shenanigans than about sincere innovation and moving forward. Incandescent lights put out heat. Paul talks about luminosity of new vs old bulbs, as well as how long it takes CFLs to fully light. There have been studies done on how fluorescent lights affect students IQs. Paul talks about mercury and CFL toxixity. Paul talks about changing filaments in order to reuse incandescent lightbulbs. Paul shares that half of home power usage in American homes is for heat. One third of those homes use electric heat. Wofatis require no heat. Rocket mass heaters cut your heat needs way down, and burn very clean. Paul talks about saving energy.

d/l : http://www.archive.org/download/WheatonPermaculture100CflCompactFluorescentLightbulbs/wheaton-permaculture-100-CFL-compact-fluorescent-lightbulbs.mp3 - very slow

articles
CFL Fluorescent Light Bulbs: More Hype Than Value
http://www.richsoil.com/CFL-fluorescent-light-bulbs.jsp

CFL subsidy
http://www.permies.com/t/5760/alternative-energy/CFL-subsidy

ban on incandescent light bulbs
http://www.permies.com/t/2323/alternative-energy/ban-incandescent-light-bulbs

Missoula man says compact fluorescent light bulbs not a bright idea

Read more: http://missoulian.com/news/local/missoula-man-says-compact-fluorescent-light-bulbs-not-a-bright/article_127ed1d4-0da1-11e1-9dd3-001cc4c03286.html#ixzz1gwrh1YKd