Author Topic: USADA is a Joke  (Read 1103 times)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
USADA is a Joke
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:31:34 PM »
The UFC might as well cut USADA loose and stop the charade and save some cash.  Jon Jones gets a reduced penalty again.  He's either the unluckiest guy in the world, or just a lying dirt bag.  I'll go with the latter. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: USADA is a Joke
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:35:20 PM »
The UFC might as well cut USADA loose and stop the charade and save some cash.  Jon Jones gets a reduced penalty again.  He's either the unluckiest guy in the world, or just a lying dirt bag.  I'll go with the latter.  

He agreed to snitch for a reduction of 30 months.
Q

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 09:37:02 PM »
He agreed to snitch for a reduction of 30 months.

Yup.  Especially, since he could not prove that the steroid came from a contaminated supplement.  He snitched all the way.  What a piece of shit.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:38:38 PM »
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was initially facing a 48-month suspension due to his positive test for turinabol, but that was reduced to just 18 months following arbitration. Three months of that reduction were due to a small reduction in Jones’ degree of fault, and the arbitrator believing he did not deliberately intend to cheat, but thirty months were due to the “snitching” clause in the UFC’s anti-doping program.

The clause in question, 10.6.1.1, reads as follows. Emphasis mine.

USADA in its sole discretion may suspend all or part of the period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed in an individual case in which it has results management authority where the Athlete or other Person has provided Substantial Assistance to USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization, criminal authority or professional disciplinary body which results in: (i) USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization discovering or bringing forward an Anti-Doping Policy Violation by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA, or (ii) which results in a criminal or disciplinary body discovering or bringing forward a criminal offense or the breach of professional rules committed by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA. The extent to which the otherwise applicable period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed may be suspended shall be based on the seriousness of the Anti-Doping Policy Violation committed by the Athlete or other Person and the significance of the Substantial Assistance provided by the Athlete or other Person to the effort to eliminate doping in sport.

If the Athlete or other Person fails to continue to cooperate and to provide the complete and credible Substantial Assistance upon which a suspension of the period of Ineligibility or other Consequences was based, USADA shall reinstate the original period of Ineligibility and other Consequences.

What this means is that Jones has been providing USADA with information that will lead to either USADA sanctioning individuals, or criminal investigations into individuals. His 30 month reduction is very significant, over 50% of his total suspension length. For comparison, a recent reduction for the same reason in weightlifting saw USADA give a reduction of 24 months on a 48-month suspension, which would imply Jones’ information is significant, as he received a greater reduction.

The clause specifically states the reduction is given when the information results in USADA or another body discovering or bringing forward an offense/violation, so Jones just saying he heard this guy does steroids wouldn’t cut it. It almost certainly involved specific, detailed information about the use or supply of drugs.

Jones is required to continue to provide this information, or his suspension will be reinstated.

This appears to be the first time any UFC athlete has taken advantage of the “snitching” clause to gain a reduction in their sentence. It has happened before in other sports, most recently in US weightlifting circles, which led to several sanctions and other people also taking advantage of the “snitching” clause to reduce their own sentences.

It could take months before the results of the information Jones has provided becomes obvious based on the timeline of other, similar investigations by USADA.

Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 09:40:07 PM »
A self-described “sheltered” and “never popular” child growing up, Jones was never the one looking to cause trouble during his years spent in grade school.

“As a kid I was never popular,” admitted “Bones” in a recent conversation with Sherdog.com. “I was always kind of just nice to everyone. I don’t know. It was always about me and my brothers growing up.

“My parents kept us pretty sheltered. We were never allowed to spend the night at our friends’ house, not once. We were always taught to take care of our family and do the right things.”

In Jones eyes, doing the right thing definitely included spilling the beans anytime he witnessed anything he judged to be wrong as an adolescent.

“I’ve always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part,” said Jones. “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing.
My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.”
Q

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 09:43:00 PM »
Ironic that they camp outside Cormier's front door to test him constantly, but barely tested Jones the whole time he was suspended.  Yeah, why bother testing a guy that fails tests constantly?  Test the clean guy instead.  Just like they target Holly Holm, who has never failed.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 11:05:44 PM »
The UFC might as well cut USADA loose and stop the charade and save some cash.  Jon Jones gets a reduced penalty again.  He's either the unluckiest guy in the world, or just a lying dirt bag.  I'll go with the latter. 

late to the party i see.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 12:11:14 AM »
“I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot.
I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing.[/b]

I wonder if he dropped a dime on brother Chandler??

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-synthetic-marijuana-led-to-chandler-jones-strange-hospital-trip/